NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek12.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 12)

The twelth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

Check the article for the full roundup.

- - - - -

Thanks again to @Josh64 for keeping the main page updated with news this week. :smile:

After not much news last week, there have been many news articles within the past couple of days including...

And not one, but two Sonic articles...

sinicorigin.620x0.webp

Sonic Origins Plus Announced

- - - - -

gs7a8e8wgvwgmnkytephr9.620x0.webp

Sonic Frontiers Free Update Available Now

- - - - -

Gotta read fast! :peace:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Chrono Cross finally got a discount so I’ve bought it.

Yeah, I noticed that myself, if I had no backlog of RPG's, I would've bit too.

I figure that by the time I actually get through them, it'll go lower though, so I'm gonna hold out.

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, I noticed that myself, if I had no backlog of RPG's, I would've bit too.

I figure that by the time I actually get through them, it'll go lower though, so I'm gonna hold out.

But Radical Dreamers is only about 2-3 hours long!

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

But Radical Dreamers is only about 2-3 hours long!

I'm really tempted to get it but I'm a bit worried it might be too full on for a relative RPG noob. I haven't played many outside of Pokemon, Paper Mario and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. 

13 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

I'm really tempted to get it but I'm a bit worried it might be too full on for a relative RPG noob. I haven't played many outside of Pokemon, Paper Mario and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. 

Radical Dreamers isn’t an RPG, it’s a text adventure game.  Was previously exclusive to the the JPN-only SNES Satellaview.  Localised into English and re-released for the first time ever with this Switch/PS4/PC collection.

Chrono Cross is a semi-remake/very loose retelling of Radical Dreamers in the form of a traditional RPG that greatly expands on the original story (and arguably not for the better).

If you’re getting this for Chrono Cross and you haven’t played many RPGs? Honestly? I wouldn’t bother.  Its battle system is very esoteric and confusing, and its story and gameplay structure is all over the place.  It is a terrible choice of RPG for a relative RPG newbie.  Also, it’s a sequel to Chrono Trigger, so you really should play that first (though arguably you’re better off not playing CC as it performs some SERIOUS character assassination that will leave a real sour taste in your mouth if you’re a big CT fan).

Radical Dreamers though? I thoroughly enjoyed it! Very unique take on the text adventure that acts as a Survival Horror game of all things! I literally bought the collection just for RD and had no regrets!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Radical Dreamers isn’t an RPG, it’s a text adventure game.  Was previously exclusive to the the JPN-only SNES Satellaview.  Localised into English and re-released for the first time ever with this Switch/PS4/PC collection.

Chrono Cross is a semi-remake/very loose retelling of Radical Dreamers in the form of a traditional RPG that greatly expands on the original story (and arguably not for the better).

If you’re getting this for Chrono Cross and you haven’t played many RPGs? Honestly? I wouldn’t bother.  Its battle system is very esoteric and confusing, and its story and gameplay structure is all over the place.  It is a terrible choice of RPG for a relative RPG newbie.  Also, it’s a sequel to Chrono Trigger, so you really should play that first (though arguably you’re better off not playing CC as it performs some SERIOUS character assassination that will leave a real sour taste in your mouth if you’re a big CT fan).

Radical Dreamers though? I thoroughly enjoyed it! Very unique take on the text adventure that acts as a Survival Horror game of all things! I literally bought the collection just for RD and had no regrets!

Thanks, the battle system is what put me off, I'd watched a few gameplay videos on YouTube to get a feel of it and thought it looked a bit much lol. I do like the sound of the text based adventure, but will leave it until it goes lower (if it does) if I'm just getting it for that. Thanks for the avoid advice though, the last thing I need is another unfinished game in my switch library lol 

• Thanks 1

Looks like I have enough gold coins for Chrono Cross but I think I'll leave it for another sale as I wouldn't be playing it immediately if I get it now. Still toying with getting it off play-asia sometime. Perhaps with EO? ::shrug: 

On 26/03/2023 at 9:36 PM, Josh64 said:

Not going to bombard you with a list, but if you haven't played it, DQ XI is up there with the best of them. If nothing else, check out the demo and see what you think! FF VII is also well worth a look on Switch if it's new to you as it has some added benefits like speed up and full heal at any time so you can rip through it at ease.

So... Platinum Games just put out their April Fools for this year...

It's the next game in their Neo Classic Arcade series.

A side scrolling run n' gun starring their fake Japanese v-tuber mascot, tentatively titled "Pt Spectacular Side-Scrolling Action".

Now, considering that Sol Cresta originally started out as an April Fools joke itself? There's a very good chance that this will actually turn out to be real in the end.  They also put out a corkboard of all of the rest of their upcoming Neo Classic Arcade series of games...

4F_ALL_EN_Rp6qJBP4.png

If we don't end up getting Ultimate Top-View Bastard Action, I'm gonna be very upset now!

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek13.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 13)

The thirteenth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

Thanks to @Josh64 for keeping the main page updated with news this week. :smile:

It has been a slow news week, but there seemed to be a couple of interesting eShop titles, including...

And here is the *Sonic news for this week...

(not including The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog as that's a Steam game, but if/when it comes to Switch... then sure)

fspwrepaaaez8hy.620x0.webp

Sonic Joins Samba De Amigo

- - - - -

That's right, Sonic... dance like your life depends on it! :p

Edited by S.C.G
  • Haha 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek14.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 14)

The fourteenth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

Thanks to @Josh64 for the influx of news articles today. :smile:

Not a bad week for news, not so much regarding the eShop apart from the Mario sale (mentioned in the eShop article) however, there were some pieces of Nintendo news, and information about new game releases, here's this weeks roundup...

Alas, no Sonic news this week, so the new Advance Wars trailer is the main article this week...

advancewars1plus2rebootcampoverviewtrailerbanner.620x0.webp

Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp — Overview Trailer 

- - - - -

War... huh! What is is good for? Nintendo's Q1 profits, apparently. ;)

• Like 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek15.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 15)

The fifteenth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

Thanks to @Josh64 for the new articles yesterday. :smile:

Not much worth mentioning for the news though, so just check out the main page plus this weeks article was later, but there will be more news articles soon. :peace:

• Like 1

'Soon' being TODAY Sammy!! A roundup of the Indie event, next week's free Game Trial and more on the front page now! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

'Soon' being TODAY Sammy!! A roundup of the Indie event, next week's free Game Trial and more on the front page now! 

Indeed, it turned out that today was quite a good day for Nintendo news. :smile:

We are the two-man, "N-Ews team" and between both of our regular article posting, we've got it covered. :peace:

- - - - -

It's also great when forum members post news tips (links to Nintendo news) in the relevant threads, as it's always noticed and appreciated, as that's how a lot of the news is picked up, and then either Josh or I will then get all the info we need either from there, or from other sources, but having it linked in the forum as it happens, keeps us on the news posting, most of the time. :)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek16.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 16)

The sixteenth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

Thanks to @Josh64 for the new articles yesterday. :smile:

Recently posted articles include...

Probably the most notable eShop related article for this week, is the latest trailer for Magical Drop VI which details many new modes...

magicaldropvinewgamemodestrailerbanner.620x0.webp

Magical Drop VI game modes detailed in new trailer

Magical Drop VI is out on April 25, 2023.

Several packs of Free DLC will launch between Mid 2023 and Mid 2024.

- - - - -

• Like 2

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek17.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 17)

The seventeenth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

Thanks to @Josh64 for the new articles over the weekend. :smile:

No real notable articles this week, as it has been quiet, aside from the above articles... but at least The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is out soon. :peace:

• Like 1

I did at least try to put a bit of a 'play it loud' spin on the promotional material by calling it PROMO BLAST lol 

• Thanks 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek18.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 18)

The eighteenth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

Again, not a lot of news, but Tears of the Kingdom will be out soon.

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek19.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 19)

The nineteenth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

Thanks to @Josh64 for the recently posted articles, which include...

A late posting for the eShop news this past week, I'm sure some big game just got released... ::shrug: Ah well, onto next week soon enough.

• Thanks 2

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek20.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 20)

The twentieth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

All up to date on the eShop news, though there isn't much in the way of new releases this week... there are a few sale items, and that's about it.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, S.C.G said:

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek20.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 20)

The twentieth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

All up to date on the eShop news, though there isn't much in the way of new releases this week... there are a few sale items, and that's about it.

Bruh, LEGO 2K Drive looks awesome! Though granted I need to see what the performance is like on Switch!

• Thanks 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek21.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 21)

The twenty-first week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

Quite a busy week for the eShop, and the Switch in general, nice to see a gain in momentum.

• Like 2

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek22.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 22)

The twenty-second week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

Things seem to be picking up again in the news department, with more news likely being that it's June, as E3 may be gone, but its spirit lives on.

• Thanks 1

Summer Sale wave 1 has started

FyKo9q5WIAAKcV2?format=jpg&name=medium

Some decent discounts there. Just bought Lego City Undercover for my son. 

Wave 2 goes live in June 15th.

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1