NEurope
Choze

Destiny 2

What do people think of the micro-transactions possibly being pay to win?

Nothing. I don't care. You can get Bright Engrams regularly after reaching level 20. Buying them gives you an advantage if you buy them right now. I think in a week it won't matter. The engrams are also bound to RNG, so you can't just get whatever you need.

In other news: Reached level 13 with my Hunter and opened up the third area. Not sure what I'll do next. Keep playing with that character to get ready for the Raid and other activities or start a Titan?

Everything I've done so far was fucking awesome. So much fun.

Managed to do a Heroic Public Event just now. Intense :D

• Like 1

I'm only level 3 so far and I already feel like theres been 100x more story than in Destiny 1. Music is excellent as well.

• Like 1

Haven't had a non-stop gaming session this long in ages :laughing:

I've completed 70% of the main missions and I enjoyed every moment. Done several side missions, explored lots of Lost Sectors, looted many Region Chests and marveled at the beautiful vistas the game has to offer.

I also entered The Crucible for a couple of matches. Good old Destiny PvP. Can't wait to find that one weapon I am comfortable with and wreck some Guardians :D

Almost at level 20. I think it's just a matter of one or two story missions.

Already spent about 10 hours with the game and I still have only scratched the surface...

Edit: Also...I can't stress this enough: The music...it has become one of my favourite video game soundtracks ever.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Loving it so far. So good can't wait to play more. 

Realy good for newbies 

I put a few hours into this last night. I love how there seems to be an actual story this time around. I much prefer an in your face cutscene driven storyline than one that relies on you reading lore that is scattered about the place.

Spoiler

...you are left powerless and are climbing down the mountain area is beautiful. More of that, please!

Once I reached the EDZ I was planning on going to do the mission straight away but when I landed there was battle going on to the right of me. I headed over there and found a couple of guardians  battling against to factions of enemies, who were also battling among themselves. It was quite a warzone! Once that had been cleared out I was about to head to the mission but then a community event ( whatever they are called ) popped up. I ended up doing that instead. :p

There seems to be lots of stuff going on, so much so that i've hardly progressed the story at all but I think my character is level 8 or 9 purely off just doing random stuff that keeps popping up or taking on enemies that keep rearing their ugly heads. I've yet to really venture away from the starting area of the EDZ.

EDIT: What are those EDZ token thingies for? I have a load of them at the moment that I got from various loot boxes.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

EDIT: What are those EDZ token thingies for? I have a load of them at the moment that I got from various loot boxes.

You can trade them in at Devrim to raise reputation. I don't know if it's better to wait until you're at a higher level or not...I traded them in immediately and got max reputation at an early level. You can get the reward (legendary engram) only at level 20 anyway. Previewing the possible engram contents shows level 15 gear. I assume/hope the equipment you get will be level 20.

Edit: The equipment I got was at level 15 or 16. But they improved my power level a little.

Decided to spontaniously take a day off from work...yeah, going to work tomorrow will be even more difficult :laughing:

Edit: Well, servers are fucked. Time to go back to sleep. :p

Edited by drahkon

Making the opposite effort on this game to you guys and determined to never play anything solo :p had great fun last night getting back into it although I hope I don't run out of things to do too quickly.

Reached level 20 and power level 200. :peace: Got a Sparrow. Finally. :DWill make those travels between larger areas in patrol zones a little less annoying.

Story-wise I think I'm in the final stretch. Maybe 4-5 more missions. Can't wait to see how it'll end.

Will do some public events to start a specific side quest (not going to spoil it; not sure if everybody knows about a certain thing).

9 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Zero chill @drahkon :p glad you're enjoying it though.

If a game grabs me this much, there's no way I'll stop :D

I've still two classes to play, so if anybody wants to start again anytime soon feel free to give me a shout :p

How 'open' is it? One thing I wanted from original Destiny was exploration which obviously we didn't get.

13 minutes ago, UziT said:

How 'open' is it? One thing I wanted from original Destiny was exploration which obviously we didn't get.

I've spent at least 4 hours exploring the largest of the Patrol Zones and I've explored 50% of the map. The other three zones are smaller but I think you can get more than 3 hours worth of exploration in each.

It all depends on wether you want to find Region Chests, Lost Sectors, Adventures (side quests), Intel on certain things. There definitely is a lot of exploration involved in these.

The zones are also beautiful. I constantly stop and admire the different vistas the game has to offer.

Be aware: It's not as open as you'd expect from an MMO, though.

Classic Activision

The gaming industry really is a mess at the moment and I can't see it getting any better in terms of these types of practices.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The gaming industry really is a mess at the moment and I can't see it getting any better in terms of these types of practices.

Yup, they're here to stay as long as people are paying. And there will always be paying customers.

For me, however, the Destiny 2 microtransactions aren't an issue. I don't really care for Shaders and everything else you can buy with real money (especially since you can earn them by just playing the game). I don't like Activision doing this, but it has no impact on how much I enjoy the game.

It's good to see the community being very vocal about how they feel about this. Doubt anything will change, though...

Edited by drahkon

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Yup, they're here to stay as long as people are paying. And there will always be paying customers.

For me, however, the Destiny 2 microtransactions aren't an issue. I don't really care for Shaders and everything else you can buy with real money (especially since you can earn them by just playing the game). I don't like Activision doing this, but it has no impact on how much I enjoy the game.

It's good to see the community being very vocal about how they feel about this. Doubt anything will change, though...

I'm the same in that they don't effect me but it does sadden me that publishers are exploiting a set of their userbase and are getting away with it.

As you said, I think it's here to stay purely because a generation of gamers are growing up thinking that this is the normal thing for a video game to do and as such have no issue with paying for such things. 

I do hope that some government will step in a see that things like loot boxes really are gambling and impose some laws to either restrict the practice altogether or at least reign the whole thing in. China made a good step towards this earlier in the year by forcing developers to show the odds of loot box items. 

• Like 2

@Map @MilaGi I haven't process further in the story campaign but I'm now level 20 thanks to the public events and challenges. Half 5pm again? 

Got an exotic engram which decrypted into... 

Spoiler

The ToO gun with perks ideally for the trials.

Edited by DriftKaiser

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Classic Activision

Very much also Bungie though. 

Shame because the game is well made. If people are happy they are more likely to spend around the game. There was no need for this. 

Just entered the Strike Playlist and did the same strike twice in a row. It was the one that is exclusive to PS4. Short but fun.

4 story missions left for me. Currently at Power Level 223. Hopefully I'll reach 240 soon for the Nightfall Strike.

Credits are rolling.

If I had to use one word to describe Destiny 2's story, it would be: fun.

Can't wait to do it all again with the remaining two characters :peace:
But first: Preparations for Nightfalls and the Raid. This time I won't miss out.

I'm repeating myself but the music is stellar. It made every moment even more special. I need the soundtrack on Spotify...NOW.

Edited by drahkon

7 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Credits are rolling.

If I had to use one word to describe Destiny 2's story, it would be: fun.

Can't wait to do it all again with the remaining two characters :peace:
But first: Preparations for Nightfalls and the Raid. This time I won't miss out.

I'm repeating myself but the music is stellar. It made every moment even more special. I need the soundtrack on Spotify...NOW.

Pretty the soundtracks are on Bungie YouTube and ITunes atm. Saw a tweet recently. 

18 minutes ago, DriftKaiser said:

Pretty the soundtracks are on Bungie YouTube and ITunes atm. Saw a tweet recently. 

I know. That doesn't help me, though :p

Made a start.  So far, so good.  This is my first visit to the farm as I missed out during the beta.  At the moment, not sure if I prefer it to the Tower.  I'm guessing only time will tell as I play more.

4 hours ago, Jimbob said:

Made a start.  So far, so good.  This is my first visit to the farm as I missed out during the beta.  At the moment, not sure if I prefer it to the Tower.  I'm guessing only time will tell as I play more.

The farm is not bad. Keep going. There is a more involved story this time round. 

I finished and yeah really enjoyed it. 

Feel like bursting with stuff to say but keep playing everyone! No spoilers from me.

Edited by Choze