NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

On 13/04/2018 at 12:03 AM, londragon said:

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero – Shantae: Costume Pack (WayForward, €7.99 / £7.19)

Worth noting this isn't actually just a costume pack - it's 3 new modes. Including a Mighty Switch Force style mode.

It's included in the retail version as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mighty Switch Force is great fun. So I'm well psyched to play the secret third entry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Enjoying Blossom Tales way more than I thought I would. Really scratching that top down Zelda itch.

So I haven't really been paying much attention to the Switch eShop (shame on me, I know). Every time I go onto the store I find it difficult to find anything as there's a fair amount of content. 

I'm in the mood for an easy platformer style game. I have Kirby, but not quite ready to play that just yet. I've played and loved Shantae - is there anything anyone knows of that could satisfy this craving without me searching through lists?! 

Thanks in advance. :)

42 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

So I haven't really been paying much attention to the Switch eShop (shame on me, I know). Every time I go onto the store I find it difficult to find anything as there's a fair amount of content. 

I'm in the mood for an easy platformer style game. I have Kirby, but not quite ready to play that just yet. I've played and loved Shantae - is there anything anyone knows of that could satisfy this craving without me searching through lists?! 

Buy Conker's Bad Fur Day for your Xbox One on Tuesday. Problem solved. :D 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

While it's great news, I'm getting a little sick of this digital only garbage that keeps happening with Switch games. :( 

Pesonally I'm not a fan of digitally only games, but if they're at a good price (like the one's you see in GOG or Steam) and not tied to a platform with limited shelf life - I don't mind.

47 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Wow, that is just mean.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Is Conker a platformer?! 

I've never played it so I may pick that up actually... 

14 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Is Conker a platformer?! 

Half of it is a 3D platformer. Then it becomes a survival horror, then a Third Person Shooter, then a Banjo-Kazooie transformation sequence, then a movie rip-off, then another movie rip-off.

It's utterly hilarious, but it's also really hard. I enjoyed it, but I'm also content with never playing it again.

It's certainly an experience. And an amazing technical achievement (For the N64) Worth noting that the XBox version cuts some of the original content.

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of Conker. It does a lot of things, but none of them well. Except the humour. Plus Xbox version is the inferior version.

@Aneres11 Rayman?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Is Conker a platformer?! 

It's a fantastic game 3D adventure/platform game that will have you laughing your butt off. It was Rare completely let loose. :D I think it'll be only £7-£8 as its up now on the US store for $9.99.

If you're wanting something for the Switch then Poi is a very easy but fun 3D platformer. It borrows heavily from Mario 64 and also takes bits and bobs from Sunshine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

Definitely give The Adventure Pals a try. It’s fairly cheap and is getting great reviews!

• Like 1

Having picked up The Adventure Pals yesterday, I'd say that might fit the bill for you @Aneres11. From what I've played, it's a pretty straight forward action platformer but it's good fun and has a good sense of humour. Feels slightly like playing a modern Cartoon Network tv show and does carry come similarities to Adventure Time and that ilk. I haven't played Shantae myself but from what I've seen of those games, I'd say it falls into that ball park.

Other than that, Rayman Legends is a great shout. Probably the best 2d platformer I've played in a long time and I'm playing through it for a second time on the Switch myself because of how good it is.

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestions guys! 

Will have a browse! :) 

Conker will definitely get a look in! Sounds crazy haha. 

Quick comment on two games:

The bunker:

Ik more or less knew what I was going to get into. I just wanted to see what a 2018 FMV game looked like. I don't mind the QTEs, but there was more point and click stuff than I expected. Still veryu little, but more than expected. The problem is that it's too simplistic and not enjoyable. They should have skipped it altogether. But I'll judge the game on what it's focussed on: the story. The atmosphere is generally nice, though I could do without the campy horror influences. The story itself is pure drama, the horror felt tacked on. The story is ok, but nothing special. Entirely predictable from pretty early on. And too short. I'd like to have seen more background story, flashbacks, whatever. The actress playing the mother is cute though. But not recommended simply because of predictable story.

The final station:

Had my eyes on this on Steam. Main gameplay is a sidescrolling zombie shooter, though there are bits of resource management in between levels. Atmosphere is INCREDIBLE. artstyle is nice. Not too fancy, but especially the backdrops really add to that atmosphere. Shooting is satisfying, but repetitive. Main game is short though, so it doesn't outstay its welcome. But the story is incredibly vague. It hints at a lot of cool stuff, but in the end, I (and seemingly a lot of other people as well) were unable to get a coherent story out of it. The (included) "dlc" seems to add to the story, but I have not played it yet. This is where the gameplay outstays its welcome in my opinion, I have no real desire to play through it. It changes things a little bit, but I would have liked to see those things (extra items to find, new enemies) in the main game. I also find it not to have any replay value. The story warrants a replay, but the gameplay does not. Unless you're into speedrunning, I can maybe see some people doing that, though you can't speed up the train gameplay, so perhaps not. Barely recommended, though I'd wait for a sale.

Blossom Tales. Fantastic, you guys have to play this now if you like A Link to the Past style games. It shamelessly rips off the Zelda formula but puts it's own spin on things and the gameplay itself is seriously satisfying. Lots of depth and great humour too. Highly recommended.

Edited by Ronnie

19th of April Switch eShop goodies;

Nintendo Switch eShop
Manticore: Galaxy on Fire (Koch Media, €19.99 / £17.99)
Wild Guns Reloaded (Natsume Inc., €29.99 / £26.99)
The Way Remastered (SONKA , €14.99 / £13.49)
It’s Spring Again (Sometimes You, €1.99 / £1.79)
Party Trivia (Sabec , €7.99 / £7.19)
ACA NEO GEO REAL BOUT FATAL FURY SPECIAL (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)
BAFL – Brakes Are For Losers (Plug In Digital, €4.99 / £4.49)
Neo ATLAS 1469 (StudioArtDink, €42.99 / £37.99)
Skee-Ball (Ocean Media, €19.99 / £17.99)
Ninja Striker! (Flyhigh Works, €3.99 / £3.59)

Nintendo Switch Pre-Orders
Another Lost Phone: Laura’s Story (Plug In Digital, €5.99 / £5.39)
Jotun: Valhalla Edition (Thunder Lotus Games, €14.99 / £10.99)
Bouncy Bob (SONKA, €4.99 / £4.49)
Nihilumbra (BeautiFun Games, €6.99 / £5.99)
Sparkle ZERO (Forever Entertainment, €1.24 / £1.12 for owners of Sparkle 2 or Sparkle 3 Genesis, €2.49 / £2.24 for owners of Violett, Frederic 2: Evil Strikes Back, Hollow, Frederic: Resurrection of Music, regular price €4.99 / £4.49)

Nintendo Switch Discounts
Goetia (Forever Entertainment, €6.99 / £6.29 until 3rd May, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)
Immortal Redneck (CremaGames, €17.99 / £16.19 until 9th May, regular price €19.99 / £17.99)
Hyper Sentinel (Huey Games, €10.79 / £8.99 until 10th May, regular price €11.99 / £9.99)
Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition (Red Hook Studios, €26.34 / £22.09 until 23rd Apr, regular price €30.99 / £25.99)
Darkest Dungeon (Red Hook Studios, €18.69 / £15.29 until 23rd Apr, regular price €21.99 / £17.99)
Squareboy vs Bullies: Arena Edition (Ratalaika Games, €3.99 / £3.59 until 29th Apr, regular price €4.99 / £4.49)
Darkest Dungeon: The Crimson Court (Red Hook Studios, €7.64 / £6.79 until 23rd Apr, regular price €8.99 / £7.99)
Darkest Dungeon: The Shieldbreaker (Red Hook Studios, €2.96 / £2.54 until 23rd Apr, regular price €3.49 / £2.99)
Nine Parchments (Frozenbyte, €11.99 / £10.79 until 1st May, regular price €19.99 / £17.99)
AeternoBlade (CORECELL, €13.49 / £12.14 until 3rd May, regular price €14.99 / £13.49)
Draw a Stickman: EPIC 2 (Hitcents, €5.24 / £5.24 until 26th Apr, regular price €6.99 / £6.99)
JYDGE (10tons, €8.99 / £7.79 until 25th Apr, regular price €14.99 / £12.99)
Fear Effect Sedna (SQUARE ENIX, €14.96 / £11.99 until 26th Apr, regular price €19.95 / £15.99)
Frederic: Resurrection of Music (Forever Entertainment, €1.49 / £1.34 until 3rd May, regular price €5.99 / £5.39)
Frederic 2: Evil Strikes Back (Forever Entertainment, €1.24 / £0.99 until 3rd May, regular price €4.99 / £3.99)
Qbics Paint (Abylight, €3.74 / £3.36 until 3rd May, regular price €4.99 / £4.49)
Qbik (Forever Entertainment, €2.49 / £2.24 until 3rd May, regular price €4.99 / £4.49)
Sparkle 2 Evo (Forever Entertainment, €1.24 / £1.12 until 3rd May, regular price €4.99 / £4.49)
Tumblestone (QuantumAstroGuild, €5.19 / £4.79 until 17th May, regular price €12.99 / £11.99)
Violett (Forever Entertainment, €2.99 / £2.69 until 3rd May, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)
Mad Carnage (QubicGames, €3.99 / £3.59 until 13th May, regular price €4.99 / £4.49)
Spartan (Sinister Cyclops, €5.49 / £4.94 until 22nd Apr, regular price €10.99 / £9.89)

Nintendo Switch DLC
A.O.T. 2: Additional Episode: “A Titan Worth a Thousand” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €0.99 / £0.89)
A.O.T. 2: Additional Episode: “Skill Demonstration” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €0.99 / £0.89)
A.O.T. 2: Additional Episode: “Second Victory” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €0.99 / £0.89)
A.O.T. 2: Additional Sasha Costume: “Sports Outfit” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €3.49 / £3.19)
A.O.T. 2: Additional Annie Costume: “Pop Star Outfit” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €3.49 / £3.19)
A.O.T. 2: Additional Ymir Costume: “Shrine Maiden Outfit” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €3.49 / £3.19)
A.O.T. 2: Additional Hange Costume: “Detective Outfit” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €3.49 / £3.19)
Pic-a-Pix Deluxe – Small Puzzles 4 (Lightwood Games, €1.99 / £1.99)
Pic-a-Pix Deluxe – Mixed Puzzles 4 (Lightwood Games, €1.99 / £1.99)
Pic-a-Pix Deluxe – Large Puzzles 4 (Lightwood Games, €1.99 / £1.99)
Atelier Lydie & Suelle: Season Pass (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €79.99 / £71.99)
Atelier Lydie & Suelle: Great Adventures in New Worlds Vol. 1 (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €11.99 / £10.79)
Atelier Lydie & Suelle: Secret Synthesis Research Journal (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €4.99 / £4.49)
Atelier Lydie & Suelle: Adventurers’ Tales (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €1.99 / £1.79)
Atelier Lydie & Suelle: Nights of Azure 2 BGM Pack (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €4.99 / £4.49)
Atelier Lydie & Suelle: Delicacies and Rarities Pack (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, Free)

Nintendo Switch Demos
Uno Demo (Ubisoft, Free)

• Thanks 2

Atelier Lydie & Suelle: Season Pass (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €79.99 / £71.99)

Holy crap! Is this the way season passes are going? So I'd have to pay £124.99 in total to get everything. Crazy!

On 20/04/2018 at 12:00 AM, londragon said:

19th of April Switch eShop goodies;

Nintendo Switch eShop
Wild Guns Reloaded (Natsume Inc., €29.99 / £26.99))

I just happened to nip into the eShop the other night and saw this!

The SNES game is great (I have it, but haven't fully beat it, on the Wii Virtual Console) so I'm wondering what is so different about this version that it justifies a £26.99 price tag?

It's the sort of game Is love to download on Switch but not at that price!

16 hours ago, nekunando said:

I just happened to nip into the eShop the other night and saw this!

The SNES game is great (I have it, but haven't fully beat it, on the Wii Virtual Console) so I'm wondering what is so different about this version that it justifies a £26.99 price tag?

It's the sort of game Is love to download on Switch but not at that price!

They've added 2 new playable characters, 4-player co-op, new stages, new enemies, widescreen and they've updated the visuals (keeping in the same spirit as the original - they actually brought back the original staff who worked on the original SNES version to make this remaster!)

It's pretty great! A bit pricey, but great!

Compared to the other versions of WGR on PS4/PC, the Switch version also adds the ability to have infinite continues in co-op; something that really should've been there from the start, since you're never gonna manage to round up 4 people who are good enough to get through the game without dying!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

I was going to buy Wild Guns Reloaded (again) but I'm holding out for a UK physical release... that's got to happen, right? :blank:

The US has got one so... ::shrug:

If not then Natsume are just leaving money on the table... :indeed:

I was going to buy Wild Guns Reloaded (again) but I'm holding out for a UK physical release... that's got to happen, right? :blank:
The US has got one so... ::shrug:
If not then Natsume are just leaving money on the table... :indeed:

I’ve seen it on Base.com as available to preorder.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, londragon said:

I’ve seen it on Base.com as available to preorder.

Thanks, I just checked Base.com though, did a search, no sign of it, checked all through the Switch category, nothing... plus, do Base.com only sell Pal games all the time or sometimes imports?

I'm just a bit wary of them until I see it appearing elsewhere on other online retailers as well.

It's a really silly situation, this release for a UK Pal version in physical form should be a no-brainer, though I think it was the case with the PS4 version that it was US only for physical.

I know both consoles are region-free, it's the principle though.