NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Radiant Historia Remake Announced (3DS)

From the latest issue of Famitsu.

C7bVEi5VAAAo_eP.jpg:large

The game is a full remake and will have a new scenario and voice work. Arrives in June over in Japan.

I do wonder whether this will even get a western release. I know the original did but i'm not confident this will. Here's hoping.

Radiant Historia is a good game and all, but I can't help feel that this remake is coming far too late on 3DS.

Should really have been for Switch at this point.

Neat. Never played the original but watched my friend play it occasionally. All I remember is kicking people and starting fights. Wait.....nope. That was Radiata Stories.

I did read an LP on Radiant Historia, and I'm really puzzled why a system that is backwards complatible is getting a remake of the game. I'm not seeing the point.

Will say that the logo does also imply a potential sequel in the works...

Hope it does come out over here. As said before, the original is a great game and I'll gladly snap up a remake!

Great news, it was a really good game.

Although, when read the title I thought it said Radiant Historia, so I'm a little bit disappointed :p

Great news, it was a really good game.

Although, when read the title I thought it said Radiant Historia, so I'm a little bit disappointed :p

It does say that, but I'm guessing you meant Radiata Stories?

C7jkH_DVAAA016n.jpg

I'm really not digging some of the redesigns...

It's not bad, but compared to the original art, it looks a bit... generic.

Still, it is Radiant Historia. Secretly, one of the best DS RPG's.

European release announced for 2018.

Do you have a source? Last time I checked this was only announced for North America but it may have gone by me. The video is called "Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (3DS) - Teaser Trailer (North America)" so doesn't apply to Europe.

Do you have a source? Last time I checked this was only announced for North America but it may have gone by me. The video is called "Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (3DS) - Teaser Trailer (North America)" so doesn't apply to Europe.

Check the description of the video.

Check the description of the video.

Sneaky reveal! Can it be trusted? Atlus hasn't confirmed it, I think.

[Tweet]872838149877235714[/Tweet]

Physical and digital release confirmed for Europe.

The demo is out now. I like the clearer resolution and the new voice acting seems serviceable so far. But...

...yeah... I'm buying the old art DLC and I hate myself for falling for that.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ike said:

The new art looks fine to me?

It looks fine, but compared to the old one, it just feels a bit generic.

The DS original had this nice rustic charm to it that helped it stand out from other JRPG's.

Either way, I highly recommend it. It's got a great plot, some good characters and an interesting "Choose your own adventure book" style mechanic.

• Thanks 1

There's a 3DS theme based on this game out now. The music is the title screen music, which is a great choice.

The strangest thing is that it's absolutely free. So, you know... Jump on that.

I was toying with picking this up over the weekend as I never did get around to importing the original. The game must have had a stupidly low first run because I couldn't get it anyway. Simply Games, Amazon, Shopto and GAME had all sold out. I even tried Grainger Games and while they did have a copy of the game, the thing was unsealed which makes it a no buy from me. There seem to be a few on eBay for £40 so I may just bite the bullet and pay that or I could do the sensible thing and just play one of the many other JRPGs I have sitting on my 3DS backlog shelf. :D 

12 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I was toying with picking this up over the weekend as I never did get around to importing the original. The game must have had a stupidly low first run because I couldn't get it anyway. Simply Games, Amazon, Shopto and GAME had all sold out. I even tried Grainger Games and while they did have a copy of the game, the thing was unsealed which makes it a no buy from me. There seem to be a few on eBay for £40 so I may just bite the bullet and pay that or I could do the sensible thing and just play one of the many other JRPGs I have sitting on my 3DS backlog shelf. :D 

UK Amazon lists US import for 35?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Atlus-RH-30026-6-Radiant-Historia-Chronology/dp/B071JQRWJ7/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1519083495&sr=1-2&keywords=radiant+historia

It's available at Amazon Germany: 

https://www.amazon.de/Radiant-Historia-Perfect-Chronology-Nintendo/dp/B076QF6VNS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519112563&sr=8-1&keywords=radiant+historia+perfect+chronology

Don't know if that's good enough but it's the only place I've found it - not that I'm buying it, but in Denmark, it's not available anywhere so I checked availability yesterday.

Edited by MindFreak

5 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

It's available at Amazon Germany: 

https://www.amazon.de/Radiant-Historia-Perfect-Chronology-Nintendo/dp/B076QF6VNS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519112563&sr=8-1&keywords=radiant+historia+perfect+chronology

Don't know if that's good enough but it's the only place I've found it - not that I'm buying it, but in Denmark, it's not available anywhere so I checked availability yesterday.

Cheers, but i'm not that desperate that I want to import it from Europe. It's just a typical Atlus release where there is sod all in terms of stock on release day but more will arrive in a month or two. As I mentioned earlier, I have other 3DS games I could be getting on with anyway. I just felt the itch to snap it up over the weekend, that's all.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Cheers, but i'm not that desperate that I want to import it from Europe. It's just a typical Atlus release where there is sod all in terms of stock on release day but more will arrive in a month or two. As I mentioned earlier, I have other 3DS games I could be getting on with anyway. I just felt the itch to snap it up over the weekend, that's all.

I'm currently keeping a look out in the meantime anyway, if I spot a sealed copy going for £35 or less, do you want me to secure you one?