NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

Galak-Z: Variant S was released this week. It was supposed to be priced at £9.99 but because of the delay to the game they have made it free.

I'll certainly be giving it a go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Oh, that is pretty neat. Will it be free forever, or is it just a timed thing? They will ceirtanly get more downloads this way though.

Lumines Remastered

content-2-35531-luminesremastered.jpg

Review written by Anil Parmar

Thank you to @Goron_3 for covering this excellent game. :D

Another game that I can't wait to play as I do love Lumines. :peace:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't play Lumines for too long because it starts to give me a headache after a while.

I'm also rubbish at these kinds of games.

It's certainly a spectacle though.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Lumines isn't really amongst my favourite puzzle game series, but it is a good time; and at the price? Really, you can't argue with picking it up!

@RedShell I noticed you were playing Galak-Z the other day. Did you like it? I downloaded it and gave it a go but I wasn't that keen on it at all. The presentation just didn't sit right with me and there seems to be a stupid amount of options that you get bombarded with very early on.

I also gave Galak-Z a quick go and was not impressed. The dialogue is corny, the controls are not that good, the first few levels all look the same and like you said, a bombardment of options.

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@RedShell I noticed you were playing Galak-Z the other day. Did you like it? I downloaded it and gave it a go but I wasn't that keen on it at all. The presentation just didn't sit right with me and there seems to be a stupid amount of options that you get bombarded with very early on.

2 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

I also gave Galak-Z a quick go and was not impressed. The dialogue is corny, the controls are not that good, the first few levels all look the same and like you said, a bombardment of options.

Have to admit I wasn’t overly keen when I first started playing, the presentation is indeed pretty lacklustre. :blank: I’ve been sticking with it though and the game has grown on me a bit. But yeah, the pacing is all over the shop. There’s quite a lot to take in at first and the opening stages/sectors are ludicrously easy, same goes for battles against other player’s bots too. :zzz:

Eventually though the challenge picks up (both in the main missions and the bot battles) and there can actually be some pretty intense moments. :cool: Strategy then plays a more important role as well, meaning you need to keep a close eye on your shield, know when to back off, when to attack etc. It definitely improves over time, but the way the game is designed (or rather, how it’s been changed by the switch to F2P) makes it quite a gradual process.

I can see myself playing for a while yet though, at least while progress is only hindered by timers and not the need for in-game currency. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Ah, it wasn't just me then. The options thing really put me off. I didn't have a clue about what I should have been looking at. 

Good to see you are getting enjoyment out of it, @RedShell. You can't go wrong with getting a game for free and having fun with it. :D 

• Thanks 1

I talked about Galak-Z on the podcast this week. And the extremely gradual RPG mechanics, the frustrating controls (ZR boost and float), and the bad dialogue make this so hard to recommend, even though it’s free.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

@Ronnie did you end up picking up Bomb Chicken? I'm still pretty tempted by it, despite the short play time, and was just wondering if you had the chance to play it yet and, if so, what were your thoughts on it?

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@Ronnie did you end up picking up Bomb Chicken? I'm still pretty tempted by it, despite the short play time, and was just wondering if you had the chance to play it yet and, if so, what were your thoughts on it?

Not yet I'm afraid, I'm planning on it though once I finish Captain Toad. Reviews seem pretty positive from what I've seen, nothing groundbreaking, but a fun little title.

• Thanks 1

For those with Japanese eShop accounts, a demo is available for Taiko no Tatsujin Switch version. :yay:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Not yet I'm afraid, I'm planning on it though once I finish Captain Toad. Reviews seem pretty positive from what I've seen, nothing groundbreaking, but a fun little title.

I think i'll give it a shot. Could be a fun little game to play in between sessions of Octopath Traveler.

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

For those with Japanese eShop accounts, a demo is available for Taiko no Tatsujin Switch version. :yay:

Dunno if you knew but there are hints that the game may be heading over to the West. 

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Dunno if you knew but there are hints that the game may be heading over to the West. 

I’d heard there was going to be an English language option in the Asian release, but that’s about it.

2 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I’d heard there was going to be an English language option in the Asian release, but that’s about it.

A couple of weeks ago a listing for the game popped up in an Australian classification board. They have it down as Taiko: Drum Master. The fact that the Japanese version is getting an English patch and then this popped up gives me hope that it makes it out over here in the UK/Europe.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

A couple of weeks ago a listing for the game popped up in an Australian classification board. They have it down as Taiko: Drum Master. The fact that the Japanese version is getting an English patch and then this popped up gives me hope that it makes it out over here in the UK/Europe.

Ooh! Awesome stuff. :) Cheers for the info.

It’s pretty funny how even though the Switch is region free I’m yet to import a single game for it. :grin: Especially compared to my GBA and NDS collections, both of which have a substantial amount of imports. Then again it also goes to show just how much better the international release situation is these days.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Ooh! Awesome stuff. :) Cheers for the info.

It’s pretty funny how even though the Switch is region free I’m yet to import a single game for it. :grin: Especially compared to my GBA and NDS collections, both of which have a substantial amount of imports. Then again it also goes to show just how much better the international release situation is these days.

Indeed. Hopefully the days of things like Galaxy 2 and Smash Bros Brawl getting launched over here after everywhere else are a thing of the past.

• Like 1

We're even getting a release of Senran Kagura: Shinobi Refle, so international releases are pretty good these days :laughing:

4 hours ago, RedShell said:

*Adds to download queue*

Will check it out tonight.

If it does get localised, I'm guessing it won't have all the same songs.

Next wave of ACA NeoGeo games is as follows...

- The King of Fighters '97
- Prehistoric Isle 2 
- Metal Slug 4
- Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers
- Crossed Swords
- Football Frenzy

• Thanks 2

Oh no, a new Metal Slug for me to buy!  That's another £7 off my credit! :laughing: