NEurope
Choze

Destiny 2

Has it? I thought it was announced they were working on Destiny 2 ages ago? :p

It needs to change a lot from the first to get me back on board. It became to repetitive and a bit of a piss-take I felt (new weapons making your previous exotics obsolete unless you upgraded them, but doing so would lose the unlocks on the weapon).

The city looks like it under assault.

Those toy leaks are probably for Destiny 2 indeed.

Like Smith on twitter posted :

C78Vf7IVYAEcH2v.jpg

Edited by Choze

Remember that only the guardian's you created in D1 are get carrying forward to the sequel.

Edited by DriftKaiser

I want to be optimistic. Destiny was probably the best gaming experience I've had in my life. For the first year I probably played it nearly every single day. Did so much with the N-E clan, there was so much in there to keep you playing. After a while patterns began to emerge of artificial difficulty/elongation, but even as far as the last raid it was pretty amazing. The first time we went into Vault of Glass....

That said, Destiny 2 needs to be so much bigger, and it needs really changing. The story needs to be infinitely better, not just the story itself but the way it's delivered. Nothing in D1 came close to Bungie's storytelling in the likes of Halo 3 etc., nor did their setpieces. I remember a mission available during the beta, The Last Array, that felt epic, music came in at the right moment and you had to fight a wave of (then) difficult enemies. It was great, a struggle, and an awesome visual. But... outside of raids there wasn't much more that captured that feel.

They also need to iron out everything crap about D1, like the vault system.

It became to repetitive and a bit of a piss-take I felt (new weapons making your previous exotics obsolete unless you upgraded them, but doing so would lose the unlocks on the weapon).

That was abandoned a long time ago anyway.

• Like 1

Fixed it for you. :wink:

Quite a funny teaser. I have no idea who that guy is but he certainly had a lot of charm and character to him, something which was missing from the original game, at least what I played, anyway.

Despite dropping off the original game after only 100+ hours, i'll probably still pick the sequel up. I did have fun with the hours I spent on it, it's just that the game just needed a lot more content. Hopefully this issue will be addressed with the sequel.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Quite a funny teaser. I have no idea who that guy is but he certainly had a lot of charm and character to him, something which was missing from the original game, at least what I played, anyway.

That's Cayde-6, voiced by Nathan Fillion, and he's been in the game since day one.

That's Cayde-6, voiced by Nathan Fillion, and he's been in the game since day one.

Shows how much the story grabbed in the original game. I think me and lostmario ended up just making up our own narrative. :D

I still think the actual story is a joke. Though the ride is fun. Taken King was enjoyable but never really made any sense. The lore writing is also silly.

Shows how much the story grabbed in the original game. I think me and lostmario ended up just making up our own narrative. :D

Well I sure can't argue with that. The story doesn't have enough weight to really grab you. Although if you ran a Hunter you might at least remember him as your vanguard contact. Even in vanilla he had the best lines, but they actually made really good use of him in later DLC where he was the driving force for your missions (especially the Taken King)

Did you ever do a raid? Vault of Glass in party chat is where the game came to life for most of us.

Did you ever do a raid? Vault of Glass in party chat is where the game came to life for most of us.

Yeah, I done a raid with some randoms and joined you guys for a couple of nights when you were a man down.

Personally I never played the first game (looking at reviews and non-hardcore fans it seems like I may have dodged something of a DLC bullet), but I loved the teaser and - if the biggest problem with the first game was indeed the story, or rather the lack thereof, and this is game can put out an interesting narrative - I'm certainly interested in Destiny 2.

Roll on 6pm tomorrow! :D

I have such a bromance with Nathan Fillion, so i'm so happy Cayde is back

I don't think bromance is the right word assuming he knows nothing of your existence.

Personally I never played the first game (looking at reviews and non-hardcore fans it seems like I may have dodged something of a DLC bullet), but I loved the teaser and - if the biggest problem with the first game was indeed the story, or rather the lack thereof, and this is game can put out an interesting narrative - I'm certainly interested in Destiny 2.

Roll on 6pm tomorrow! :D

It's a great game but story is a secondary element. Highly recommended game for the persistent online universe and great FPS shooting.

Details about the game from Gaf/Reddit.

From the creators of Destiny, a highly acclaimed game, the extremely anticipated sequel is coming up. A first person action shooter that places you in an epic adventure through the Solar System.

The last city on Earth has fallen before an overwhelming invasive force under Ghaul, the towering commander of the Red Legion. Guardians are running out of power, and the few survivors have left. You will venture in mysterious, uncharted worlds from the Solar System to discover devastating weapons and combat abilities. In order to defeat the Red Legion and face Ghaul, you will need to gather the surviving heroes from the City and fight back together to claim back home.

So the picture of Cayde-6 translates as "preorder and get early access to the beta" (I assume it will go public as in Destiny 1 at some point) and the Cayde-6 is as we know a preorder bonus too. Yes the game will be available on PC.

Collectors Edition

Destiny 2 game

Expansions I and II including quests, coop activities, multiplayer content and tons of armor and gear (idk the pricing but seems it's basically the same as Destiny 1)

Legendary sword DLC

Legendary emote DLC

Cabal empire emblem DLC

"Frontier" physical bag you can carry around with a 15" tablet pocket

"Frontier" kit including USBcharger with solar panel

A paracord

A solar rug

Limited edition steelbook

Collector's edition cabal themed premium box, including a notebook, a map, and collectibles such as postcards and "pawns from the Empire" (idk what this actually means)

Limited Edition

Destiny 2 base game

Expansions I and II

The previously explained DLC

The steelbook

The premium box and all the stuff inside

Boxart.

3hTSV6E.jpg

Well that was unnecessary. ::shrug:

Wake me up when there's information about gameplay :p

Do i get this digitally? The £10 voucher will work with this? If the pre order goes up tonight...

Then again a physical pack is nice but i know i am gonna play this so much.

edit: Must have taken 100's of hours to reach that reason for why we restart from scratch :P