NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Disney Afternoon Collection (PS4/PC/XB1)

The games just keep on coming!

SAN FRANCISCO — March 15, 2017 — Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced The Disney Afternoon Collection, a compilation of six games that feature beloved Disney TV characters from the 80s and 90s in fun-filled adventures. The beautifully restored classic games feature crisp 1080p HD support and include all-new modes that can be enjoyed by first-time players and long-time fans. The Disney Afternoon Collection will be available as a digital download across North America and Europe for $19.99 / £15.99 / €19.99 starting on April 18, 2017 on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC.

Players will be able to relive their childhood afternoons with Disney and explore these pieces of gaming history with classics including:

Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers – This classic lets players team up with a friend in co-op play as they assume the roles of the mischievous Chip and Dale as they take on memorable villain Fat Cat and attempt to solve the mystery of a missing kitten.

Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 – Fat Cat has escaped and his plans are even more dastardly this time. The titular heroes and supporting cast Monterey Jack, Gadget, and Zipper must stop Fat Cat from his evil dream of world domination!

Darkwing Duck – Play as the original caped crusader and fight a city full of criminals from the infamous F.O.W.L. organization in this action-packed platforming epic.

DuckTales – In this iconic platforming adventure, players help Scrooge McDuck fill his feathery pockets with vast riches from across the world.

DuckTales 2 – The sequel to the original game comes jam-packed with more action and an even bigger caper set in new locations like the Bermuda Triangle and Niagara Falls!

TaleSpin – Take to the skies as Baloo the bear navigates his plane through exotic and dangerous locations in this side-scrolling shoot-em-up.

All six games are new and improved HD versions of the originals and feature a number of filtering options that replicate a classic retro look and feel. This collection also offers new ways to play with Boss Rush and Time Attack modes for each game. In Boss Rush mode, players battle through challenging boss encounters consecutively, while Time Attack mode encourages time-based gameplay and provides online leaderboards that track the fastest times for each game. A new “Rewind” feature makes these challenging titles more accessible for newcomers, with the option to rewind time and enjoy a swift recovery from blunders. Additionally, the in-game Disney Museum will provide history buffs with a wealth of content to celebrate the era of the original releases, such as concept art, advertisements, character art, and music – all preserved in their original glory.

Amazing! I would happily pay top dollar just for Rescue Rangers, never mind the rest of this collection. Day 1!

Yeah saw this earlier. Amazing. But no mention of Switch. SURELY it has to be coming?!

Yeah very suprising its not announced for Switch considering these are all NES games. Maybe it'll come at a later date.Anyhow, I'll buy this on Steam. Duck Tales is my favourite NES game and by chance I've been recently trying to buy these old Disney Capcom games. Duck Tales 2 and Chip n Dale 2 are pretty expensive these days.

Come on Disney, "World of Illusion feat. Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck" please?

Not Capcom..

I like the idea of this collection, but I'd prefer to get the actual NES games. I'd especially love to play Darkwing Duck again, that was awesome. I have Ducktales 2, but it's not as fun as Ducktales 1.

What do you mean by shoddy list? Too short, too long?

How is there not a trophy for reassembling the treasure map in DuckTales 2?

Edit: Well, it's either that, or you only get a trophy if you beat the secret level.

Edited by Magnus

It's surprising when there's no platinum trophy. You'd think it would just be an automatic one for when you get all the others.

It's surprising when there's no platinum trophy. You'd think it would just be an automatic one for when you get all the others.

It's due to Sony's very weird platinum trophy policy. It used to be believed that if it was a small digital title, with no retail release, then you wouldn't qualify for one. But then you got things like Metal Gear Ground Zeroes show up without a platinum and things just didn't make any sense.

Apparently there isn't a set handbook or anything for trophies and you can get one on your game if you push for it but most just accept what Sony say. Snake Pass wasn't going to have one but Greg Miller helped Sumo Digital contact Sony and get it worked out. Same goes for Drawn to Death.

That is weird. Considering it's a completely pointless system anyway (sorry), why should it matter if a short indie game has one or not.

That is weird. Considering it's a completely pointless system anyway (sorry), why should it matter if a short indie game has one or not.

Haha. Don't be. It is pointless but I enjoys it. :D

Yeah, it is a bit strange. Microsoft used to do the same, where an indie game would dish out 200 achievement points but a retail title dish out 1000. I think that's been scrapped now and both give out 1000.

I've just finished playing Chip 'N Dale. It was such a nostalgia trip. It's crazy how much came flooding back when I was playing it. I done the time attack straight after and it only took just over 20 mins. I remember it being a much longer game when I was a kid.

Sign in to follow this