NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

6 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Played it for about 2 hours, here's what I think:

• it needs quite a bit of optimisation on Switch - long loading times, occasional stutter/short freezes and movement bugs can be annoying
  • rebinding keys is a must add for the next patch
  • have only played in handheld mode and the screen is too small - information about buffs/debuffs/status/monsters/etc fill way too much
  • gameplay is a lot of fun - a great amount of mechanics are in play (e.g. familiars that grant you two skills, randomized weapons, relics providing passive abilities, scrolls that increase your stats)
  • tactical Turn-based combat is enjoyable - you have to be careful with every turn and so far the difficulty is challenging but nothing too demanding
  • classic Roguelite mechanics - permanent upgrades, shops, equipment that you lose when you die, etc.
  • clean art style - very pretty
  • sound and music just...exist...they're nothing special

The technical issues are annoying but for me the gameplay more than makes for it. :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, drahkon said:

The technical issues are annoying but for me the gameplay more than makes for it.

Well, that changed quite quickly. Once the game gets more challenging, the technical issues become even more annoying. To the point where I might just wait for a patch, which I hope is already in the works...

Here's an example:

El-RAKct-U8-AAh.jpg

So much clutter...
And the more progress you make, the more enemies you fight which in turn results in more effects on screen...which leads to: Stutters/short freezes. Not so fun when it happens every 10 seconds.

Quite a shame, as I really like the gameplay, but right now it's too frustrating to continue. :(

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

Well, that changed quite quickly. Once the game gets more challenging, the technical issues become even more annoying. To the point where I might just wait for a patch, which I hope is already in the works...

Here's an example:

El-RAKct-U8-AAh.jpg

So much clutter...
And the more progress you make, the more enemies you fight which in turn results in more effects on screen...which leads to: Stutters/short freezes. Not so fun when it happens every 10 seconds.

Quite a shame, as I really like the gameplay, but right now it's too frustrating to continue. :(

Ouch, yeah. In handheld, that would be completely covering the screen. Clearly not though through.

content-4-36381-fitnessboxing2rhythmandexercisedemobanner.jpg

Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm and Exercise demo launches on the Nintendo eShop

Up on the main page. :D

Cyber Deals sale is starting tomorrow, with discounts up to 84% (despite the press release saying up to 75%...). Nintendo's own games get a 33% max. The highlights list is up on the main site, but I expect the full list to be much longer.

Nintendo Cyber Deals sale is starting tomorrow News Item

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Oh, didn't find any deals for Europe the other day so I've been waiting for it. I suppose it's not the full list, is it? 

50 % off of The Outer Worlds is the only one on the list that interests me at the moment, though. 

The fact Nintendo never discount their own games more than 33% is unbelievably stingy, especially for stuff that’s already several years old! They’re quite literally light years behind every other platform/digital store out there, it’s actually embarrassing at this point.

Even on the Mario 35th anniversary sale they stuck to their guns at 33%, an additional 2% was clearly out of the question! :laughing:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

The fact Nintendo never discount their own games more than 33% is unbelievably stingy, especially for stuff that’s already several years old! They’re quite literally light years behind every other platform/digital store out there, it’s actually embarrassing at this point.

Even on the Mario 35th anniversary sale they stuck to their guns at 33%, an additional 2% was clearly out of the question! :laughing:

To be fair, Nintendo games rarely if ever actually get price cuts, Nintendo games end up holding their value for the most part the same as a new game... for better or for worse!

• Like 1

Nintendo aren't behind the competition in terms of pricing, it's simply a different way of doing things.

If Sony or Microsoft had games that could sell 5, 10-20+ million copies at full price, they wouldn't discount their games either.

It's hard to call Nintendo behind, when their software sales figures are genuinely insane.

Edited by Ronnie

it’s actually embarrassing at this point

Indeed it is. But Nintendo gets away with it for some reason.

Not that it matters to me...can't remember the last time I actually paid full price (or 33% off) for a Nintendo game. ::shrug: Went second hand for their titles a long time ago because they are, as you put it, unbelievably stingy.

Well...I did buy a new copy of Super Mario 3D All-Stars. But not full price :p

I don't see the issue if most people are prepared to pay full price for these old games. Do I like it? Not really, I haven't picked up a couple of games because of the price, namely Yoshi and the Xenoblade remaster. Nintendo themselves know the value of their own IP and they live and die by their software pricing. At the moment, they're quite clearly living. One only has to remember the Wii U, when software was slashed in price as the demand simply wasn't there (Looking at you AC Amiibo). However, the sales numbers of the "B-tier" games tells me they don't always get it right, but it is what it is.

Once the sales for these games cross the sales threshold, they'll be released as Player's Choice titles. Until then, it's just a case of keeping an eye on in-store sales and second hand copies. You can't really blame Nintendo for maximising profit, that's their number one goal. Once they're not doing that, you'll get Odyssey and BOTW at £20, both of which have already been sold at 33% off on the eShop if I recall correctly. 

• Like 1

I do think they could offer some more generous discounts after a few years but then they introduce the Nintendo Selects-series where the older games are sold at what, half price? That at least makes a bit up for it.

However, the "generous" pricing from other publishers puts me off buying something at launch because I know that I can just wait 3-4 months and the game is half price already. I'm actually considering waiting for Immortals as I expect it to be half price in March, making me feel stupid for buying it full price, even though I think it'll be perfect for Christmas now that Nintendo don't put out anything. I think that kind of price cutting is unhealthy for the business and for the consumers as well.

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 2

If you already own One Strike (which was given away for next to nothing last year) then you can choose to download one of the following games from the same publisher for free...

• Akane
  • Akuto: Showdown
  • Coffee Crisis

I believe it works the other way around, if you own any of these titles, but I think it was a weekend only deal, so it either ends at midnight, or at some point tomorrow, I was going to post about it here, the other day but I only just remembered, as I went and claimed Coffee Crisis, which would seem to be the best game out of the lot.

I know @Ashley owns One Stirke, so I thought it was worth mentioning. :)

Also, I just went back to check exactly how long is left, it looks like it says '1 day remaining' so it might be there until the afternoon, and it seems that if you own just one game out of the four, then you get ALL the rest for FREE, so the deal is even better than I realised, I'll be downloading the other two titles now then. :D

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

Ended up getting:

• Silence (a Daedalic game, and a sequel to a previous game from them. The discount on it was something like 90%, the cheapest I've ever seen it. I didn't even know it had come out on Switch!);
  • Sonic 2 (it's not going to move from this price. Great game to have on the Switch);
  • Fire Emblem: Cindered Shadows DLC (it was on a discount, so better get it now)

All in all, only one game added to my Switch backlog. Not bad.

• Thanks 1

This is out now for 20 bucks.

I remember buying the Vita version for a few € during a sale but never actually played it that much. I wasn't into traditional rogue-likes back then. I still haven't played many of those games.
The Switch version will be something to look out for in a future sale :D

• Like 1

Festive offers 2020 are up

Too many games to get a good overview and the list from Nintendo is too small. First world problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It's times like this that I'm grateful for the Wishlist feature! :hehe:

Edit: The Trials of Mana remake is 40% off! Nice!

Namco Museum Archives Vol 1 is also 50% off, but strangely the second volume isn't... Ok?

Otherwise, it's mostly the usual suspects and a whole heap of shite surrounding them.

Edited by Dcubed

33 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Edit: The Trials of Mana remake is 40% off! Nice!

Still not worth the money. Easily one of the worst JRPGs I've played in recent years.

• Sad 1

Horace, The Next Penelope, Syberia-games, Gear.Club Unlimited, and Cat Quest are all heavily discounted.

• Thanks 2

Guacamelee 2 is 70% off and highly recommended. Amazing game if you like Metroidvanias.

• Thanks 1

I picked up Hades, have been waiting for it to go on sale so hopefully I can get to playing it before the end of the year. There are so many games on sale, it's crazy, plenty on my wish list that are part of it so I might buy a few more to treat myself to an early Christmas.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Horace, The Next Penelope, Syberia-games, Gear.Club Unlimited, and Cat Quest are all heavily discounted.

I bought Cat Quest when it was on sale a few Christmases ago. It has a fun personality and the gameplay is absolutely fine for what the game is going for. For 99p you can't really go too wrong if you fancy some questing.

• Like 1