NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

For those interested, the remastered version of the classic Amiga game GODS is getting delisted this week on all platforms. This being the case, the publisher has put it on sale for 89p on both the eShop and PSN.

Hadn't seen that but you're right. GODS Remastered is 89p!

Join the nameless warrior on a dangerous journey through four worlds to defeat the Great Guardians who have stolen the homes of the gods. As a reward you will receive immortality and a place in the eternal hall of fame…

Experience this true-to-original reworked classic "Gods" for the first time with improved controls and frame rate, with save points and an extensive soundtrack. Exciting levels full of monsters and puzzles await you, which you can play either in the original pixel graphics or in a modern 3D mode with an extensive new soundtrack.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/GODS-Remastered-1535292.html#Overview

Extensive new soundtrack? I'm willing to wrap my ears around that for less than a pound.

In other news, it appears I've been made a mug of re: Bastion. I got it no questions asked off the Nintendo webpage and started it up under the pretence I was delving into a 2D platformer! :woops: Believe me, I wasn't long in hopping onto the Switch eShop to check the publisher's page to see what I'm confusing it with... and I'm none the wiser. :laughing: 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

In other news, it appears I've been made a mug of re: Bastion. I got it no questions asked off the Nintendo webpage and started it up under the pretence I was delving into a 2D platformer! :woops: Believe me, I wasn't long in hopping onto the Switch eShop to check the publisher's page to see what I'm confusing it with... and I'm none the wiser. :laughing: 

Were you perhaps thinking of Braid?

0000007895.1920x1080.jpg?t=1515716884

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MindFreak said:

I don't know if they just updated the Youtube-description for this trailer but it that date was already announced in August last year: 

They just said Spring 2022, the actual date wasn't revealed until this Saturday.

10 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Were you perhaps thinking of Braid?

The very thing! Looks like I've got my indie darlings back to front... and it seems that one's not even on the eShop!

• Thanks 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek09.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 09)

The ninth week of releases, (from the other week) sees 2 retail titles, 39 new digital games, 9 DLC's and 6 demo's added to the eShop.

I've highlighted some of the games which stand out for various reasons.

Highlight / Deal of the Week / Award for... / & Worth checking out

(This (last, last, last?) weeks article is a couple of weeks on from the last one, the next one will be posted...)

Well done to @Ike who got last weeks "Guess the Videogame song lyrics" as it was "Can You Feel the Sunshine?" from Sonic R.

There's a new one for this week, I'll post the answer and/or the name of whoever guessed correctly at the same time as the next article.

Check the article for the full roundup.

• Thanks 1

Since it's hardly going to be Sonic related two weeks in a row I'll just have to take a punt and say Just Dance. :D Or perhaps Fifa. 

18 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Since it's hardly going to be Sonic related two weeks in a row I'll just have to take a punt and say Just Dance. :D Or perhaps Fifa. 

Sonic? No. However, it's definitely hedgehog related...:cheeky:

• Thanks 1

Imp of the Sun just released on Switch, trailer:

I must say I really like what I'm seeing. Might pick this up when I'm done with Kirby.

• Like 1

Couple of nice looking trailers popped up in my YouTube feed too. The golf game sounds nice too. :cool: 

• Like 1

On 23/03/2022 at 4:19 PM, S.C.G said:

There's a new one for this week, I'll post the answer and/or the name of whoever guessed correctly at the same time as the next article.

No one posted the answer (H-o-T obviously knew though) so…

Spoiler

I Am… All Of Me, from Shadow the Hedgehog.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ike said:

No one posted the answer (H-o-T obviously knew though) so…

Reveal hidden contents

I Am… All Of Me, from Shadow the Hedgehog.

I actually sent my guess (same as yours) by PM. I thought that was the supposed method. Upon retrospect, the way you did it really was more sensible.

• Thanks 1

3D Zelda-like game XEL just got a new trailer - and will release this summer:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jonnas said:

I actually sent my guess (same as yours) by PM. I thought that was the supposed method. Upon retrospect, the way you did it really was more sensible.

Ohhh, I thought no one was playing.

If correct, this is really putting the n in n-europe. What's next? Revealing that the S in S.C.G stands for Sonic? Shadow?? Sega???

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Heads up @S.C.G.  More Saturn games in-bound for Switch! Including the following…

Layer Section

Galactic Attack

Puzzle Bobble 2X

Puzzle Bobble 3
Elevator Action Returns (OH YES!!!)
Metal Black

Cleopatra Fortune

Akai Katana is also getting a Switch port too! :D

Nice.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, darksnowman said:

How was Elevator Action on the Sega Sadturn, @Dcubed? I mean, Saturn. Pay no heed to my inner fanboy. :laughing: 

It's like the original Elevator Action, except awesome and badass!

Gameplay footage says it all.  It's as fun as it looks.

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek10.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 10)

The tenth week of releases, (from the other... month?) sees 3 retail titles, 30 new digital games, 8 DLC's and 0 demo's added to the eShop.

(This (last, last, last?) weeks article was posted a couple of weeks on from the last one, the next one will be posted...)

Incidentally, I've found a more efficient way to collate all the information, which potentially means subsequent editions may appear sooner.

Well done to @Ike @Hero-of-Time and @Jonnas who got last weeks "Guess the Videogame song lyrics" as it was "I am... All of me" from Shadow the Hedgehog.

(also, thanks for the guesses, you can PM me them if you want, though it's probably best just to put your guess in the thread in a spoiler box)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Oh hey, I know these

Spoiler

It's Captain Falcon's theme from F-Zero GX

Also, I could swear Aztech: Forgotten Gods had already released. Hope it's good, anyway.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Also, I could swear Aztech: Forgotten Gods had already released. Hope it's good, anyway.

It came out 10/03/2022. These eShop roundups have fallen a smidge behind. :) 

I checked some Aztech opinions and sadly it seemed pretty average. :( Not sure if that's changed over the last month through updates.

Spoiler

Sonic and the Black Knight

Yeah, Aztech Forgotten Gods came out a few weeks ago and I bought it immediately but Elden Ring has been hogging all of my gaming time recently so I haven't got around to playing it yet. General impressions of it don't seem to be glowing but Mulaka didn't exactly get rave reviews and I adored that so I'm hopeful I'll still really enjoy it.

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek11.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 11)

The eleventh week of releases, (from the other... month?) sees 2 retail titles, 29 new digital games, 9 DLC's and 1 demo added to the eShop.

(This (last, last, last, last?) weeks article was posted almost a couple of weeks on from the last one, the next one will be posted...)

Well done to @Jonnas who got last weeks "Guess the Videogame song lyrics" as it was "Captain Falcon's Theme" from F-Zero GX.

• Thanks 2