NEurope
dwarf

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Yeah I just finished it. Will stay away form spoilers. May delve into the multiplayer a little bit before Destiny shows up. 

Finished this on Sunday night.  Overall, a pretty darn good spin-off.  Decent story to it.

Spoiler

Some people were saying the puzzle in Chapter 5 (the moving the pieces to fill in the shadows) was the toughest, which i can agree on.  The puzzle to get the water flowing to open the gate in Chapter 4 (the statues) was challenging.   Listening to the conversations between Chloe and Nadine as you are exploring is interesting, and a few moments stood out.

Have to give it to Naughty Dog, if this is what a Nathan Drake-less Uncharted feels like, then i'm all for that.

Edited by Jimbob

I enjoyed this game. Does anyone like the short length of the game or is that just me? I find games these days too long as I get older and have less time for gaming. Really thought the story, dialogue and graphics were very good indeed. Naughty Dog, I salute you.....(but please do something different next time!) 

P.S Nice to see my name in the credits....GUESS WHERE I WORK

1 hour ago, Babooo said:

I enjoyed this game. Does anyone like the short length of the game or is that just me? I find games these days too long as I get older and have less time for gaming. Really thought the story, dialogue and graphics were very good indeed. Naughty Dog, I salute you.....(but please do something different next time!) 

P.S Nice to see my name in the credits....GUESS WHERE I WORK

Playing a game at this length was perfect for what it was.  Long games are good, but not all the time.

I finally sat down and played and finished this over the weekend. Fantastic stuff. Naughty Gods proving once again that they are masters of their craft.

The visuals and animations are really something else. I love watching the cutscenes play out and just sitting looking out for little visual details in their facial expressions. Details like that, along with some amazing voice acting, really make the characters come alive. 

The banter between Chloe, Nadine and other characters is done very well. Their dialogue seems very believable and the chatter between the two of them is the kind of thing you would expect from two mates ribbing on each other. There was a great back and forth between two of them during Chapter 4. Both are comparing the men they have worked for/with and the relationship between Chloe and Drake comes up, which turns out to be pretty funny.

I guess what really comes across is that the dialogue is very natural. It's the kinda of stuff you would expect to hear from regular people and it's a credit to the writers and performers that they can pull off such an amazing thing. There is a massive difference in the quality of writing and acting between ND games and most other games that are on the market, especially those from Japan. 

Gameplay wise the game had some really cool puzzles and standard Uncharted gunplay sections. Chapter 4 wasn't a favourite of mine due to me preferring the more linear levels over the open world styles ones. I was a little overwhelmed with where I had to go but it wasn't long until I got my bearings and was able to driving from point to point without any issues. 

There is a central pillar in the area of Chapter 4 that is needed to be climbed to unlock a secret trophy. Once I got to the top I just took in the scenery and was simply amazed at just how beautiful the game is. What is even more amazing is about all the structures you can see you can actually visit. There's also a nice little easter egg if you leave Chloe alone while standing on top of the pillar.

Spoiler

She starts doing yoga moves at the very peak of the pillar, showing here balancing skills off and generally being very cocky. :D

After finishing the game I spent the rest of the day just mopping up the random trophies and finding collectibles. The ones in Chapter 4 were a bit of a pain, given just how large that area is. All that's left to do now is to finish the game on Crushing difficulty and the platinum will be mine.

• Like 1

Crushing difficulty complete and platinum obtained!

When you skip the cutscenes the loading times can be pretty rough. ND do a good job of hiding them when playing the game normally.

I was listening to this weeks Frame Trap and Huber and Ben were discussing the game. Strangely enough they said what I mentioned the other day, that ND are masters at what they do and are so far ahead of everyone else in the industry when creating these types of games. Great minds and all that. :D

• Like 2

I will get back to this for the Crushing difficulty. I must have missed that central pillar fully. I did do the Yas Queen trophy just because I liked that chapter alot. 

This game is much more easy to soak in given that its shorter. 

Bloody chapter 4. Spending an age going for all of the collectibles etc in there and I've done about half (maybe more?) and then accidentally progressed the chapter. Can't go back to the previous area either as it triggered a checkpoint.  

That aside, enjoying this.

Finished the story for this just now. 

What a game. Even more enjoyable than the main series for me, but I was starting to get a bit bored with Drake. 

Going to go through and get all the misc trophies such as gun kills etc, got all collectibles during the play through although I missed a lock box somewhere which is frustrating. 

Once I've done those I'll go for crushing. :)

Sorry for the big bump.

Got this for christmas and only 4 hours in but I'm loving it. It looks incredible on the Pro. HDR being used so well.

Never been one to collect the trophies in the Uncharted series but collected quite a few already.

Looking forward to seeing where the story goes as with all Uncharted games.

• Like 4

On 26/08/2017 at 10:55 AM, S.C.G said:

So long as they are in spoiler tags, then yes. :p

Otherwise, I'll just avoid this thread until I've finished, I should have it finished by the end of the Bank Holiday weekend with any luck. :)

So, that didn't happen... :blank: I should really finish this thoroughly enjoyable game. :D

#2017YearOfTooManyGames

Yeah I got this for Christmas as well and am really enjoying it so far. Not surprising given its an Uncharted game but damn is it gorgeous!

DR-r-__X0AEjm1M.jpg:large

• Thanks 2

We bought this just before Christmas and I'm looking forward to giving it a go when I return to the UK. @Eenuh has yet to play any of the Uncharted games. So, she has this to look forward to.

• Thanks 1

Finished it this afternoon. Really enjoyed it, will give it another play-through when I don't have so many games to play.

Wouldn't mind another Uncharted adventure with Chloe and Nadine. Really likeable characters plus I enjoyed the banter between them.

Wolfenstein 2 next.

• Like 1

I started this yesterday and am having a great time with it. I wanted more Uncharted 4...and it's exactly what I'm getting. As mentioned above, the back-and-forth talk between Chloe and Nadine is pretty good and I'm finding that there's just the right balance between platforming, shooting and puzzle solving, so far. 

Obviously, the game is completely fucking gorgeous. Can't wait to see how great The Last of Us Part II looks. :)

• Like 1

Finally got around to finishing this last week. I think I enjoyed the final section in this more than the final section in Uncharted 4 (except for the actual ending-ending which was just sweet). Great game! Loved the size of the game, the look of it, the content, etc. Big thumbs up from me and would happily play another game with Chloe and Nadine. 

Borrowed my mate's copy (he gets to enjoy my copy of God of War in the meantime :D).

Played the Prologue and Chapter 1 last night. It's basically Uncharted 4 so far and after a long break from the series it's exactly what I need.

Still...it's insane how God of War looks even better than this. Can't wait to see what Naughty Dogs are able to give us with The Last of Us 2.

Edited by drahkon

Urgh, getting all the collectibles in Chapter 4 is tedious :(

Really hope that's the only "open-world" chapter and the following are all linear again.

Enjoying my time with this game immensely, though. Chloe and Nadine's banter is funny :D

19 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Urgh, getting all the collectibles in Chapter 4 is tedious :(

Really hope that's the only "open-world" chapter and the following are all linear again.

Enjoying my time with this game immensely, though. Chloe and Nadine's banter is funny :D

Yeah, you're safe. The rest is pretty linear.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, you're safe. The rest is pretty linear.

Thank God.

The chapter itself was fine, but 54 collectibles in that area...

Anyway, after about an hour of collecting I need a break before I start chapter 5 :D

Welp, chapter 5 was spectacular. Naughty Dog are the best in the genre. :bowdown:

Just finished it.

giphy.gif

Naughty Dog are masters of their craft. Nothing more to add.

Now for crushing mode and trophy clean-up :D

• Like 2

On 5/22/2018 at 10:23 AM, drahkon said:

Now for crushing mode and trophy clean-up :D

Nope, can't be arsed.

Reached chapter 3 but I just don't want to play another Uncharted for...well...ever.

It's been great but it's over for me :laughing: