Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

On 26/09/2021 at 10:54 PM, S.C.G said:

content-4-36562-blossomtalesiibanner.jpg

Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince announced for Nintendo Switch

Now up on the main page.

A sequel to the original Blossom Tales which was heavily influenced by top-down Zelda games.

As it happens, the original game is currently only £3.37 as it has 75% off until 07/10/2021.

At that price, the original would seem to be worth checking out if you're interested.

I used to own the physical version on Switch but never played it.

At that price though, and with news of a sequel, it seems worth buying potentially.

- - - - -

Wow awesome, the original was fantastic.

content-4-36586-image0.jpg

Big eShop sale incoming. I already see a nice discount for THPS1+2, for those who are interested in that one. The press release can be found on the frontpage!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Is there anything really good in that Cyber Deal? 

I just had a look, nothing of any real interest which would persuade me to buy anything on the eShop right away.

But then, I'm not as interested in games as I used to be, so this isn't that surprising to me. :p

I did see plenty of 'good deals' as in games which are likely decent and would be worth buying at the sale price.

The collection of Castlevania Advance titles is now around £14... the recently launched Gynoug is around £4... It's an old horizontally-scrolling shooter which I've played on the Sega Mega Drive during the Nineties, it's a decent game, and this multiplatform digital port looks solid, it's certainly cheaper than buying an original cart, and the main difference I can see just from looking at the video, is that the audio isn't the same as the original, but then it wouldn't be, if you're not playing it on a Mega Drive, but it's still good enough that if you'd never played the game before, you could still enjoy it... the controls have apparently been revamped, plus it's a challenging title from what I can recall of it, in addition to having a really unique aesthetic. :peace:

There are surely plenty of bargains, though I'd advise looking at them via the online store in a web browser, as opposed to on the eShop as it takes a fair while just to load the next few titles when you're scrolling through, I quit out of the eShop after looking through a few hundred titles, and only about maybe five games or so really stood out... it really depends on what kind of digital distraction you're looking for though, if you like shmups, there are plenty of good scrolling shooters I saw on sale, nearly all of the Sega Ages titles are on sale again etc...

In summary... there are good deals, if they are the games that you're looking for, but if not... then there are no good deals. :heh:

Hmm, nothing jumped out to me, although I did notice that Blossom Tales has been reduced again. @Ronnie’s positive comments have gotten me tempted. Worth it?

27 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

Hmm, nothing jumped out to me, although I did notice that Blossom Tales has been reduced again. @Ronnie’s positive comments have gotten me tempted. Worth it?

If you like A Link to the Past I think you'll love it.

• Thanks 1

INSIDE was at 1,99€, which was the lowest/most surprising one I saw. I also saw Super Punch Patrol (small indie game from the Gunman Clive devs) on my wishlist for 0,99€, which I may go for.

But there were also plenty of 50-60% deals (like Okami, Dark Souls, AI Somium Files, and plenty of Indies). Might be worth it to check your wishlist.

Had some more time this morning and found a little - went to page 17 and then couldn't be bothered anymore.

Hades -33 %
Transistor -80 %
Bastion -80 %
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes -50 %
Castlevania Advance Collection -25 %
Castlevania Anniversary Collection -80 %
Crash-spillene - Team Racing / Trilogy / 4 -60 % / -50 % / -25 %
Bravely Default II -33 %
Blossom Tales -80 %
Panzer Dragon Remake -75 %
Tales of Vesperia -75 %
Inside, Limbo -80 %
Batman Telltale -75 %
Batman The Enemy Within -75 %
Ghostrunner -60 %
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy -33 %
Slay the Spire -60 %
Cruis 'n Blast -40 %
Katana ZERO -40 %
To the moon -30 %
Aziom Verge -50 %
Axiom Verge 2 -10 %
Maneater -50 %
Shantae Half-Genie Hero -50 %
OlliOlli Switch Stance -80 %
Cris Tales -33 %
Kentucky Route Zero -33 %
Kaze and the Wild Masks -33 %

Hope this helps some of you. The percentages are circa, I just did it in my head.

Edited by MindFreak
  • Thanks 3