NEurope
Choze

Destiny 2

Been really busy this week. Tried the Nightfall last night.

Missed Rat King by 7 seconds lol. :cry::cry:

Been really busy this week. Tried the Nightfall last night.

Missed Rat King by 7 seconds lol. :cry::cry:

I’m surprised you even managed that on this weeks nightfall
  • Haha 1

Was looking forward to going through the story again with a second character (Warlock) today. But it's fucking maintenance time, biiiiiiiiitcheeeeeeeeeees. 6 hours. YEAH.
I mean, maintenace is important. But every week? For basically an entire workday? Ridiculous...

Thank God for Final Fantasy IX :D

Edited by drahkon

I didn't.

Others apparently started the raid last Friday.

I'll resort to Guided Games soon unless someone here is willing to put some effort into organizing a blind raid.

Edited by drahkon

Interesting uhhh bug I think. I started the raid and did the first part only of it. Then the next day I ended up with a party already at Calus, and finished the raid. Got my milestone and all.

Fast forward to a couple days later some other members of my clan (who I haven't raided with) no longer have the milestone despite having not finished the raid themselves. 

I didn't. Others apparently started the raid last Friday.

I'll resort to Guided Games soon unless someone here is willing to put some effort into organizing a blind raid.

I’ll be honest, I’m not sure I’m having fun doing the raid blind. Some bits yes, but usually when we finally figure it out and that’s after having sunk hours, literally. Im too old to be spending that amount of time with no progress lol.

And now we have to continue from where we left off today rather than doing something else fun.

I think I enjoy receiving rewards rather than guessing what the developers are expecting us to work through.

The wonderment and setting of the raid is literally awesome though. Great overall world design from what I have seen so far

16 hours ago, Deathjam said:

I’ll be honest, I’m not sure I’m having fun doing the raid blind. Some bits yes, but usually when we finally figure it out and that’s after having sunk hours, literally. Im too old to be spending that amount of time with no progress lol.

Yeah definitely, I like the style and idea behind this raid, but figuring out is nowhere near as fun, because each round (well, we've only seen two) is so quickly punishing. You don't get time to figure it out, you either figure it out or you wipe. That's nowhere near as fun as past raids. So far it's been more fun working out the in-between parts of the raid area.

• Like 2

I'm inclined to agree. Too much time spent figuring out what you need to do / what the mechanics are, and not enough spent on coming up with strategies or getting slowing better at the execution. The fun part of the blind raids comes from trying to come up with strategies, team roles etc, as opposed to joining a PUG and being told 'this is the strat, just do this without any real understanding'.

Having said all that, it's all been very well designed so far and I love the idea of exploring this massive ship. Looking forward to actually finishing the raid, hopefully the rest is as interesting and challenging as the War Beasts encounter.

Was planning on having 1 last shot at Nightfall last night, but due to the maintenance extension i went back to Far Cry Primal.

Guess its lucky I was out. 

This week's faction system seems very rewarding. 

The faction system is pretty good and right now you can farm it like crazy (incoming patch no doubt) land at Io in the lost oasis and go into the lost sector to your left, run through destroying the 6 cashes, back out to lost oasis, turn round back in and hit it again, rinse and repeat! I had 130 tokens in about 40min

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Seems like Future War Cult are poised to win this one already

They have the best PvE weapons supposedly, I know the hand cannon I got last night was amazing, 11 round mag, high impact and range and the main perk was one where rounds stick to enemies and explode after a delay

Can anyone help me with the Rat King quest tonight or tomorrow? Ideally people who haven’t started it at all or who have finished it.

Apparently the nightfall is brilliant for it this week!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eddage said:

Can anyone help me with the Rat King quest tonight or tomorrow? Ideally people who haven’t started it at all or who have finished it.

Apparently the nightfall is brilliant for it this week!

What exactly is the Rat King quest?

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

What exactly is the Rat King quest?

A quest for an exotic sidearm called Rat King. Once you get something called Rat King Crew after completed Enemy of my Enemy on Titan map, you need to doing those bits to get it.

1. "The Rat King's Crew runs to and fro, good girls and boys know where to go, pick up your toys and daron your socks, on errands of woe, on errands we walk" - Complete two Patrol Missions with a Fireteam of at least one other Guardian 
  2. "The Rat King's Crew goes arm in arm, to fight as one, to do no harm, so have your fun and run outside, rally the flag and we'll never die" - Complete two Public Events with a Fireteam of at least one other Guardian
  3. "The Rat King's Crew goes four and four, with good good fights they learn to score, then three as one they stand upright, return from past the wall and wanting more" - Complete two Crucible matches with a Fireteam of at least one other Guardian
  4. "The Rat King's Crew stands three as one, they see Night's fall and fear it none, but watch the clock as you scale the wall, lest five remain hope comes for none" - Complete the Nightfall Strike with at least five minutes remaining
Edited by DriftKaiser
  • Thanks 1

And I think the other people in your fireteam have to also have the quest active or if they have already completed it they need to have the Rat King equipped.

I can join in If you like. 

5 minutes seem tough though. 

Spam grenades and supers. 

I use invisibility on the switches etc.

Damn FFIX...I can't get enough of the JRPG.

Need to get back to Destiny 2 sometime :D

Might continue the story with a Warlock after work.

worth pointing out that the guided games stuff is available.

I did the nightfall this way. Took two fails sadly as the people i joined seemed clueless.

Will try the raid this way this week.

Here is a vid of someone soloing the Prestige Nightfall.

Edited by Choze
  • Thanks 1