NEurope
Choze

Destiny 2

Yesterday evening, I mopped up all the things that I could do on EDZ and headed for Titan. Once again, I spent most of the time just faffing about with various events and generally getting to grips with the layout of the land. I even managed to nick a sparrow off an enemy! This came as a welcome surprise, given that I won't get my own until much later. After that I think I done a couple of story missions and then a couple of the adventure missions that were kicking about. By the end of my session I was level 14. Not too shabby. 

I love playing as a Titan. Most of the time i'm just running around the place and punching enemies into oblivion. Health running low? Punch an enemy and get a nice shield and health recharge. :D 

Reached Power Level 230 yesterday. The Nightfall Strike is now available to me :D Come on people. :p
Also did my second Strike. Took longer than the PS4 exclusive one. Enjoyed it a lot.

Won't be able to play much today. Going to work now and tonight I'll be drunk at a club.

Tomorrow I'll get right back to it, though. Can't wait. :peace:

Had yesterday off work and managed to get some time on this, reached Level 20 and light level 181-192, I would be 192 all the time but I got an exotic from a public event at level 4 Sunshot, attack of 111 enemies ignite on hit, explode on death and it outclasses every other energy weapon I've got so I've kept with that very consistently.

I've gone through to the first mission on the 4th planet, I've done lots of the side mission on the other patrol zones and consistently been side tracked by Public Events

I've loved every minute so far, its been brilliant! I particularly loved the highlight reel of D1 at the start, brought back some good memories!

Public event wise, some seem to have multiple choice to them! the Wraith Witches on Titan, I've been through 10 or so times and 9 of those times we've killed the witches, the portal has opened, waves of thralls run out and then the boss wizard..........but then last night a guy stayed on the plate and shot the crystals at the top as the emblems lit up (like Kings Fall raid) and he destroyed them and out popped a different guy, it was like the strike with the dark blade, almost exactly! Now I'm messing around during events trying to trigger alternate roots! and I wonder what else has hidden paths?!

Unfortunately I'll be away from Wednesday next week so I'll miss out on the first week of Raiding and new Trials. I'm going to have to bring my Vita on holiday so I can access Xur next Friday!

Destiny 2 Expansion 1 has been confirmed from a spoiler posted on Xbox Store.  For those wanting to know, i've spoiler tagged it so click away (as i know some might not want to know right away).

Spoiler

Destiny 2's First Expansion will be called "Curse of the Osiris".  It will continue your Guardians Journey with all-new story missions and adventures set in a new destination.  That destination is Mercury.  Journey through time and space to learn the secrets of the Osiris, avert a dark future and rebuild the ties between the legendary Warlock and his greatest student - Ikora Rey

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/destiny-2-expansion-i-curse-of-osiris/c4s6htbkv5hq

Will feature the following

Explore Mercury and it's mysterious "Infinite Forest" (a new Patrol zone it sounds like to me)

New themed weapons, armour and gear to earn

New co-operative activities and competitive multiplayer arenas

And more (may be a new raid, who knows)

so the ending

Spoiler

The Goa'uld are coming? looked like Goa'uld ships

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Yeah just an excellent game. 2017 has been great!

I like how they havent gone over board with lore and reading online stuff. Its there in the open. The fact they acknowledge stuff outright and speak about it, is excellent. Do those extra blue coloured missions! They reveal lots about the future. Including the upcoming raid and the situation with all existing enemies. 

So far it seems levelling your light is easy as long as you play the game.

They really delivered this time. The planet areas are much bigger and the integrated quests in the same world makes a huge difference. Its still not like a subscription MMO but its very close now and is perhaps the best shared world online game out now IMO. Everything feels great and the game uses those differences to its advantage! 

My main critique would be introducing the dumb clan benefits system from WOW. That thing is hated in WOW. Horrible. Shader system probably as well but I havent used any. Eververse rewards are more frequent but again early to say. 

Edited by Choze

Reached Power Level 260.

We need to get a Nightfall Strike going.

Edit:

Holy cow, that is impressive.

Edited by drahkon

I've just this minute finished the campaign. Loved it. It's exactly what I wanted from the first game. At times it honestly felt like I was playing through one of the Bungie Halo games, specifically Halo 3. Brilliant stuff. :bowdown:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've just this minute finished the campaign. Loved it. It's exactly what I wanted from the first game. At times it honestly felt like I was playing through one of the Bungie Halo games, specifically Halo 3. Brilliant stuff. :bowdown:

Great to hear you loved it :)
I wasn't sure if I was going to bother with the Season Pass but the campaign alone convinced me to get it. Hoping for a discount somewhere before the first DLC drops :D

Edit: People not going for Heroic Events have become my most hated people ever :p

Edit²: I really enjoy Survival in the Crucible. The other modes not so much.

Edited by drahkon

15 hours ago, DriftKaiser said:

I'm 5 away from reaching 280LL so I can get those legendary mods for my gears.

I need to up my light. How do you get yours up so high?

6 hours ago, drahkon said:

I really enjoy Survival in the Crucible. The other modes not so much.

Dive in with the clan, it's a lot more fun. Me, @DriftKaiser, @MilaGi Had a winning streak earlier and unlocked the Crucible weekly clan engram for everyone, enjoy! Pick it up from Hawthorne.

• Haha 2

Now we are gonna trying to get the nightfall reward for everyone to enjoy and Rat King exotic for us later this tonight. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DriftKaiser said:

Now we are gonna trying to get the nightfall reward for everyone to enjoy and Rat King exotic for us later this tonight. 

Damn, was just gonna ask if anyone wants to do the Nightfall tonight :p

Just hit 278 thanks to getting a 289 Mida Multi-Tool form the exotic quest, so close to being able to buy legendary mods!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Eddage said:

Damn, was just gonna ask if anyone wants to do the Nightfall tonight :p

Just hit 278 thanks to getting a 289 Mida Multi-Tool form the exotic quest, so close to being able to buy legendary mods!

I'm stuck at 276. Don't see how I can raise it up. I don't have a legendary mod in two or 3 armour gears. 

My chest is only 270 so that's the one I need, currently hoping for exotic engrams doing Heroic Public Events!

Up for the Nightfall. 

Been trying these lfg websites and apps. The amount of hoops you go through is criminal. Shocking amount of ads and monetisation.

Worst of all they do a bad job at their core purpose. 

7 minutes ago, Choze said:

Up for the Nightfall. 

Been trying these lfg websites and apps. The amount of hoops you go through is criminal. Shocking amount of ads and monetisation.

Worst of all they do a bad job at their core purpose. 

At least the Guided Game will allow you team up with anyone in-game and Destiny app.

Spoiler

Reached level 20, regained both the Void and Stormcaller powers.  And I'm only just off to Nessus, so I think I'm probably overpowered for the rest of the story.  Powe/light level is at 211 at the moment.  And I have a trusty Sparrow, much easier to commute around the EDZ

21 hours ago, drahkon said:

Edit: People not going for Heroic Events have become my most hated people ever :p

To be fair, a lot of the hidden objectives are very obscure and most won't know how to active a Heroic Event unless they've seen someone else do it or looked online. The one i've seen people miss the most is where you have to shoot into the vents. Most people leg it out of the zone once the evacuate message pops up.

Spoiler

1 main mission on Nessus.  Now i'm off to Io, but i've got 5 side missions left on Nessus before moving on.  My completionist side has kicked in, can't leave each planet without doing all main and side missions.  The public events and exploration i'll save until later, unless i happen upon the area during a mission (like i have done a few times on Titan and the EDZ).

A lot of people are saying Destiny 2 is a lot better than the first, and i'm more than happy to agree with them.  Story is 10x better, missions are varied enough.  And there is plenty to do outside of the main game.  I've not yet opened the strikes, but i'm assuming they are unlocked when the story is done.