NEurope
bob

How much do you spend on games?

Simple question, how much do you spend, on average each month?

I've been very conscious recently about only buying new games once I've finished the old ones - trying to keep my backlog low.

As such I only tend to buy a new game every couple of months, and usually it's a game that had dropped in price. I reckon I spend about £15 a month. I'd happily spend more, but the guilt starts to set in when the games lay unplayed...

How about everyone else? Are you happy with the amount? Would you spend more if you could afford it? Want to cut down?

Probably about half my income... :blank:

...in a quiet month. :heh:

As for this month though?

Wallet be damned!::shrug:

I do want to cut back though, plus I have sold certain games from my collection to fund some of my expenditure.

But now I've been thinking that aside from those games which I really feel the need to purchase on release date, I'm just going to wait and save money. : peace:

It's tough though... :(

Quite a few titles this month though I'll justify because of reviewing them but I know that in a few months I'll look at certain titles on my PS4 shelf and think to myself "I still haven't played that..." but I know that I will one day.

Or that's how I justify it anyway, that and the fact that it's my main interest, I don't have any other real vices so, why not? : peace:

I maybe buy one game a month, if that. I just don't have the time or money to game like I used to.

I've been relatively quiet on the purchasing front when it comes to games for a while now (had other priorities, but I must still be averaging some £15/£20 per month (lately it's been deals on the eShop and PlayStation store).

It'll probably sky rocket towards the end of the year when I plan on picking up the Switch and a few games a month to catch up, and until then (and after) I'm going to try to get the most out of my PS4 by purchasing some extremely well received titles.

This is a tricky question to answer. I tend to be someone who waits for deals and I act somewhat on impulse.

I'd say it's maybe between £20-£50, depending on the month.

I do like getting deals on PSN and that can help keep some of the costs down. It does mean that it's harder to keep track on how much that I actually spend, however.

I spend relatively little these days tbh. I've just bought some old WiiU games but that's more for padding the collection so I won't count them. Last few big purchases I can think of outside of that - Overwatch, BotW and...PS+. Maybe I'll get a downloadble or two in the sales here and there. My monthly on games is definitely less than Flink's, but I'm quite similar in my approach in that I'd wait for deals or buy impulsively. When/where I can I probably still lend/borrow games(or at least planning to for my ps4). I want lots of stuff but I've come to realise I never get round to playing it all - and sometimes end up just sticking with firm favourites like Overwatch instead.

I think I'd be much more on the gaming game if I had a Switch or other portable device. I just don't feel inclined for sitting in front of a console sometimes - whilst not the case I feel like I'm committing for hours and that bugs me these days(even if I'm not) yet I can jump onto Overwatch 'for just a quick game' at 8pm and sometimes still find myself there at 3am too.

Edited by Rummy

It definitely varies from month to month but I probably spend at least £50 on games and consoles every month. This month is unusually high because of the launch of the Switch but I'm usually like Flink and Rummy and wait for sales or offers before buying a lot of the higher profile titles. The only games I usually buy on launch day are games like Zelda or Mario but generally I don't mind waiting a while before playing a game.

I'd say I only really buy a few games a year; when Christmas or a birthday rolls around I can ask for games but then these are the ones that tend to sit on my shelf for a while before I ever get around to them.

When I do get free time I often play online games like Overwatch, meaning I don't have as much time for other games. Online games tend to be great value for money this way (I recently learned I'd clocked 1003 hours in Destiny, for instance).

It does vary. I only really buy games straight off if i want to play them right away (aka Horizon). Sometimes, i'll wait on a sale before picking up. I don't normally get games for Christmas or Birthdays, however i do get PSN credit so that usually goes on the sales. I'd say on average, about £50-£100, maybe more sometimes depends what's about. And what i do buy goes on the credit card, which i clear each month.

I mean next month should be relatively quiet anyway, bar Yooka Laylee and Little Nightmares (both paid for)

I try to spend very little, and that means that I have only just started playing LA Noire. Seriously thought, the only times I actually spend good money on games is during Christmas and some before school sales when you can get the AAA games of that year for under $20. Other than that I stick to the discount bin and used games online.

For me i really depends what comes out. Recently it's been a fair bit with PS4 Pro, PSVR & Switch + games all coming out in fairly quick succession. But before that I was probably just buying 3 or 4 Gamecube games a month dependent on what I happened to find when out and about. Now that the Switch has got me back into the flow of gaming a little I'll probably buy most of the decent games that become available, which I guess will work out to 1 or 2 per month so maybe around 60/70 or so?