NEurope
Choze

Destiny 2

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

To be fair, a lot of the hidden objectives are very obscure and most won't know how to active a Heroic Event unless they've seen someone else do it or looked online. The one i've seen people miss the most is where you have to shoot into the vents. Most people leg it out of the zone once the evacuate message pops up.

I know, I was joking :p I still don't know how to activate one Heroic Event, but I've also never seen it happen.

Didn't have a lot of time to play yesterday. Will dive back in later today :)

By the way...The "Exodus Crash" strike boss fight is the worst...soooooo boring.

It went straight to number 1 but...

Destiny 2’s physical sales are less than half those of its predecessor in the UK – even if it is still the biggest launch of the year thus far. According to leaked numbers which we believe to be accurate, the title sold around 175,000 units in its launch week – a gigantic decline compared to the first game’s tally of 417,000 units.

Of course, the numbers alone don’t tell the full tale: Destiny launched on four platforms as opposed to two, and had an extra day of sales due to releasing on a Tuesday rather than a Wednesday. More pertinently, none of this data includes digital numbers, and while that applies to the first game too, sales of software through venues such as the PlayStation Store have been steadily increasing since 2014.

We already know that Destiny 2 has been successful, as Bungie tweeted over the weekend that it had topped 1.2 million concurrent players, which is an impressive feat. However, it’ll be interesting to see whether – with digital data included – it can ultimately hang with its predecessor, or if fence-sitters have been put off.

I was doing various strikes, a bit of PvP and many a public event, yesterday. I think my light/power is now around the 259 mark. I dunno how much more time i'll put into the game, though. I played through the campaign, which is all I really wanted from the game. 

I'm LL266 now on my Warlock, need to power level a hunter or Titan at some point

Heroic Public events are amazing when you can get people who know how to trigger them, I've managed all except the taken public event which for some reason I've never even found....

Some of the exotic bounties are a real pain in the arse! the one where you need to get multiple kills with the Drang (its the Golden Gun from the same titled James Bond film) 10 times and kill 10 high level fallen with the Drang (ONLY ON NESSUS) is absolutely awful, because every time I was killing a high level troop some other player thinking they were helping stole the damn kill! FML! took me the best part of 2 hours wandering round waiting for events or High Levels to wander the area

And it seems theres more to the quest too!

Nearly done the Mida Multi tool quest too, but the Mini is fabulous! shreds enemies!

Got quite a few exotics now, The Graviton pulse rifle (main story quest one),  The Sunshot (Hand Cannon) which like the Pulse rifle causes enemies to explode on death, The Prospector (Grenade Launcher) full auto mode melts bosses, Sunburner's Oath (its a cabal slug launcher disguised as a scout rifle), The Crota esq exotic helmet you get in the main questline, The Skull helmet for void walker and Traverse Steps boots.

I have to say though I loved how exotics dropped at lower levels so you didn't have to struggle with crap greens or blues until 20!

Barely had time for strikes with the challenges and public events! let alone the nightfall

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Agent Gibbs said:

Heroic Public events are amazing when you can get people who know how to trigger them, I've managed all except the taken public event which for some reason I've never even found....

I've played that one a few times but i've never been with a team that knows how to trigger the Heroic part of it. I've tried to do it myself  but the rest of the team end the mission too quickly by killing Taken.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 1

Anybody up for the Nightfall tonight? I'm Power Level 267, I hope that's enough.

Hells yeah I am!

I think the recommended is 240 so 267 should be fine!
  • Like 1

Will probably be online at around 9pm. :peace:

Edit: Which is 8pm for you guys, if I have my timezones right.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

I would say those numbers for Destiny are fine given its the Uk and massive over hype of the first release. 

It hasnt tanked the way Watchdogs 2  or Titanfall 2 did. Also engagement is looking very very good. I think Taken King was the turn around moment. Plus its an innovative game any how.

My light is 274. Seems exotics are the way to upgrade. That Nightfall was tricky but finished with 1 minute to go. One person dropped out my first run and we got close. Apparently some people have done the hard mode already going by trophy stats... 0.1%

The changing auras for damage are key.

Up for some stuff anyone likes soon. 

Remember though it was out for a day less, and digital sales will have been far more common though this time round.

Just now, drahkon said:

Sorry @Eddage I was absorbed in a quest. Now I'm not feeling to well (unrelated to that quest :D) and will go to bed.

No worries, we didn't have a third anyway!

I had some fun doing some quests with @gmac last night. I seen he was on his own, so I just jumped into his fireteam. We could have done the Nightfall mission had we had one other person. :( I think my light/power is at 265 now, which isn't too shabby. 

Do the milestone quests update today?

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

We could have done the Nightfall mission had we had one other person. :(

Damn. Wish I didn't go to bed this early last night :D

Do the milestone quests update today?

Yup, in about 40 minutes.

Edit: Looks like the servers will be down for 4 hours later today...

Eurogamer

Bungie will take Destiny 2 offline for four hours today while it conducts its first round of live maintenance on the game.

Players will be unable to login from 3pm UK time this afternoon, when maintenance is scheduled to begin.

Any players still in the game at that point will get 60 minutes grace before being booted out.

Server maintenance is then scheduled to end at 7pm UK time, four hours later.

Yeah great...during the prime time of the day.

Edited by drahkon

Any time is prime time somewhere!

16 minutes ago, bob said:

Any time is prime time somewhere!

But my prime time is the most important one.

Hopefully it's settled down by the time i get on this evening at 8pm.  Going to attempt to finish the story tonight, must be close to the end

Spoiler

I've just done the 1st Io mission, next mission is called Fury (and done 2 side missions afterwards).  Light level is around 226.  Got the Stormcaller powers back way before i finished on Nessus.

Io has a nice change to the usual public events i've been seeing.  And no matter if i'm the only one starting the mission, i'm usually joined by 2 or 3 others within a minute of starting.

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

Damn. Wish I didn't go to bed this early last night :D

Edit: Looks like the servers will be down for 4 hours later today...

Eurogamer

You were on when we were playing but I figured you were running the Nightfall with Eddage.

Sucks about the servers being down when I get in from work. Guess i'll have an extra long session at the gym, seeing as I skipped it yesterday to play more of Destiny. The universe balances things out. :D

• Like 1

So, this thread is pretty quiet considering that the Raid is out tomorrow...what gives?

Well, no Destiny 2 before Champions League for me, then :(

And an update, too. Depending on how big it is/how slow PSN is no Destiny for me tonight...
Edit: It's only 50mb. Phew :D

Edited by drahkon

Well, they've just extended it for another two hours. What an absolute joke. They should really time and stagger this stuff so it happens late at night/early morning across the regions.