NEurope
Choze

Destiny 2

Yeah, i've been picking away at the weekly stuff and I finished the Flashpoint last night.
I don't think i've even came across a purple mod yet. I know I can buy them once I reached 280 but at the moment it seems like i'm stuck at 265-267 until I finish what little weekly challenges I have left. If you finish these challenges is there no other way to get higher drops apart from doing a Raid or Nightfall?
I had a play around with infusing armour and tried to get some better gear/high level from it. I've got a bunch of purple pieces but all of them are at 265 and are unable to fuse together due to the base stats being too low.
Thanks for the help, [mention=2464]Sheikah[/mention]

You can get 270 stuff from the vendors, it's just a bit rate though. You can also pick up Cayde's maps which have pretty good stuff in the chests, do public events for exotics (which will be higher power level; use that consumable item that boosts drops when taking on these), and nightfall. Nightfall is really quite easy to do and VERY rewarding. You get drops after killing the boss in the nightfall and powerful gear for completing the nightfall. It's not difficult if you're over 260.
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

You can get 270 stuff from the vendors, it's just a bit rate though. You can also pick up Cayde's maps which have pretty good stuff in the chests, do public events for exotics (which will be higher power level; use that consumable item that boosts drops when taking on these), and nightfall. Nightfall is really quite easy to do and VERY rewarding. You get drops after killing the boss in the nightfall and powerful gear for completing the nightfall. It's not difficult if you're over 260.

Thanks. I'll have a crack at doing Cayde's maps and see if I luck out there.

I made it past 280. 

Messing around with mods now. My drops werent great yesterday and I accidentally realised you dont always get 100% infusions and lost some levels lol. 

Mainly playing the Crucible. I hope there is an Iron Banner this month.  

Bought this game just now. Wanted something to keep me occupied until Battlefront. First impression though, what the fuck is up with the install. Do I have to wait for the entire install to finish? Can't remember the last time installing took this long.

6 minutes ago, Choze said:

Mainly playing the Crucible. I hope there is an Iron Banner this month.  

090717_calendar1504860750519.jpg

It'll come sometime in October.

4 minutes ago, Tales said:

Bought this game just now. Wanted something to keep me occupied until Battlefront. First impression though, what the fuck is up with the install. Do I have to wait for the entire install to finish? Can't remember the last time installing took this long.

Did you get a physical copy? I went digital and it was fine. Download and play.

42 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Thanks. I'll have a crack at doing Cayde's maps and see if I luck out there.

There seems to be a "softcap" on chests, i.e. don't open more than 5 chests in 5 minutes. If you open more in that time you won't get anything. There's also a possibility that some of Cayde's chests don't have anything in them regardless of that "softcap". It's unclear whether this is intentional or not.

Edited by drahkon

Nope, bought it digital and it's installing at snail's pace, about a mb every 3 seconds. And it's 30 GB....It says "transferring game content" if that means anything, but I have not played the original.

Edited by Tales

29 minutes ago, Tales said:

Nope, bought it digital and it's installing at snail's pace.

Hm, that's weird. I remember being able to play immediately after the download was finished/the servers were up.

And it's 30 GB....It says "transferring game content" if that means anything, but I have not played the original.

I read something about that the day it got released. Some people had the issue. No idea what exactly caused this...Didn't happen to me.

Edited by drahkon

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Hm, that's weird. I remember being able to play immediately after the download was finished/the servers were up.

I read something about that the day it got released. Some people had the issue. No idea what exactly caused this...Didn't happen to me.

After searching around, I've realized it's actually still downloading. I was wondering why my Internet connection suddenly got so good :p

• Like 1

Cayde's chests have been garbage for me, two weeks, ten chests and nothing but blue crap.

Maybe I need to change my sig...

Edited by Eddage
  • Like 1

Currently grinding the Crucible for the weekly reward...

I hate this mode. Maps are too big for 4v4, people not going for the objectives (as is the norm with every shooter), competitive is just against clans sitting in a corner and you get way to few rewards compared to other activities...

Edited by drahkon

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Currently grinding the Crucible for the weekly reward...

I hate this mode. Maps are too big for 4v4, people not going for the objectives (as is the norm with every shooter), competitive is just against clans sitting in a corner and you get way to few rewards compared to other activities...

Yup. I've just knocked it off for these reasons. Figured it's not worth the effort, especially after coming in from a hard days graft.

I keep getting paired up against clans who are clearly organised and communicating well enough to destroy the team of randoms I'm on.

I also find the matches to drag on a little too long but that could just be me being used to Splatoon 2's snappy games.

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I also find the matches to drag on a little too long but that could just be me being used to Splatoon 2's snappy games.

I haven't had one match that ended by points...no matter what mode. It's stupid. Bungie needs to work on PvP. I really enjoy the shooting mechanics but the game modes are simply not rewarding enough and drag on way too long.

Yeah, I think crucible is in a bad place right now. In D1 it used to be that you could make a difference on your own but now it feels too competitive, which for the non-competitive modes doesn't feel right.

I also miss the general level of power I used to feel in D1 by having a sniper/shotgun whenever as well as the whole team getting heavy, not to mention the increased power/recharge of grenades/abilities.

Given that secondary weapons are basically a lot like primary weapons now, it feels like a team-based primary weapon dictated game. I find it rather dull.

• Thanks 1

I disagree about the Crucible. The main attraction for me in Destiny is the Crucible.

Destiny 2 has less emphasis on cheap kills and more skill. 

Primaries matter more now and team play is key. 

Yeah I have had one sided matches and matches dont end on points, but overall its better than ever. Minus that kill confirmed type mode. I am sure other modes will come soon with faster power charging etc. 

Now Power level 285. Meaningless right now though :heh: 

Trails teaser: 

Edited by Choze

I was never too keen on the crucible from 6v6 to 4v4 exactly because I thought it'd be less fun for solo or low level folks such as myself. Still possibly feel it but not sure. Only played two so far.

Played two games for a milestone yesterday - strangely topped the team(absolute last minute clutch too) for kills despite being a 2 with and against 20s :D genuinely couldn't understand how tho, but my efficiency and damage was second last anyhow. That was a 4v4. Next one was the one where to collect the player's marker when they die or try to save your mates' ones instead? Clearly nobody on my team knew what was going on and they did - went about 0-15 in no time. After that I think we had a leaver or rejoined or something and people wizened a bit but it was just too late and not tight enough. Didn't want to leave but was pretty quickly demoralised in that match(also still ended on time).

Gonna have a crack at a couple now. Obvs not got any really decency on my weapons but hopefully it won't suck too much :p

Wonder how they'll do the factions this time around, additional content when doing the regular stuff (aka gain faction rep as well as regular rep).  Or new faction-exclusive challenges.

Reputation so far from what I see seems to be collectibles that are the traded for it?

Did a reasonable bit of crucible(and a couple story missions) earlier. Mostly was control and DM/elims(always forget the name for it) iirc. Bit annoying it's a randomised playlist(did two comps too, lost one won one) but as I said to a few of the others...goddaaaaanm I have missed control, my pulse rifle, and my fists punching a guardian the fuck out.

4v4 could be better, but it isn't terrible. I think I'd still prefer 6v6(particualrly in control, as @daft made me consider) as it gives more room for overall variance to allow balance for lesser skilled folks with less frustration hopefully. Other than the two comps I played QP otherwise - as ever its  be expected of online. Some on objective, some not, some just not even thinking tactically or paying attention(imo that's the crux on control - zones, radar, and gambling on their plays off of it). I dunno what Bungie are like with their Dev stuff and fan demand - but I poss wouldn't be surprised to see an eventual 6v6. I am not finding it too unfun so far - tho I'm a level 9ish and I can definitely tell when I'm hitting some super noobs and it might not be fun for them - tho I've been on both sides. Time shall tell. I feel like I'm not minding it as much as I did in D1 - but that may be a combination of the game being new/opposition not too skilled up, or having basically been playing OW for over a year now.

For my single player evaluation(I know it's a DP but I'm using my privilege) - I've not FT'd with anyone properly so far but I'm liking it. I like that the world's are a bit more open(seeing a public counting down from orbit is kinda cool) and selecting said world isn't tying ones hand neccessarily. Obvs the trade-off is the mission/cutscene cut ins but they're really not bad at all.

I've been finding it more vibrant/pretty than I expected, as well as some really cracking audio early on(less fussed now). Need to see what it'll be like after story/teaming up more/doing more public events etc. I've done an 'adventure' so far that I thought was a mission but maybe it's the new style of patrol?

So far got Earth and Titan unlocked. Feeling progression to be a bit quick but tbh I know that's the the case - sitting around 70-80ish on my power now iirc.

If anyone sees me online tonight and would like to do the Nightfall with me, feel free to give me a shout/invite me.

17 minutes ago, drahkon said:

If anyone sees me online tonight and would like to do the Nightfall with me, feel free to give me a shout/invite me.

I could be up for that, depending on what time it is. I haven't had the opportunity to do one yet.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

Completed the main story with @Goafer last night. I enjoyed it. It was a lot more focused that before and even though I would say the final battle was a bit of a letdown, the build up to it in the final two missions more than makes up for it.

I'm about 220 power at the moment so should hopefully be able to join you all for more stuff by next week.

I'm up for nightfall.
  • Like 1

Is this game worth it for the single player alone do you reckon?