NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Aneres11

Resident Evil Revelations (PS4 Xbox One) Autumn 2017

header.jpg?t=1485473346

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-13-resident-evil-revelations-comes-out-on-ps4-and-xbox-one-this-autumn

Confirmed today.

A re-re-release of Reisdent Evil Revelations for PS4 and Xbox One coming in autumn / fall.

Weird move. I loved this game as it felt like it was a step back to the creepy survival horror that had made RE so successful.

The ship in this is also very similar to the one you find yourself in in RE7 also, which was nice!

Gutted no Switch version announced, thought it would have been a great fit for the system seeing as the game started out as a handheld title.

No details yet on whether it's being remastered (again) or if it's just a straight port of the HD remake from a couple of years ago, but I'd be surprised if they didn't give it another polish.

Going by Wikipedia, there have been 25 Resident Evil games, including remakes, since 1996 when the series first began. For a franchise of this nature, that's unbelievable/crazy/a sad indictment of our times (delete as appropriate).

This one is particularly odd. It's a good game but very short. The completionist in me is happy that I can get this for PS4 where I have all the other remakes and newer RE games, but the gamer in me who wants more new games from them is all :blank:

Edited by Aneres11

Good, that's another gap to be filled on the PS4 shelf. ;)

So this is out on Tuesday. Anyone picking it up? 

Also, where would be the best site to order from to possibly get before Tuesday? ShopTo letting me down recently and would love a good BH weekend session on this! 

37 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

So this is out on Tuesday. Anyone picking it up? 

Also, where would be the best site to order from to possibly get before Tuesday? ShopTo letting me down recently and would love a good BH weekend session on this! 

Probably Simply Games.

I see they've changed/added a few trophies from the PS3 version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Probably Simply Games.

I see they've changed/added a few trophies from the PS3 version.

Sweet thanks. Never ordered from them before but gave it a shot. 

The platinum seems too lengthy for me in this. I don't always play raid mode so chances are I may not bother with those but the campaign ones I'm here for. 

On August 24, 2017 at 2:56 PM, Aneres11 said:

Bloody Nora @Hero-of-Time I only ordered it before just had a text and email to say it's been dispatched! 

Thanks for suggesting them! 

My copy arrived from them today. I ordered after you said yours got shipped. Did yours arrive?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

My copy arrived from them today. I ordered after you said yours got shipped. Did yours arrive?

Vbbgoxi.jpg

I R gobsmacked. 

13 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I R gobsmacked. 

Good stuff! I take it you'll be using Simply Games again at some point.? :D

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Good stuff! I take it you'll be using Simply Games again at some point.? :D

Without question! 

Unbelievable service - so much so I will be tweeting my gratitude! 

Just waiting for the inevitable drop in form in a year or two's time with games arriving after release (play.com, shopto etc) :p 

• Like 1

Finished this earlier. Took my sweet time with it.

Still love this game so much, one of my favourite entries into the series. The setting is spot on and I actually like the story they went with for this. The ships, the characters (all quite interesting) and the episodic formula works. 

The gameplay is really stilted as it was obviously made for the 3DS and doesn't transition so well to consoles. Some episodes take two minutes to complete (literally) and the longest is only ever 15 minutes or so. But good for quick bursts though that doesn't quite suit the home console play. 

Started new game plus to do the game on infernal - oh good lord. I'm not sure I will be able to do that. First section there are enemies everywhere and takes about 50 handgun bullets to kill one. Even avoiding them is difficult which is what I've read to do. 

I need to play it again as I missed a bloody handprint. 

Sign in to follow this