NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Drift

Resident Evil 5 may be Rev bound!

A quote from an interview from IGN makes it seem we may be getting resi5 on the rev.

"IGN: Well, we all hope to be swinging that chainsaw some time down the road come Resident Evil Revolution or whenever... we look forward to it.

Chen: Well Resident Evil 5 (Editor's Note: PS3 and Xbox 360 exclusive thus far): We are looking forward to it, but we're going to be looking at a unique device for that one. More specific to Resident Evil 5… so we'll see. "

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/682/682470p1.html

Not really a confirmation or anything, but it kind of leads me to believe something is happening :)

I take it you completely missed the interview with the Producer of RE saying that there are no plans to port RE5 at present, then? He did say there might well be a RE game on the Revolution and that it would likely be unique to it, thanks to the controller, but it will most likely not see RE5 at all.

well they said RE4 was GC exclusive, so hopefully they might do the same with RE5, not that i'm holding my breath though, doesn't seem to work the other way around.

I'm sorry, but at this point a third party controller manufacturer will know no more about the game than we do. Resident Evil 5...I don't see it coming to Revolution, I'll be amazed if it does. From all evidence, the gap between Revolution and 360/PS3 is going to be a good deal bigger (if not MUCH bigger) than the one between PS2 and Gamecube. There's no doubt in my mind it'd take a ton of restructuring to get the game running on Revolution, it'd probably take at least as much time and effort as it did for developers to get a version of RE4 running on PS2, though likely more.

I'm sorry, but at this point a third party controller manufacturer will know no more about the game than we do. Resident Evil 5...I don't see it coming to Revolution, I'll be amazed if it does. From all evidence, the gap between Revolution and 360/PS3 is going to be a good deal bigger (if not MUCH bigger) than the one between PS2 and Gamecube. There's no doubt in my mind it'd take a ton of restructuring to get the game running on Revolution, it'd probably take at least as much time and effort as it did for developers to get a version of RE4 running on PS2, though likely more.

Agreed. It ain't happening folks.

the gap between Revolution and 360/PS3 is going to be a good deal bigger (if not MUCH bigger) than the one between PS2 and Gamecube. There's no doubt in my mind it'd take a ton of restructuring to get the game running on Revolution

er...the Revolution is going to look the same as the xbox360 in non-HD (sorry dont know what its called), and as the game will have to be that standard anyway, there is no reason they cant port it-dont say "what about the controller??" There is the unseen shell that nintendo really needs to show.

er...the Revolution is going to look the same as the xbox360 in non-HD (sorry dont know what its called), and as the game will have to be that standard anyway, there is no reason they cant port it-dont say "what about the controller??" There is the unseen shell that nintendo really needs to show.

As the rev will be less powerful, it'll probably look worse then the 360 in non-HD, the 360's power aint all going toward the HD capabilities.

However, I agree, the controller shouldn't be an issue, but the company I quoted would have to know something before discussing this, they have obviously been thinking about some RE game on rev.

/me finds it highly unlikely capcom will be willing to scale the engine fomr HD down to SD, however good it looks. it will be a lot of work probably.. and to be frank give the series a better image if they are fully HD studio.

Nintendo wont sever their connections with Nintendo but I really don't see RE.5 coming to revolution.. perhaps a spin off, smaller title.. use of the nunchucks and controller as a gun/torch. It's a shame but it's a sacrifice that had to be made.

As the rev will be less powerful, it'll probably look worse then the 360 in non-HD, the 360's power aint all going toward the HD capabilities.

While this is all speculation, allow me to disagree, in order to have 720p XBOX360 needs at least 4 times the power it needed for SD (non-hd). If you looks at 360 games in a SD Tv there's little difference from this gen games aside from the obvious evolutions in models and scenarios.

er...the Revolution is going to look the same as the xbox360 in non-HD (sorry dont know what its called)

Yes, like Drift said, please forget the idea that the graphics will look the same. Even without HD the graphics of the Revolution won't be able to compete with the 360, especially if we're talking second generation games (first gen 360 games are most likely doable) and it won't have the boost HD gives. What Iwata said probably only counts for the 360 games we'll see in the next few months. The videos of 2nd gen 360 games and pretty much every PS3 game are far beyond everything near the IGN specs (and we can say the Rev won't be MUCH faster than those).

Not that the graphics will be bad - if it can do games as good looking as Kameo (which it can) that's good enough for me, we still have the controller after all. It's just a shame that it'll miss the power to handle games from the 360 and PS3.

It could easily be done. Think of the teaser video for the controller with the 2 people using the controller and nunchuks as a torch, stick that in RE and bam, easy. It could be done in 3rd person easy.

RE:RE sounds good to me.

All this speculation is bullshit, until you have sampled both slices of cake nobody is right to comment except nintendo engineers.

They say it will make us go "Wow"on a budget, and on a stadard TV or computer monitor, instead of comparing pen0r length.

Be happy about that

It's still early days yet, but i still believe that it would make a lot more sense for capcom to just make a revolution exclusive resident evil which utilises the features the console/controller have to offer, which is looking ever so likely. Just as long as it doesn't turn out like gun survivor. :D

Maybe Capcom kept watching the bit in the Revo demo video with the guy using the nunchuck config and using the controller as a gun (think he dives onto a chair during the scene).

Well executives from capcom and other fellow Nintendo developpers were probably at brainstorming sessions.. Obviously they need to be kept in the loop so they can develop inventive games.

Before signing the internation secrets act of course :F

Yes, like Drift said, please forget the idea that the graphics will look the same.

ffs, how many times do I have to say this: the Revolution's graphics will look exactly the same as the xbox360 in SD - SD graphics are pretty much at there maximum with the xbox360's graphics, which the Revolution will equalise.

That's bullshit, because if you think about it.. there's many hypothetical situations that the xbox 360 can render in real time that the revolution wont be able to.

Now to the untrained eye 'aesthetically' they will be the same.. but the revolution has so much processing power for AI.. you know how many cars they have planned for Gran turismo? all with individual pit crews, weather effects.. crowds, things the PS2 could not render.. while visually GT4 and GT:vision may look very similar on average joe TV.. they are not on par.

You're all thinking on a 1 dimensional level.. and I seriously doubt any of you have hardware/software engineering experience.

From what I understand the PS3 is so overkill that it can output information at a frame rate 3x faster than that the eye can theoretically see.. because of limitations of the biology of retinal cells.

edit. reading back I don't want to seem arrogant, but we're all missing the point here, have some faith that the system will work well and handle AI and things properly.

We really won't know until we see some specs and even then things won't be clear. I highly doubt that in first gen games the rev won't catch up. Not really. Seriously play 360 on a SDTV and you'll know what I'm talking about.

As for the Resi5 thing, it's likely that the Revo will get it's own slew of exclusive games from a dev house as prestigous and friendly with the Big N as Capcom, some of them possibly Resi based, so why do we need Resi 5? I'd personally love to see a Resi game starring Hunk - maybe something like Resi 4, but with even more shooty and stabby action to go with the new controller. I like Hunk - just an ordinary special forces soldier, caught up in some thing he can never understand, trying to put food on the table for his family...

We´ve also heard that developers said the PS3 is not good.

About AI i´m not so concerned. Perhaps a bit about physics... but the reason that RE 5 isn´t coming fro rev is: think abou re4. Expert mode is really hard. But if i had played it with a mouse to aim then this would have been just a joke. You know there are sizuations that are hard to handle with a normal controller but with revmote no problem. So you need another game-structure to make the game difficult and immersive again.

ffs, how many times do I have to say this: the Revolution's graphics will look exactly the same as the xbox360 in SD - SD graphics are pretty much at there maximum with the xbox360's graphics, which the Revolution will equalise.

So how come Toy Story and Shrek look far better than any 360 game ever will on a 17" TV?

The 'maximum' is still decades away, even for SD screens, and the Revolution will not do the best graphics possible on a regular screen - they will look 'worse' than (2nd gen) 360 and PS3 games.

Don't be stupid lads, as we all know the Revolution specs haven't been finalised yet so please give it a rest until then OK?

i dont really like the look of PGR3 or Kameo, they might be great games, but graphicly IMO i think they look taccy with to many reflections and lighting effects just spoils them

Don't be stupid lads, as we all know the Revolution specs haven't been finalised yet so please give it a rest until then OK?

Seconded... ...

Just trying to point out that some people are expecting too much :woops:

But I'll shut op now :smile:

Sign in to follow this