NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

The big Spring eShop Sale has started... Here's a few highlights I've spotted so far...

Super Mario Odyssey, Pikmin 3, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Skyward Sword HD, Astral Chain, Bayonetta 1+2, The World Ends With You: Final Remix and Bravely Default 2 33% off

No More Heroes 3 33% off (FINALLY!!)

Hatsune Miku Megamix £17.49!

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is £12.94!!

Great Ace Attorney Chronicles is £20.45!!!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Gris at 75 %.

From what I can tell, they didn't miss that one, it's in the article.

I personally would've included the other Final Fantasy games as well, instead of just mentioning FFX.

Anyway, what I bought was Resident Evil Mercenaries on the 3DS for 0,99€. And my other purchase might be the DIsney Afternoon Collection on Steam (4,99€), because I don't feel like spending that much. I must admit, this year's Golden Week has many tempting discounts.

• Like 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek12.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 12)

The twelfth week of releases, (from last month) sees 2 retail titles, 32 new digital games, 11 DLC's and 3 demo's added to the eShop.

I've highlighted some of the games which stand out for various reasons.

Highlight / Deal of the Week / Award for... / & Worth checking out

(This (last X5) weeks article was posted almost a couple of weeks on from the last one, the next one will be posted...)

Nobody got the last  "Guess the Videogame song lyrics" which was "Chant This Charm" from Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg.

There's a new guessing game this week... "Guess the Videogame Character"

Guess which videogame character the cropped image in the article is from.

I'll post the answer and/or the name of whoever guessed correctly at the same time as the next article.

Check the article for the full roundup.

• Thanks 3

That looks like an N64 character...

Spoiler

Link wearing the Zora Tunic?

That green section on the bottom left is really throwing me off!

Spoiler

I'm gonna go with Luigi?

Going off blue as the main clothing item, and not picking the same as been picked...

Spoiler

Captain Falcon.

It looks like a belt/belt buckle. Not sure what the green bit is, unless he carried a weapon.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Nobody got the last  "Guess the Videogame song lyrics" which was "Chant This Charm" from Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg.

Lure us in with Sonic then sidestep to Billy Hatcher, eh. 

21 hours ago, S.C.G said:

There's a new guessing game this week... "Guess the Videogame Character"

Guess which videogame character the cropped image in the article is from.

Probably from Sonic R or something ;) but I'll guess that it's... a character from Dual Heroes. :confused: 

Spoiler

Ebisumaru from Mystical Ninja

I feel the character will he someone obvious when it’s finally revealed and I’ll kick myself! 😂

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek13.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 13)

The thirteenth week of releases, (from last month) sees 1 retail title, 31 new digital games, 9 DLC's and 2 demo's added to the eShop.

If I had to pick one game, it would be...

Super Cyborg

(This (last X7) weeks article was posted almost a couple of weeks on from the last one, the next one will be posted...)

Well done to @BowserBasher who got last week's... "Guess the Videogame Character"

It was... Captain Falcon (the original image can be found here)

I'll post the answer and/or the name of whoever guessed correctly at the same time as the next article.

Check the article for the full roundup.

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

It's obviously that Nintendo icon, Kratos from God of War

• Like 1

Street fighter 2 is now free to download for Capcom Arcade Stadium

6 minutes ago, Ike said:

Is Panzer Dragoon worth getting for £2.24?

I can't speak for the Switch version but I played the PS4 version of the game and it was fine. I know when the game launched it had many issues with it but post release patches apparently made the Switch version much more stable. Worth a punt for a couple of quid but just remember the game is only an hour or so long.

1 hour ago, Ike said:

I've been wondering about it too this past week. Can you go ahead and take a punt on it as H-o-T suggests and report back? :) 

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:
Super Sale just started. 

I started looking through this yesterday. Once you filter out the garbage, there seems to be some decent reductions.

Anything catching your eye? I might get around to nabbing the Contra Collection this time.

6 hours ago, Ike said:

If you've never played the original, or don't have access to the original game, then yes.

If you've played the original and still have access to the original game, I'd say stick with that.

The remake is playable, it's just not the same as the original, the soundtrack is still great though, so for £2.24 it's still worth picking up if you want to play it on the Switch.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ike said:

I don't know how much storage you have, but it's somewhere between 8-9GB. Of course you can always archive it after playing it.

55 minutes ago, Dufniall said:

I don't know how much storage you have, but it's somewhere between 8-9GB. Of course you can always archive it after playing it.

:idea: That could be what it was. Last weekend I moved heaven and earth to clear the ~10GB required for Resident Evil so another 8 or 9 wasn't happening.

Abacus Viva GIF - Abacus Viva La - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

Edited by darksnowman

Caved and bought Kaze and the Wild Masks at a 66 % discount. It should be a good 2D platformer.

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

Caved and bought Kaze and the Wild Masks at a 66 % discount. It should be a good 2D platformer.

Thought the game you were referring to was Jet Kave Adventure so good job I looked that up first. Let us know what you think of Kaze. Is there a demo for it?

3 hours ago, MindFreak said:

I've been meaning to buy this for a while now. It's supposed to play just like a Donkey Kong Country game. 

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Looks great.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761118ef28ea41db030ed1

Just been playing the demo... this is absolutely amazing!! :o It's like a mash-up of all of the very best old-school racing games. Pure fun. :D

Bring on the full game. :bouncy:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've been meaning to buy this for a while now. It's supposed to play just like a Donkey Kong Country game. 

It does. It's clearly an homage to the old DKC games, although speedruns don't seem that interesting. There is no move to speed up Kaze and make him or her go further when jumping. But each stage has four letters to collect and two bonus levels. Each island has a hard level unlocked by clearing all bonus levels, and each island has a boss. Sounds familiar? :D

It plays well, it's always my own fault when I die. That's probably the most important criteria for a 2D platformer. I'm not that far into it, though. 

• Like 1