NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

I just finished Mulaka and can wholeheartedly recommend it. As @Julius Caesar posted with the link to the Destructoid review it's great for anybody who is looking to scratch an Okami/Zelda itch but I would also recommend it for those who loved the likes of Rime and Shadow Of The Colossus. It doesn't have the puzzle solving of Rime or the dungeons of Zelda but it feels like it belongs in that company, additionally I'd recommend it to anyone who has an interest in mythology and under represented cultures in videogames, similarly to Never Alone it does a great job at presenting an obscure culture.

I'd agree with Destructoid that the music is fantastic but it is hindered a little by some synthesised elements, the music is at it's best when it features real instruments and vocals that really enhance the atmosphere. The art style is very striking and clearly deliberate but some of the faces do look a little weird at times and there are occasions where some of the terrain look too much like flat untextured polygons but for the most part the visual style is really consistent and pleasant on the eye. Technically I ran into a few hitches in performance and I got clipped through the ground in one of the boss fights but most of the time it seemed to run really smoothly, certainly a damn sight better than Rime did on it's initial release, one of the latter bosses is particularly large and the fight is hampered a little bit by the tech of the engine, it was probably a bit too ambitious for the developers to attempt but the issues raised by it are more on the physics side of things and the game still runs steadily despite the enormity of the enemy. 

First and foremost Mulaka controls really well and the act of simply running and jumping about the world is fun in and of itself, the combat feels weighty and despite the lack of a lock on I never felt disoriented while battling multiple enemies - Mulaka is mobile enough and quick enough to make turning around a simple proposition. Initially you just have access to Mulaka's spear for combat and can use Soul Potion's to rejuvenate health but as you progress through the game you gain access to more potions and can upgrade your spear, health and magic meter by spending the Korima that you earn from defeating enemies and finding secrets. Around the third level you are introduced to the first of several transformation abilities that allow you to transform into an animal to be able to reach new areas or unlock hidden collectibles, the level design and boss fights begin to incorporate the abilities the further you get into the game and force you to have to switch between them quickly to reach the goal. Similarly to Mulaka the animals control really smoothly for the most part, flying around as the bird is particularly enjoyable.

I was drawn to the game when I first saw it in a Nindies presentation last year and it's definitely exceeded my expectations. The developers at Lienzo have done a fantastic job and I hope they can be a part of the Indie sales boom that is currently happening on Switch, they certainly deserve any success they get. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Sounds like Bad Dudes has a few issues with it. :( 

Taken from the NintendoLife review.

Despite all these positive aspects, we must address the emulation wrapper in which this Switch Data East classic is currently presented. Johnny Turbo’s Arcade emulates the game adequately, but is sadly quite lacking in features when measured up to HAMSTER’s product, limiting the player to a choice of a few neat screen filters and a somewhat unnecessary screen ratio selection (anything other than the original 4:3 will produce a squashed image). It is disappointing that we are unable to mess around with the original arcade board DIP switch settings, denying players customisation of the overall experience or even the choice between the US or Japanese version of the game. If you are not aware the game’s endings are different for each region, so we hope you are up for some burgers when you complete your mission, because the game offers up only the US version of the arcade board.

The biggest unexpected omission (and a real cheap ninja kick in the groin) is that one iconic piece of the experience is totally inaccessible in our review copy: The QI charge attack! It is even demonstrated during the attract mode but holding the attack button in this version does not perform the expected ‘fire’ charging punch. It's not a game breaking omission, but that iconic attack is a necessity for speed-runners who want to take down the bosses with maximum time efficiency. We hope a future update will quickly fix this, along with the incorrect fan-made dashboard icon currently being used to represent the game.

• Thanks 1

Picked up Serial Cleaner and Steamworld Dig 2, the press release mentions Doom, Skyrim etc as being available on card or for download, does that mean the physical versions are on sale too?

With Severed on sale across Wii U, 3DS and Switch, what's the best platform to play it on?

While it would be nice to have everything on Switch, I'm assuming the stylus makes the other versions more enjoyable? Plus, buying it for 3DS would give access to the Wii U version (I'm guessing the Switch version isn't included in the same way..?)

22nd of March Switch releases;

Switch eShop
Attack on Titan 2 (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €69.99 / £54.99)
A.O.T. 2 Deluxe Edition (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €109.99 / £89.99) – Includes Season Pass
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (WayForward, €16.22 / £14.59)
Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut (Digerati, £12.14 until 29th March, regular price £13.49)
Swim Out (Lozange Lab, €5.99 / £5.39)
EAT BEAT DEADSPIKE-san (ARC SYSTEM WORKS, €6.99 / £6.29)
Arcade Archives MOON PATROL (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)
ACA NEO GEO WORLD HEROES 2 JET (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)
Gate Of Doom (FTE Games, €6.99 / £6.99)
Gekido Kintaro’s Revenge (NAPS Team, €14.99 / £13.49)
OPUS: Rocket of Whispers (Flyhigh Works, €8.99 / £6.19)
SOL DIVIDE for Nintendo Switch (Zerodiv, €6.99 / £6.99)
Castle of Heart (7Levels, €14.99 / £13.49)

Switch events
ARMS Global Testpunch (Nintendo, Free) – From 31st March until 2nd of February.

Nintendo Switch Discounts
NO THING (Forever Entertainment, €1.79 / £1.61 until 29th Mar, regular price €1.99 / £1.79)
Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut (Digerati, €13.49 / £12.14 until 29th Mar, regular price €14.99 / £13.49)

Switch Demos
Deep Ones Demo (Sometimes You, Free)
Metropolis: Lux Obscura Demo (Sometimes You, Free)
EAT BEAT DEADSPIKE-san Demo (ARC SYSTEM WORKS, Free)

Switch Pre-Orders
Alteric (Sometimes You, €4.49 / £4.04, regular price €4.99 / £4.49)
Super Rocket Shootout (Plug In Digital, €9.99 / £8.99)
Super Chariot (Microids, €19.99 / £17.99)

Nintendo Switch DLC
A.O.T. 2 : Additional Costumes 16 Piece Set (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €37.99 / £34.19)
A.O.T. 2: Additional Eren Costume: “Bad Boy Outfit” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €3.49 / £3.19)
A.O.T. 2: Additional Mikasa Costume: “Chinese Dress Outfit” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €3.49 / £3.19)
A.O.T. 2: Additional Levi Costume: “Leather Jacket Outfit” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €3.49 / £3.19)
A.O.T. 2: Costume Set “Halloween” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €11.99 / £10.79)
A.O.T. 2: Costume Set “Christmas” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €11.99 / £10.79)
A.O.T. 2: Costume Set “Summer Festival” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, Free)
A.O.T. 2: Costume Set “Japanese New Year” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €11.99 / £10.79)
LEGO® MARVEL Super Heroes 2 – Cloak And Dagger Character and Level Pack (WB Games, €2.99 / £2.50)
WWE 2K18 Enduring Icons Pack (2K, €9.99 / £7.99)
WWE 2K18 NXT Generation Pack (2K, €9.99 / £7.99)
WWE 2K18 New Moves Pack (2K, €3.99 / £3.59)
Pokkén Tournament DXBattle Pack Wave 2 (Nintendo, part of the Season Pass)
Rocket League® – Unlocked Event Crates x1 (Psyonix, €2.11 / £1.87)
Rocket League® – Unlocked Event Crates x5 (Psyonix, €8.45 / £7.52)
Rocket League® – Unlocked Event Crates x10 (Psyonix, €16.91 / £15.04)
Rocket League® – Unlocked Event Crates x20 (Psyonix, €33.83 / £30.09)

Nintendo Switch Spring Into Action Sale – includes these games
ARMS (Nintendo)
DOOM (Bethesda Softworks)
FIFA 18 (Electronic Arts)
Gear.Club Unlimited (Anuman Interactive)
L.A. Noire (ROCKSTAR GAMES)
LEGO® CITY Undercover (WARNER BROS. PICTURES)
Portal Knights (505 Games)
Rocket League® (Psyonix)
Super Bomberman R (Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH)
The Count Lucanor (Merge Games)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® (Bethesda Softworks)
UNBOX: Newbie’s Adventure (Merge Games)
36 Fragments of Midnight (Ratalika Games)
Aegis Defenders (Humble Bundle)
Aperion Cyberstorm (Apriori Digital)
AQUA KITTY UDX (Tikipod )
Astro Duel Deluxe (Panic Button)
ATOMIK: RunGunJumpGun (Gambitious )
Axiom Verge (Thomas Happ Games)
Azure Striker GUNVOLT: STRIKER PACK (Inti Creates)
Binaries (Ant Workshop)
Black Hole (Dufgames)
Blaster Master Zero (Inti Creates)
Bleed(Digerati) Nintendo Switch (Download)
Bloody Zombies(nDreams) Nintendo Switch (Download)
Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King (FDG Entertainment)
Brawlout (Angry Mob Games)
ChromaGun (Pixel Maniacs)
Cat Quest (Pqube)
Coffin Dodgers (Wales Interactive)
Crawl (Powerhoof)
Crypt of the NecroDancer: Nintendo Switch Edition (TranscendSense Technologies)
Dimension Drive (2Awesome Studio)
Disc Jam (High Horse Games)
Don’t Knock Twice (Wales Interactive)
Elliot Quest (Playeveryware)
Fe (Electronic Arts)
Floor Kids (MERJ Media)
Furi (The Game Bakers)
GoNNER (Raw Fury)
Heroes of the Monkey Tavern (Monkey Stories)
IMPLOSION (Flyhigh Works)
INVERSUS Deluxe (Hypersect)
KAMIKO (Flyhigh Works)
Letter Quest Remastered (Digerati)
MIGHTY GUNVOLT BURST (Inti Creates)
Oceanhorn – Monster of Uncharted Seas (FDG Entertainment)
Owlboy (D-pad Studio)
Puzzle Box Maker (Bplus)
Quest of Dungeons (Upfall Studios)
Resident Evil Revelations (CAPCOM)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 (CAPCOM)
RIVE: Ultimate Edition (Two Tribes Publishing)
Rocket Fist (Bitten Toast Games)
Severed (Drinkbox Studios)
Serial Cleaner (Curve Digital)
Shiftlings – Enhanced Edition (RockPocket)
Shu (Coatsink Software)
Splasher (Plug in Digital)
SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form)
SteamWorld Dig 2 (Image & Form)
SteamWorld Heist: Ultimate Edition (Image & Form)
Super Beat Sports™ (Harmonix)
Super Meat Boy (BlitWorks)
Super One More Jump (SMG Studio)
Teslagrad (Rain)
Time Recoil (10tons)
The Jackbox Party Pack 2 (Jackbox Games)
The Mummy Demastered (WayForward)
Thumper (Drool LLC)
Vesta (FinalBoss Games)

Other Nintendo Switch Discounts – includes these games
NO THING
Slayaway Camp: Butcher’s Cut
The Coma: Recut
Slain: Back From Hell
Uurnog Uurnlimited
Farming Simulator Nintendo Switch Edition
Green Game: TimeSwapper
Superola and the Lost Burgers
Millie
Red Game Without a Great Name
Semispheres
Spellspire
The Bridge
Grid Mania

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, nekunando said:

With Severed on sale across Wii U, 3DS and Switch, what's the best platform to play it on?

While it would be nice to have everything on Switch, I'm assuming the stylus makes the other versions more enjoyable? Plus, buying it for 3DS would give access to the Wii U version (I'm guessing the Switch version isn't included in the same way..?)

I enjoyed it very much on 3DS, the map on the top screen is really nice to have available during gameplay. I think the Switch is a bit too bulky for this game to be enjoyed properly as you basically play it with one hand.

Just note that the stylus may scratch your screen a little.

9 hours ago, nekunando said:

Mobile. ;) 

Seriously, I played it on iPad and it was great. Looked lovely and played perfectly without a stylus. I’d say play it on the device which has the biggest/best screen, so if those platforms are your only options I’d personally go with Switch.

The Arcade Archives version of Punch-Out!! will be hitting the Japanese eShop next week. I assume it will be hitting our eShop at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Apparently Football Manager Touch has been rated for the Switch in South Korea so it could be on the way to the platform. I'm a big fan of Football Manager but I only ever tried the 2012 mobile version and wasn't a big fan of it, does anyone here know if it's changed much over the years? It would be a great addition to the Switch's library if the mobile version has got closer to the normal game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killthenet said:

Apparently Football Manager Touch has been rated for the Switch in South Korea so it could be on the way to the platform. I'm a big fan of Football Manager but I only ever tried the 2012 mobile version and wasn't a big fan of it, does anyone here know if it's changed much over the years? It would be a great addition to the Switch's library if the mobile version has got closer to the normal game.

My mate plays the mobile version of the game and actually prefers it to the PC version. He says it keeps things nice and simple, just like back when it was Champ Man. If it turns out a similar version heads to the Switch then i'll be over the moon.

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

My mate plays the mobile version of the game and actually prefers it to the PC version. He says it keeps things nice and simple, just like back when it was Champ Man. If it turns out a similar version heads to the Switch then i'll be over the moon.

Nice, sounds good to me! Could be a very dangerous addition to the Switch's library then, I just hope it doesn't take too much time away from other games.

Picked up Resident Evil: Revelations 2 and Kamiko in the sale. And that's all I will get I reckon.

Floor Kids, Kamiko, Elliot Quest for me and I'm also very tempted by ARMS...

16 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Floor Kids, Kamiko, Elliot Quest for me and I'm also very tempted by ARMS...

You should really get ARMS foor that price! It’s one of the games I regret buying physical because I play it less than I would with a digital version. Same with Mario Kart and Splatoon :(

Edited by markderoos

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The Arcade Archives version of Punch-Out!! will be hitting the Japanese eShop next week. I assume it will be hitting our eShop at the same time.

Day one purchase, I love the series and this is the entry that started the franchise. I didn’t get to play it nearly as much as I’d wanted to.

Thumper and Kamiko for me, so far, in the sales. Played through the first level of Thumper and it is really as good as they say. Great stuff, the weight of the music spells an impending collision of heft. Well worth it. Also looking at picking up Floor Kids, any views on that?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Funny how many of us are saying Kamiko given it was only like four quid before the sale lol

9 hours ago, markderoos said:

You should really get ARMS foor that price! It’s one of the games I regret buying physical because I play it less than I would with a digital version. Same with Mario Kart and Splatoon :(

I just don't think I'll play it that much tbh, but I might give it a go

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Funny how many of us are saying Kamiko given it was only like four quid before the sale lol

I just don't think I'll play it that much tbh, but I might give it a go

If you like multiplayer then I’m sure you’ll like it, it has a lot of depth to it.

The singleplayer is fun for awhile but is not enough to warrant a sale if that’s the only thing you’ll play.

I'll get Fe for sure. May buy Blossom Tales as well. Was hoping that Celeste and Yooka Laylee were on the list as well but alas. A shame that I've already bought Owlboy just a few days ago but that's life, and thankfully it isn't a crazy discount on that.

Edited by MindFreak

I've got Kamiko and Resident Evil 2, but will play it after I finish other games.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, markderoos said:

If you like multiplayer then I’m sure you’ll like it, it has a lot of depth to it.

The singleplayer is fun for awhile but is not enough to warrant a sale if that’s the only thing you’ll play.

That's the thing I don't like multiplayer much at all. 

19 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

That's the thing I don't like multiplayer much at all. 

In that case I wouldn’t buy it. Singleplayer is mostly stuff to help you getting used to the controls and mechanics of the game. Story is as good as non existent.