NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

@Ronnie I ended up buying Bomb Chicken yesterday and I love what I have played. After about 2 hours play time I think I have about 10 stages left to play through, so you are probably looking at around 4-5 hours, which is longer than I expected. I imagine those who clocked in 2 hours were just playing through the game from A to B without trying to find the hidden gems scattered in each level. I obviously haven't finished it yet but from what I have played so far I can give it my recommendation.

Here's a taste of some of the tricky platforming that the game has to offer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@Ronnie I ended up buying Bomb Chicken yesterday and I love what I have played. After about 2 hours play time I think I have about 10 stages left to play through, so you are probably looking at around 4-5 hours, which is longer than I expected. I imagine those who clocked in 2 hours were just playing through the game from A to B without trying to find the hidden gems scattered in each level. I obviously haven't finished it yet but from what I have played so far I can give it my recommendation.

Here's a taste of some of the tricky platforming that the game has to offer.

Very nice, thanks for the impressions and nice little clip. The pixel art is lovely. I have to admit I never paid much attention to those guys who got it early, so not surprised to hear it's 4-5 hours. That'll do me fine.

I'll get to it after Octopath

I've got Enter the Gungeon, played only the tutorial, looks like I am going to like it, but it has to wait a bit. I have a huge backlog on ma Wii U and quite a few games on the Switch.

On 19/07/2018 at 10:37 AM, RedShell said:

For those with Japanese eShop accounts, a demo is available for Taiko no Tatsujin Switch version. :yay:

Gave it a go. The motion controls are pretty inaccurate with is unfortunate. You can calibrate it so it doesn't have so much delay (there's an option in the settings), you can have it work it out of you or adjust it manually. It still registers double movements though sometimes.

The demo only contains 2 songs, one classic and, I'm guessing, 1 original. It's pretty fun though, the motion controls gives you a good workout. :laughing: The game has some decent HD rumble implementation, makes hit feel like you're hitting a drum. Not really sure how accurate it is mind, it does feel like your hitting something more akin to the Donkey Konga bongos which the game reminds me of.

I like the demo to consider importing, or I might wait for the English patch or see if there's a localisation announcement.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ike said:

I like the demo to consider importing, or I might wait for the English patch or see if there's a localisation announcement.

I see people have data mined the game and found the English logo inside of it. It goes by Drum Master, which is what the AU rating had it pegged as. I think it's just a matter of time until it gets officially announced. It will probably be in the next Direct.

Oh wow, those Japanese "games" with those adult models have appeared in the E-shop..

https://nintendoeverything.com/switch-title-with-adult-model-eri-kitami-releases-on-switch-in-north-america-only-supports-japanese/

Almost want to check one of those out as a joke purchase, but they haven't been actually localised as far as I know, so it's going to be hard to interact with the game. See what I did there?

• Haha 1

I noticed on my friends list that @RedShell was playing something called Heroki. I have never heard of it but knowing that RedShell is a man of good taste I decided to watch the trailer on the eShop. I ended up buying it soon after. :D  I've only done the first 5 stages but I LOVE the game. It's the kinda of cute and colourful platformer that I love playing. Heroki himself is adorable. I love his animations.

@Aneres11 I think you would enjoy the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I noticed on my friends list that @RedShell was playing something called Heroki. I have never heard of it but knowing that RedShell is a man of good taste I decided to watch the trailer on the eShop. I ended up buying it soon after. :D  I've only done the first 5 stages but I LOVE the game. It's the kinda of cute and colourful platformer that I love playing. Heroki himself is adorable. I love his animations.

You may have just answered my gaming prayers! I've been looking for something to play since Detroit but didn't really want a heavy story game.

This looks perfect. 

I also love that he reminds me ever so slightly of Wiki from Zack and Wiki. :D

Edited by Aneres11
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, it’s yet another one of those games that caught my eye one day when browsing the eShop. :hehe: Usually I just chuck ‘em on my Watch List for a rainy day, but I got such a good vibe from what I saw of Heroki that I actually pre-ordered it right away!

Anyway, glad to see you’re also enjoying the game now. :) I’m up to the final world, looks like there are only 3 in total though so yeah, it’s not a long game by any stretch of the imagination, but it is a very nice and solidly built title for sure. Gorgeous visuals too, especially for a mobile game, not sure how much it was modified for the Switch port but it holds up really well on the big screen. :cool: 

Will certainly be keeping an eye on Picomy. Here’s a teaser trailer for their next project:

Looks to be some sort of music creation/fishing game. :D Mobile only at the moment, but here’s hoping they also plan to bring it to Switch.

Everyone go buy Heroki! ;) 

• Like 2

Looks like a bag of skittles exploded all over the screen, very nice! Looks fun, will add to Watch list.

Anyone with small kids? What game would you recommend to me for my 5 1/2 year old daughter?

11 minutes ago, Kounan said:

What game would you recommend to me for my 5 1/2 year old daughter?

Wolfenstein II The New Colossus...

...what? :blank:

OK, as for a serious suggestion though...

Sonic Mania Plus

I first started playing Sonic games at around the same age, plus you could play it co-op with her if it proves to be too difficult. :smile:

Plus it's a game that you'll likely definitely want to play anyway, if you haven't got it already. :peace:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Haha 1

Thx, I'll see to get it then after my next paycheck :)

EDIT:
I've just showed it on youtube to her and she doesn't like it.... :(

Edited by Kounan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kounan said:

EDIT:

You did show her Sonic and not Wolfenstein... right? :p

Either way, I'm going to assume that kids are hard to please these days when it comes to games or just have different tastes.

Have you let her play any of your other games? What ones do you have so far? Obviously Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 DX I'd recommend.

How about... Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker surely no kid could dislike Toad. :D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kounan said:

EDIT:

Any other requirements? Genres? Multiplayer? Singleplayer? What else does dhe play / enjoy?

She likes/d Mario Tennis, Mario Kart (she uses motion controls), Mario & Sonic Summer Olympics, some of the Nintendo Land games, but she is playing it on the Wii U - I will get it on the Switch eventually.

I think that captain Toad is to hard, we tried it before.

I think that Sonic is a bit to hetic/fast for her so I am thinking of something more simplistic, with less buttons needed (the controller is still a bit to big for her. It can be anything where she doesn't need to know a foreign language (Bosnian is her mother language).

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Kounan said:

I think that Sonic is a bit to hetic/fast for her so I am thinking of something more simplistic, with less buttons needed (the controller is still a bit to big for her. It can be anything where she doesn't need to know a foreign language (Bosnian is her mother language).

A couple of things on Sonic Mania:

• You literally only need a joystick and one button to play. One Joy-con is all she needs to play it;
  • The trailers make the game look faster than it really is. She can play at a slower pace if she wants.

That said, Sonic Mania doesn't have a demo, so getting the old Mega Drive Sonic 1 for cheap would likely be a better option when figuring out whether she could like the franchise or not.

For other suggestions, how does she feel about puzzle games, like Snipperclips? That's a co-op game that promotes teamwork and creative thinking.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Kounan said:

She likes/d Mario Tennis, Mario Kart (she uses motion controls), Mario & Sonic Summer Olympics, some of the Nintendo Land games, but she is playing it on the Wii U - I will get it on the Switch eventually.

I think that captain Toad is to hard, we tried it before.

How about Go Vacation? It's something she could play on her own but its also a game you guys could play as a family. It releases this Friday.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 1

A couple of things on Sonic Mania:
  • You literally only need a joystick and one button to play. One Joy-con is all she needs to play it;
  • The trailers make the game look faster than it really is. She can play at a slower pace if she wants.
That said, Sonic Mania doesn't have a demo, so getting the old Mega Drive Sonic 1 for cheap would likely be a better option when figuring out whether she could like the franchise or not.
For other suggestions, how does she feel about puzzle games, like Snipperclips? That's a co-op game that promotes teamwork and creative thinking.
I will check with sonicmania, like you said, something cheaper so she can test it. But Snipperclips, I've forgot about it and there is even a demo, I think she is going to like it. We will try it tonight, thx.

How about Go Vacation? It's something she could play on her own but its also a game you guys could play as a family. It releases this Friday.

Now this also looks like something she could love. I will see if she likes it after watching the trailer but she should like it.

Thx :).

Not bad, 3 games for now :).

I'm sure someone on here played this on the PC a year or two back and had a laugh with it. Was it you @RedShell?

Edited by Hero-of-Time

30 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm sure someone on here played this on the PC a year or two back and had a laugh with it. Was it you @RedShell?

I played it on PC, yeah.

Hilarious game. :grin: Nice to see it making the jump to Switch. :)

Children do like minecraft, isn't it?

Btw. is it better to play it on Wii U, or the Switch (can she use the touch screen on Wii U when playing it in TV mode)?

And we will order Go Vacation and Snipperclips and probably even Sonic Mania, but will have to see how she does first with Mario :).

• Like 1

Children do like minecraft, isn't it?

Btw. is it better to play it on Wii U, or the Switch (can she use the touch screen on Wii U when playing it in TV mode)?

And we will order Go Vacation and Snipperclips and probably even Sonic Mania, but will have to see how she does first with Mario :).

The Wii U version won’t get any updates anymore, and doesn’t support the touch screen for item management, however, the Switch version receives all updates and has parity with all other consoles and PC. Switch is definitely the one to choose.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  • Like 1