NEurope
Choze

Destiny 2

Destiny's story and lore was excellent, just a shame most of it was hidden behind the grimoire and wasn't in the game. 

If you want a good timeline video, Byf has done a decent one.

• Like 2

Just watched a video of a patrol zone.

Ohhhh, this is gonna be a time sink. Not sure if I'll be able to wake up early on Wednesday to go to the gym. :laughing:

12 hours ago, The Bard said:

Are any KNEErs planning on playing this on the PC? I have literally one dude on my Battle.net friends list and that was from playing Starcraft 2, seven years ago. Need a posse to roll wiv.

Sorry, we're all console wankers here. I'm jealous of the PC players because of how pretty it is, it's just that we have an established Destiny community on PS4 (at some points we had 2 raid groups going per week). It's too bad there isn't cross save as it would be nice to be able to migrate to PC in the future without having to start from scratch.

Getting quite hyped for this now. If it takes the same amount of grind to level up a character as it did in Destiny 1, I'll be focussing on levelling my Titan from launch day to get it raid ready.

The max level is 20 but it should be quicker to reach the required light level thank to the change in decrypt system. It automatically looking for the highest LL gears/weapon in your inventory/vault so it will decrypt the legendary gears above with LL a tad above your current LL like we got in TTK/ROI.

For your alternative characters, it's smart enough to ensure that decrypt stuff won't be too high otherwise you can't equip them at all. 

Sorry, we're all console wankers here. I'm jealous of the PC players because of how pretty it is, it's just that we have an established Destiny community on PS4 (at some points we had 2 raid groups going per week). It's too bad there isn't cross save as it would be nice to be able to migrate to PC in the future without having to start from scratch.
Getting quite hyped for this now. If it takes the same amount of grind to level up a character as it did in Destiny 1, I'll be focussing on levelling my Titan from launch day to get it raid ready.
Yeah I figured. My thumbs aren't nimble enough to keep up on console tbh otherwise I'd probs pick it up.

4 hours ago, The Bard said:
9 hours ago, Zell said:

Yeah I figured. My thumbs aren't nimble enough to keep up on console tbh otherwise I'd probs pick it up.

To be fair, currently your hands aren't nimble enough to deal with controller users on PC. From what I've read the aim assist is hella broken on PC for controller users can KB/M users.

Though I am betting that will be fixed in short order...you know a month or two. How long did it take to "fix" heavy ammo? Imo it's still broken. 

Anywho, preloaded whatsit has appeared for me (along with an update already to 1.02....yikes) though I seriously doubt I'll invest any real time into the game until the 7th/8th. I get up around 5 waiting until midnight is out of the cards for me on weekdays. 

55 minutes ago, Nolan said:

To be fair, currently your hands aren't nimble enough to deal with controller users on PC. From what I've read the aim assist is hella broken on PC for controller users can KB/M users.

Though I am betting that will be fixed in short order...you know a month or two. How long did it take to "fix" heavy ammo? Imo it's still broken. 

Yeah the thing that stuck out like serious bullshit was

1. the ttk

2. That I kept getting done in by some dude with a revolver even though I saw him first and was pumping full metal jackets into center mass for a half a minute before he turns around like the fucking titanic and blasts me in the dome.

It was of marginal interest checking out what the hype was about since I didn't play the first game, but I'm going to pass on this.

Edited by The Bard

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Destiny 2 eGuide for $5.00

Use the code "SAVE25" to get it down $3.75.

No idea if it's worth it...haven't bought an eGuide, yet. Not sure if I will.

Not worth it. Someone got a copy earlier and it missed alot of information. Also some guy will came with a better guide on reddit and constantly update it with new contents for free. 

• Like 1

On 02/09/2017 at 5:26 PM, DriftKaiser said:

Feel free to check the http://www.ishtar-collective.net for the D1 lores from the dead ghosts and other stuffs you haven't found in the game.

Just watched that timeline video and now I'm interested in everything...FUCK :D

Think I'll work my way through the timeline of the Ishtar Collective and read all the Grimoire Cards. Highly doubt I'll be able to finish all of it in the next two days, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Think I'll work my way through the timeline of the Ishtar Collective and read all the Grimoire Cards. Highly doubt I'll be able to finish all of it in the next two days, though.

You should check out The Books Of Sorrow, some of the best lore in Destiny.

Edited by Map
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I saw the video last night as well and it got me wondering about what happened to the darkness after the collapse of the Golden Age. 

Dunno how many people but they cancelled their preorder because folk at neogaf read that guide and it gave wrong information about we have to solo the entire story campaign. 🙄 Homecoming is only mission you have to solo for the story purpose then you can kick some aliens' butts with your friends after that. 😂 

Speaking of playing with friends.

Anybody here who'll play this at midnight on Tuesday?

6 minutes ago, DriftKaiser said:

Physical release for me so I probably will play it in the afternoon. 😢

No chance for an early delivery tomorrow?

Amazon said they will dispatch it tomorrow. However I got my copy of GOTG vol 2 a day earlier yesterday so there might be a chance. 

Edited by DriftKaiser

My copy will probably arrive Wednesday (got it from LAME), but won't be playing until Thursday evening as i normally work lates on a Wednesday.

Edited by Jimbob

Ive got mine coming from Amazon as well so I'll get my copy sometime around midday Wednesday I expect.

Mine was despatched today, might turn up tomorrow if I'm lucky. Anyone know if it has a day one patch and if it does, how big?

Just now, Map said:

Mine was despatched today, might turn up tomorrow if I'm lucky. Anyone know if it has a day one patch and if it does, how big?

Downloaded version 1.02 yesterday. If I remember correctly it was about 6GB.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Downloaded version 1.02 yesterday. If I remember correctly it was about 6GB.

Cheers, hoping it does turn up tomorrow now so I can hopefully download the patch before launch day.

• Like 2

Yeah mine was dispatched from Amazon today via Royal Mail as well. That usually ends up getting to me next day but as it's the Limited Edition it's not going to fit through the letterbox and I'm at work so I may just get it Wednesday anyway if they have to retry.

• Like 1