NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

Yeah. Haven't got a mail about cancellation of my pre-order, though. On the contrary, I got a reminder email about it yesterday. Can Russians themselves still buy stuff?

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek07.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 07)

The seventh week of releases, (from the other week) sees 2 retail titles, 32 new digital games, 5 DLC's and 1 demo added to the eShop.

I've highlighted some of the games which stand out for various reasons.

Highlight / Deal of the Week / Award for... / & Worth checking out

(This (last, last) weeks article is a couple of weeks on from the last one, the next one (last weeks, just about) will be posted...)

Check the article for the full roundup.

• Thanks 1

On 05/03/2022 at 6:23 AM, MindFreak said:

Yeah. Haven't got a mail about cancellation of my pre-order, though. On the contrary, I got a reminder email about it yesterday. Can Russians themselves still buy stuff?

Pretty sure this (whether it's an explicit action by Nintendo or a byproduct of other sanctions I do not know) has been done to affect the Russian people rather than just inconvenience foreigners trying to save a buck. 

Guess we'll know by next Friday how it pans out for you. :indeed: 

focusentertainmentpublishersalebanner.620x0.webp

Focus Publisher Sale Has Started on the Nintendo eShop

Various titles from Focus Entertainment are on sale at the moment on the eShop.

Check the article for more details.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Is there a good game between those on sale? Could do with a new game and have my eyes peeled on Ender Lilies which is supposed to be a good Metroidvania. I still have Metro Last Light to play though, but the protagonist is Russian so... 

12 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Is there a good game between those on sale? Could do with a new game and have my eyes peeled on Ender Lilies which is supposed to be a good Metroidvania. I still have Metro Last Light to play though, but the protagonist is Russian so... 

At a glance, the Doom games are on sale if you are in the mood for shooting. I see the SteamWorld games are reduced too.

I've had some of those from previous sales (pre-pandemic!) and haven't played them once yet. :nono: Because of that, I've tried to adopt a buy it and play it practice, but I see something I got in the Christmas/ January sale is down again and I'm yet to touch it. :laughing: eShop sales are the worst... and best.

Narita Boy is another that is on sale. I can't vouch for it, although @S.C.G was championing it around the time of release.

Not sure how much of a collector you are, but there is an Ender Lilies physical edition on the way:ENDER LILIES: Quietus of the Knights getting a physical ...

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek08.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 08)

The eighth week of releases, (from the other week) sees 5 retail titles, 36 new digital games, 12 DLC's and 4 demo's added to the eShop.

I've highlighted some of the games which stand out for various reasons.

Highlight / Deal of the Week / Award for... / & Worth checking out

(This (last, last) weeks article is a couple of weeks on from the last one, the next one (last weeks, just about) will be posted...)

Check the article for the full roundup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, darksnowman said:

I'll hedge my bets and guess the lyrics are from a Sonic game, @S.C.G? ::shrug: :wtf:  

They are indeed, I thought I'd make the first 'guess the videogame music lyrics' a relatively easy one, especially as it's something I just decided to include near the end of each eShop article.

Might as well include something mentally stimulating, rather than ask the same questions repeatedly, as there's only so many ways to rephrase them. :smile:

I'll post the name of the song, and the videogame it's from in the forum post when I upload the next catchup eShop article. :peace:

14 hours ago, S.C.G said:

They are indeed, I thought I'd make the first 'guess the videogame music lyrics' a relatively easy one, especially as it's something I just decided to include near the end of each eShop article.

Might as well include something mentally stimulating, rather than ask the same questions repeatedly, as there's only so many ways to rephrase them. :smile:

I'll post the name of the song, and the videogame it's from in the forum post when I upload the next catchup eShop article. :peace:

I just went with that because of your avatar and sig combo. :heh::yay: Haven't a clue which particular game it might be from! Looking forward to finding out later in the week and seeing what the next brainteaser is.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, darksnowman said:

I just went with that because of your avatar and sig combo. :heh::yay: Haven't a clue which particular game it might be from! Looking forward to finding out later in the week and seeing what the next brainteaser is.

Sonic R

• Thanks 2

LOOOOOL!!! Nintendo are trying to talk me out of my Mario Kart 8 Booster Pass pre-order!!

ND8r3pU.png

Not happening Nintendo.  You're not stopping me from owning it and you're not escaping the middle finger being thrown Mario Kart Tour's way!

• Weird 1

That's a decent thing to do. Most companies would have just taken your money without saying a word.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

That's a decent thing to do. Most companies would have just taken your money without saying a word.

Oh no, absolutely.  I'm shocked that they actually did something so consumer friendly here; no other game publisher/platform holder would do this for sure.

Still funny though.

26 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Money less important than trying to take MK Tour out of the firing line of the middle finger. ::shrug: 

• Haha 1

A new sale is live on the eShop, focussing on Indie Gems. That's probably the reason they have named it the Indie Gems Sale:

H4x1_NintendoeShop_IndieGemsSale_enGB_image1600w.jpg

Hades -35%, Bastion -79%, Streets of Rage 4 -40%, just to name a few.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I love how they say up to 70 % off and then Bastion, which they mention in the tweet, is 80 %. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

I love how they say up to 70 % off and then Bastion, which they mention in the tweet, is 80 %. 

Does that mean Bastion doesn't count as an "indie gem" then?

Harsh...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dufniall said:

A new sale is live on the eShop, focussing on Indie Gems. That's probably the reason they have named it the Indie Gems Sale:

H4x1_NintendoeShop_IndieGemsSale_enGB_image1600w.jpg

Hades -35%, Bastion -79%, Streets of Rage 4 -40%, just to name a few.

Oh please, no... :bouncy:

Just bought Bastion for £1.62.

I had better not have been ripped off.

8 hours ago, bob said:

Just bought Bastion for £1.62.

I had better not have been ripped off.

Best not play it just in case.

Thanks for mentioning it though as I reckon I'll trade some gold coins for it. Won't be letting you know if it's a rip-off or not.

12 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Best not play it just in case.

Thanks for mentioning it though as I reckon I'll trade some gold coins for it. Won't be letting you know if it's a rip-off or not.

You're in for a treat. Bastion is a fantastic game and well worth a couple of quid. Out of all the games Supergiant have made, Bastion is my favourite.

• Thanks 1

I don't know if they just updated the Youtube-description for this trailer but it that date was already announced in August last year: 

For those interested, the remastered version of the classic Amiga game GODS is getting delisted this week on all platforms. This being the case, the publisher has put it on sale for 89p on both the eShop and PSN.