NEurope
Choze

Destiny 2

Look like I'll get the game tomorrow since the tracker said it arrived at a RDC in Bristol this morning. 😭

Against everything I believe in, I ordered from GAME, so I'm hoping for delivery tomorrow but no idea if it'll happen....

• Like 1

Currently working my way through "My name is Byf's" Lore videos. They are awesome.

Will watch "The Book of Sorrows Part 3 - Ascension" now. Hope it's the last video about The Book of Sorrows. :D Edit: Well, it's not :( Hope Part 4 will arrive soon.

Now it's time for some extra lore: The Vault of Glass, Crota's End, Stroies of Cayde-6, The Dragons, etc...

Edited by drahkon

I'm hoping mine is arriving today so I can get it installed/patched!

Quite looking forward to it :)

• Like 1

My copy has arrived, I've downloaded the patch and the servers are up if you have a physical copy. Gonna take a peek.

From reddit, GAME dispatch the games before 5pm today. 

Spoiler

Bad new! The character creations are exactly the same as it was in D1. No new stuffs like beard. 

Say what you want about the Destiny franchise but its music is one of the best in gaming.

• Like 1

Apparently there's another loading screen of some kind when starting the digital version for the first time...

"Transfering Data" which amounts to downloading 29GB according to a reddit post.

That's me not playing tonight, then.

Interesting. Will put disk in first thing. Wishing I had gone digital this time.

Just reached the social space.

My goodness, that was one of the fucking best opening sequences I've ever played. The gameplay was Destiny as we all know: Gunplay at its best. But what stood out to me was the audiovisual experience. The setting, the sound effects, the music...it was spectacular.

Spoiler

After battling alone I reached the Tower and there were two other Guardians. I immediately sprinted to them and we held back enemy forces. It was glorious. Such a wonderful experience.

I didn't expect to be blown away this much, to be honest. The first 40 minutes were absolutely incredible.

• Like 1

Hope everyone have a blast time playing the game from now onwards! Feel free to ask for help with stuffs. :)

• Like 1

Nice nice. At least I am downloading the Knack 2 demo. Should keep me occupied till my copy arrives. 

• Like 1

Managed to reach level 6.

It's so much fun. Spent 2 hours in the patrol area and I haven't even scratched the surface of what it has to offer. Can't wait to spent all of Wednesday to play this game :D

• Like 2

Just doing some housework this morning then I'm gonna start playing, wish the washing would hurry up and finish! :D

New avatar and sig to celebrate :p

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Eddage said:

Just doing some housework this morning then I'm gonna start playing, wish the washing would hurry up and finish! :D

They are frabjous! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Eddage said:

I like your sig :)

• Like 1

Just woke up (yeah, nothing to do today :p). Going to have lunch in a couple of minutes and then dive back into the world of Destiny 2.

Brilliant. :laughing:

I wasn't going to bother but I ended up buying the game on my lunch break. It was actually Polygon's pre-review that sold me on buying it.

"It's Destiny, without all the bullshit."

Sold. :D 

• Like 3

@Hero-of-Time From what I've played so far I can say that Plygon's quote is spot on.

It definitely is Destiny but it still feels different somehow. It feels good. Can't really explain why, though :D 

I think I've done 6 story missions so far. Now it's time to explore the EDZ some more. Spent 2 hours exploring the first area of it. And looking at the map it amounts to maybe 10% of the whole patrol zone...

Going to start a side mission now and after that I'll make my way to the next area.

Edited by drahkon

Didn't get my dispatch email from GAME until 1am this morning, but from chatting to someone else earlier today they had the same and the game arrived this morning for them.  So hope is not lost, but that's cutting it fine.

• Like 1

Just finished the Homecoming story. Waiting for you guys so we can proceed further into the game. 👍

Spoiler

DJCgSYoXoAA4QKR?format=jpg