NEurope
The Peeps

Should I get a switch right now?

If you let me know your trade in prices I might be interested in beating them for Bayonetta, XCX, Tokyo Mirage Sessions and TPHD? I'm not 100% sure yet but I'm fancying trying to fill in bits of the Wii U's library that I've missed; maybe just for a collection's sake.

Ok then I'm getting these trade in prices:

Bayonetta 1&2 - £14

Xenoblade - £13

Tokyo Mirage Sessions - £25

Twilight Princess HD - £16

Long story short, I love the Switch way more than I thought I would and I play it way more than I thought I would, thanks to the portability (being able to play in bed is amazing).

It's made me reconsider my Yooka Laylee PS4 pre-order...

Long story short, I love the Switch way more than I thought I would and I play it way more than I thought I would, thanks to the portability (being able to play in bed is amazing).

I'm the same as you with this, Rez. I don't really consider myself much of a Nintendo fan anymore, didn't like the Wii at all and didn't dislike the Wii U, but was underwhelmed by it. Nor was I hyped for the Switch, but I honestly love it. Nintendo has been genuinely considerate about how different types of people will want to play it in different ways. For me it's a true handheld with Flight Mode; for others it's a true console with a proper pad. The thought of playing more games on it is a pleasure.

Decided to phone up a few places to see if there was a Switch available and lo and behold, the firstborn place I phoned had one.

Played Zelda just over 2 hours and loving it. Snipperclips downloading at the moment. Any other recommendations? Refuse to shell out £40 on 1-2 Switch. Feels like a complete rip off.

Decided to phone up a few places to see if there was a Switch available and lo and behold, the firstborn place I phoned had one.

Played Zelda just over 2 hours and loving it. Snipperclips downloading at the moment. Any other recommendations? Refuse to shell out £40 on 1-2 Switch. Feels like a complete rip off.

If you didn't play FAST on wii u I'd get that and same with Shovel Knight

If you didn't play FAST on wii u I'd get that and same with Shovel Knight

I don't have a Wii U so not played either. What are they?

I don't have a Wii U so not played either. What are they?

Fast is a futuristic racer, as close to f Zero as we've had in years. Shovel knight is an incredible retro styled platform adventure game, that in particular is pretty special.

I second the call for Shovel Knight. If you like 2D platformers, this is a must have.

Shovel Knight is as close to a perfect game as I'll likely ever see. At least in terms of what it's trying to be and achieve. A truly special game, if you like that sort of gameplay.

Where did you find one? I'm about ready to put down the cash after getting a big tax rebate the other day, can't find it in stock anywhere though..

Where did you find one? I'm about ready to put down the cash after getting a big tax rebate the other day, can't find it in stock anywhere though..

HMV. They only had 2 in stock at the time.

Amazon getting more stock on the 31st.

Personally I think it's a bit too soon to be getting a Switch. There are some good games out for sure but with hardware problems and the fact that a good chunk of these are going to be short indie games, Zelda aside, it's not really worth getting just yet, and even then you can get Breath of the Wild on Wii U.

I would say wait until the Switch starts coming out with the previous hardware problems fixed before cashing in. Especially when Super Mario Odyssey comes out, that and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are going to be key single player games going forward although I will be surprised if Xenoblade 2 does actually come out this year, 2018 seems more likely to me.