NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek01.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 01)

The First week of releases for this year, a selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

Check the article for the full roundup.

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek02.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 02)

The Second week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek03.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 03)

The Third week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

• Thanks 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek04.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 04)

The fourth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek05.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 05)

The fifth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek06.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 06)

The sixth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

FpGDcbPakAcAzaY?format=jpg&name=small

New sale this week, with some good titles:

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope -25 %
Bayonetta 2 + Bayonetta -33 %
Just Dance 2023 Edition -25 %
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga -55 %
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition -50 %
Disney Dreamlight Valley -25 %
Sonic Frontiers -30 %
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy -60 %
Persona 5 Royal -30 %
NieR:Automata The End of YoRHa Edition -25 %
Sonic Mania -50 %
No Man's Sky -40 %
Citizen Sleeper -30 %
Rogue Legacy 2 -10 %
Inscryption -25 %
Slay the Spire -60 %
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim -50 %
Ghost Song -20 %
Game Builder Garage -33 %
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order -33 %
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX -33 %
Paper Mario: The Origami King -33 %
A Hat In Time -50 %

Lasts until February 26th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek07.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 07)

The seventh week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

WITH NEWLY ADDED FEATURES

• Save and Load states
  • Replay recording and playback
  • New “Retro Color” screen filters
  • Unlockable cheats
  • Super Playthrough (No Death/Good Ending)

M2 at it again. This time with Cybernator! :o

I remember getting it along with Mickey Mania, Buster Busts Loose and Pop n Twinbee one magical Christmas that I still pinpoint as the moment I stopped being on top of games. The backlog began. Even moving onto the drip feed of the N64 I never went back and got those SNES games properly under control. That's right, I haven't, to this day, been beyond the second level of Cybernator. Sad but true. :santa: 

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek08.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 08)

The eighth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

magicaldropvicomestonintendoswitcheshopbanner.620x0.webp

Magical Drop VI comes to the Nintendo Switch eShop in April

Now up on the main page.

Release date, overview, and trailer.

- - - - -

The Magical Drop titles have been around for a while, there's even a decent GBC port of the original game.

I hadn't even heard of the series until the original Neo Geo versions of the games were released on the Wii Shop Channel... a while ago. This tradition of the games getting released on Nintendo (and other platforms) seemed to continue with the Switch, as the excellent ACA Neo Geo versions of the earlier games have been available for a while including Magical Drop I - IV... I believe.

There is even the SNES version of the second game, available on Nintendo Switch Online, so it's easy to get into at this point, even if you play the game for just five minutes (yeah right...) to see if it's a Puzzle game series that you can get into.

Over a decade ago, Magical Drop V was made... it got released on Steam... it is no longer on Steam, though it's probably for the best.

Now, over a decade later, Magical Drop VI is coming out on the Switch and Steam this April, and this time... it would seem that the series is making a hopefully welcome return. The game is being handled by Forever Entertainment (yes... of Panzer Dragoon remake "fame") but in conjuntion with other studios, plus... it's a puzzle game, so there doesn't seem to be much which can go wrong with this game, especially as lessons seem to have been learned since the last attempt, and this time the game should shine as another excellent entry in the simple but addictive Puzzle game series.

It will seemingly be a full-priced (for a puzzle game) title, at around just under £20, but with all the extra modes etc featured in the trailer, it should prove to be worthwhile. :peace:

And if not... oh well, maybe they'll try again in another decade?

So… err… Bit Trip Collection just came out on Switch out of absolutely nowhere!

Contains all of the 6 original Wii Ware games! Currently on sale for £3.59 :D

• Thanks 1

This... definitely looks like an original experience you can only get on the Switch.

• Like 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek09.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 09)

The ninth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

I know the switch is region free but if I were to buy an Eshop voucher in Japan could I use it on my PAL switch? They've got one for Kirby's Dream Buffet for about £10 and it could be practical and a nice little keepsake but if it's not going to work I won't bother. 

I've checked already and apparently it has an English language option in the Japanese version

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

I know the switch is region free but if I were to buy an Eshop voucher in Japan could I use it on my PAL switch? They've got one for Kirby's Dream Buffet for about £10 and it could be practical and a nice little keepsake but if it's not going to work I won't bother. 

I've checked already and apparently it has an English language option in the Japanese version

You can't use it on your PAL account, but if you were to make a new Japanese based account (I think you change your region in the settings, then make a new account), then you can use that to have a yen based account.
You can then download Kirby's Dream Buffet, and use it just fine with your normal account.

@Dcubed does a similar thing to get the Japanese NSO apps, so it should work here too. Hopefully, he replies quickly to verify it for me.

EDIT: Found a Reddit post with a step by step for how to make a Japanese account. Just substitute buying stuff with a credit card with your game voucher.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Ah sod that, too much trouble for a game I could just buy back home anyway. Just wanted the cute card. 

Afaik, game carts are region free but the codes are not, so as said above, you can redeem the code on your JP account but not your GB account. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

You can access any region eShop on any Switch, but you can only use an eShop card/code/voucher on the matching region’s eShop.  So if you buy a $50 eShop card, you can only use it on the US store, not the UK one.

Anything you purchase in a different region store can be played by any account on that same Switch, regardless of region.  So if you have a Japanese account and you make a purchase on there, you can then play that game using a UK account on that same console.

One neat quirk of the above is that NSO subscriptions apply to all accounts on a given Switch, regardless of region.  So if you have a UK account which has an active NSO subscription, your Japanese account on the same system can then download and use the Japanese NSO NES/SNES/N64 etc apps for free (and you can then play the Japanese games on your UK account if you so wish).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek10.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 10)

The tenth week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek11.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 11)

The eleventh week of releases. A selection of new titles are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

- - - - -

Also, cheers to @Josh64 for keeping the main page updated with news this week. :)

It doesn't seem like there's been a lot of news over the past few days, but all the main articles are there, highlighting the latest NSO Game Trial, all of the recent NSO NES, SNES and Game Boy Updates for March 2023, and the Release Date for Dokapon Kingdom: Connect:peace:

• Like 1