NEurope
Choze

Destiny 2

Update downloading. Hopefully, the servers have settled down a bit so I can have an evening of Destiny.  Probably not a lot of luck there, considering a 50mb file is taking a long time to download.  Would have thought Bungie would have upped the server capabilities since 1.

Well, the download speed is Sony's responsibility.

The servers aren't back up again, though.
Edit: They are, but I'm waiting in line...

Edited by drahkon

Spoiler

Regained access to the Strikes and Patrols across the planets, feels more like Destiny now.  Have a bunch of side missions to do, but I think I'll hold them off for a bit

My light has increased in the 270's

Raid is open. 

Edited by Choze

I'm still slowly working my way through the story with @Goafer so won't be high enough level yet. Definitely up for joining you guys when I am though.

Ah, apparently I've missed something?

Anyway, will avoid any kind of spoilers until next week then.

Will try to catch up abit and see. May have time over the weekend.

I am absolutely loving the crucible. The changes are very good. 

6 minutes ago, Deathjam said:

Hmm, seems I was missed off the raid call....

Apologies, that wasn't my intention. Anybody can join, of course. :) I just mentioned some I remember playing Destiny 2.

• Like 1

I'm a bit busy this week, completely free all of next week though so definitely up for raiding.

I hit the 280s yesterday so can buy those lovely legendary mods, wish you had a bit more control over which ones you get though.

Worth pointing out that Bungie added a new map for Crucible based on the raid theme :D

13 hours ago, drahkon said:

Ah, apparently I've missed something?

Anyway, will avoid any kind of spoilers until next week then.

I am around with a +1. Not been on this week yet but I'm lvl 271. @Deathjam What level are you at?

Could try it tonight potentially. Whatever is easy 

Edited by Daft

I am around with a +1. Not been on this week yet but I'm lvl 271. [mention=3300]Deathjam[/mention] What level are you at?
Could try it tonight potentially. Whatever is easy 

I'm at level 268. I have a bunch of powerful gear to collect and I still haven't done the nightfall but I'm saving those for a higher light level.
I'm off work till Monday so im getting my grind on and free for a raid whenever.

3 minutes ago, Deathjam said:

I'm at level 268. I have a bunch of powerful gear to collect and I still haven't done the nightfall but I'm saving those for a higher light level.
I'm off work till Monday so im getting my grind on and free for a raid whenever.

Edit: Actually hold that thought for a minute.

Edited by Daft

17 hours ago, drahkon said:

Not going to watch that.

We have to get a fireteam going for the Raid soon :)

@Happenstance @Daft @Hero-of-Time @Shorty @DriftKaiser @Map @Eddage @MilaGi @Jimbob @Agent Gibbs @Choze

With me, that would be 12 people. Enough for two teams. Would everybody be up for it? And if so, when?

I'm not raid ready yet, my power level is about 18 off the minimum for it.

Sorry, I'm going on holiday so I thought it would be best not to sign up in case we have to go back in over the course of the week. Also wasn't high enough PL anyway. I should be around next time!

So, how do you level up your light/defense after reaching the cap of 265? Drops are only giving out 260 gear and when handing tokens in to vendors they only dish out gear at 265. Is the only way to now get better gear by doing the one time only weekly quests, Raids and Nightfall mission, two of them needing multiple people to run, or can I keep doing strikes and hope for better drops from those?

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

So, how do you level up your light/defense after reaching the cap of 265? Drops are only giving out 260 gear and when handing tokens in to vendors they only dish out gear at 265. Is the only way to now get better gear by doing the one time only weekly quests, Raids and Nightfall mission, two of them needing multiple people to run, or can I keep doing strikes and hope for better drops from those?

To get beyond the 265 softcap you basically want to be completing any challenges that give "powerful" gear, as well as public events to get exotics. This week if you max out your personal clan XP (5,000 XP) you will get powerful gear; same for completing the flashpoint mission.

You can also slot purple (legendary) mods into armour/weapons; these give you a perk (e.g. faster grenade cooldown) as well as, most importantly, increasing that particular gear's power level by 5.

Let's say you slot a purple mod into a 265 gear - it's now for all intents and purposes a 270 gear (and will boost your character's power level accordingly). That said, it still technically has a "base" level of 265; if you therefore get a 267 gear of the same type, you can still infuse this into that "270" (base 265) gear since that gear is still technically 265, thus the piece will become power level 272.

Once you hit 280 you will get a boost of 3 or 4 levels immediately since you can acquire as many purple mods as you want from the gunsmith.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sheikah said:

To get beyond the 265 softcap you basically want to be completing any challenges that give "powerful" gear, as well as public events to get exotics. This week if you max out your personal clan XP (5,000 XP) you will get powerful gear; same for completing the flashpoint mission.

You can also slot purple (legendary) mods into armour/weapons; these give you a perk (e.g. faster grenade cooldown) as well as, most importantly, increasing that particular gear's power level by 5.

Let's say you slot a purple mod into a 265 gear - it's now for all intents and purposes a 270 gear (and will boost your character's power level accordingly). That said, it still technically has a "base" level of 265; if you therefore get a 267 gear of the same type, you can still infuse this into that "270" (base 265) gear since that gear is still technically 265, thus the piece will become power level 272.

Once you hit 280 you will get a boost of 3 or 4 levels immediately since you can acquire as many purple mods as you want from the gunsmith.

Yeah, i've been picking away at the weekly stuff and I finished the Flashpoint last night.

I don't think i've even came across a purple mod yet. I know I can buy them once I reached 280 but at the moment it seems like i'm stuck at 265-267 until I finish what little weekly challenges I have left. If you finish these challenges is there no other way to get higher drops apart from doing a Raid or Nightfall?

I had a play around with infusing armour and tried to get some better gear/high level from it. I've got a bunch of purple pieces but all of them are at 265 and are unable to fuse together due to the base stats being too low.

Thanks for the help, @Sheikah