NEurope
Choze

Destiny 2

22 hours ago, Nolan said:

Pretty sure I remember reading that they were planning on shipping with no OSD support, and an I'm game FPS counter. 

Incredible... People have found optimisation issues of course. Thats ok if they fix them. As it is this pc version gets a hard pass due to the straight up lies promo wise. Also the utilisation(or lack of) is eveident in the OSD pics i posted. It runs well though. But standards ought to be better.

Also the controller vs mouse balance is messed up. Controllers destroying mouse and keyboard right now. 

Edited by Choze

Ah fuck...I'm in the mood for some Destiny.

I told myself: Buy this when the complete edition is out in a year but I'm craving some solid shooting and looting :D

Managed to get almost 120 hours of solo enjoyment from the last. This time I'm looking to join you guys from time to time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

Managed to get almost 120 hours of solo enjoyment from the last. This time I'm looking to join you guys from time to time.

I'm forward to kick some alien butts with ya! At least, you will able to do raid with any clans who don't have enough players thank to the Guided Game system anytime. :)

• Like 1

I need to check my money situation next week. Really want to get this, but not sure if I can afford it in September.

Dunno if the Amazon code offer are ending soon but you can get 5 quids (£7 if you are a prime member) off  VG5OFF35. Tesco are doing the same thing. I used VG10OFF75 on my Limited Edition copy to get it for £77 which is alot better than £89 tbh. 

Doesn't help me in Germany, though :p Think I'll just order the standard edition for 58€. Never used that place. Hope they deliver on release day.

Edited by drahkon

Its out quite soon. 

You might get a deal for the season pass later when new content starts to arrive?

Apparently the pc version of the game is 'actively blocking' all multi threading on AMD cpu. But it recognises extra cores and threads on 'any' intel CPU in comparison. Absolutely  scummy if this really is intentional. I wonder where the journalists and youtubers are? :indeed: 

This is the first time I have come across a deliberate gimping of a brand of CPU for a game. 

Bear in mind the Ryzen is strong is strong at single thread so it saves it somewhat(60 fps is fine). Other AMD cpu do worse.  

py7_XsOKMCs0MDOzf1ywHdrykOuJnki3dLZAAd5R

This absolutely does not reflect typical cpu game benchmarks which are much closer fps wise. 100 fps difference was obviously the give-away. The author did mention that results were very difficult to pin down due to lack of any consistency on Ryzen. Hopefully its just a beta problem. But I will keep an eye on this for the PC release.

edit: Definitely needs more testing etc. based on new info as well as final release. Hopefully not an issue.

Edited by Choze
clarification.

Bought a 50€ prepaid card for 42€. Still had 13€ available on my PSN account. So I went digital. Seems like a good fit with a game that I'm likely to start almost every day :D

Soooo...is there some midnight launch action planned? :p

Edited by drahkon

Bungie have announced a few dates for things in the game.

Important Dates:

Nightfall: Ready when you are

Raid: 10 AM PT, September 13

Trials: 10 AM PT, September 15

Nightfall Guided Games Beta: September 12th, 10AM
30-50% of players will be given seeker access

Nightfall and Raid Guided Games: September 26th, 10AM
Target = 100%

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

Sooo, there is an NE-Clan I assume?
How can I join? May I join? I want to join!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Sooo, there is an NE-Clan I assume?
How can I join? May I join? I want to join!

I believe you are already a member of the N-E Destiny Clan.  To complete, i believe you just need link your Companion profile to the clan.

• Like 2

I'll be playing Destiny 2 from the beginning this time so should be able to join you guys. Is there a link to the clan so I can join it?

EDIT: I think I found it. I was searching for "N-Europe" and not "N Europe".

Edited by Happenstance
  • Like 1

Pre-load is available on PS4.

I have to say, I'm very excited now that I bought the game :D

• Like 1

You will able to play D2 at the midnight time in your local time. ;) This mean anyone who ordered digital game will play it first XD

20 minutes ago, DriftKaiser said:

You will able to play D2 at the midnight time in your local time. ;)

Trust me, I will :D

Dunno if it's true or false but those Bright engrams (white one) are like an Overwatch lootbox and you can get it by leveling up and/or filling the XP bar and it will drop random stuffs like emotes, cosmetics, mods, gears and weapons which is much better than get 5 motes of light tbh. 

Spoiler

Just found out my fave voidwalker exotic helmet aka Obsidian Mind are gone but Skull of Dire Ahamkara gained the OM perk alongside with its original "increase damage resistance during novabombing". If it's shaderable then I'll never take it off! 

Edited by DriftKaiser

I have a physical pre order with all the physical goodies from Game. I got a packing notification today. 

Will come with the Cayde Bobble head thingy.

Lets see. Hope I dont regret it lol.

Edited by Choze

Are any KNEErs planning on playing this on the PC? I have literally one dude on my Battle.net friends list and that was from playing Starcraft 2, seven years ago. Need a posse to roll wiv.

Started to catch up on Destiny's story and lore because I didn't care for it when I played the game. Getting more and more hyped.

• Like 2

I don't think I'll invest this much...just going to watch a video explaining the timeline and lore and read a summary.

• Like 1