NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek04.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 04)

The fourth week of releases, (just gone) sees 2 retail titles, 40 new digital games, 9 DLC's and 4 demo's added to the eShop.

I've highlighted some of the games which stand out for various reasons.

The headings may change each week but are currently...

Highlight / Deal of the Week / Award for... / & Worth checking out

(This (last) weeks article is later again, the next one (this weeks) will be posted... dreckly) ;)

Check the article for the full roundup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heads up, Nintendo Life are selling eShop cards for 10% off (They have a store now!?!?!)

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/02/nintendo-announces-huge-switch-sale-more-than-1000-games-to-be-discounted

Can confirm that the discount code works and that you can use it more than once! (Remember that Nintendo don't let you add more than £225 worth of eShop credit to your Nintendo Account per day ;))

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The big EU eShop sale has started.  Here's a quick grab bag of the most major titles on sale...

GAA Chronicles
Paper Mario TOK
Luigi's Mansion 3
DKC Tropical Freeze
Mario Kart 8 DX

Hyrule Warriors DE

Splatoon 2 and the Octo Expansion
Monster Hunter Stories 2
Mario Maker 2
Crash 4

Space Invaders Invincible Collection
Persona 5 Strikers
Link's Awakening

Tony Hawks 1+2
Ni No Kuni 2
SMT3 Remaster
Octopath Traveller

Xenoblade 2 and the Expansion Pass
Cruisin' Blast (permanant price drop to £19.99)
Sakuna of Rice & Ruin

All of Nicalis' games
Grandia HD Collection

Taiko Rhythmic Adventure
Lethal League Blaze

Otherwise the rest all seem like the usual suspects.

I am interested in Octopath Traveler, it does not seem that it will go any lower. My problem is that I have it on GamePass, and I don't wanna spend to much money on it because of that. But it looks like a concole game, not a PC game. Tough choice.

Then the Trine Ultimate Collection looks like a great price, as I have never played any of the games.

Smoke and Sacrifice is really cheap, was always interested in the game, but was never sure if I should get it.

Asterix and Obelix XXL 2 and 3 have a good price and I will get it with time as it is always on sale, but it looks interesting.

Beautifull Desolation is also anotherone that looks interesting for this price.

XCOM 2 is also very cheap, but I think I have it on PC (STEAM or EPIC)

Then Super Bomberman R, Slaps and Beans (this has only to do with my childhood :D)

God Eater 3 (at least on the US eshop is also cheap).

My only problem is that I have such a big backlog that I am not sure if I should spend any money on games right now (only the MK 8DLC, or the improved online subscription).

I hope to get some help here :)

Edited by Kounan

X:COM 2 at £4 is an absolute no brainer if you haven't played it. Brilliant game with brilliant addon content included.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shorty said:

X:COM 2 at £4 is an absolute no brainer if you haven't played it. Brilliant game with brilliant addon content included.

I've just checked, I have it on Steam (my nephew actually, but we share the libraries).

19 hours ago, Kounan said:

My only problem is that I have such a big backlog that I am not sure if I should spend any money on games right now (only the MK 8DLC, or the improved online subscription).

I hope to get some help here :)

I'd say, look at how much you expect to play the Switch in the near future, set yourself a rough budget and go from there. I'm talking to myself here as I have several games from previous eShop sales from the year before last and further back that I'm yet to boot up once. :blank: The eShop has constant sales so games can always be got on the cheap again at a later date.

17 hours ago, Shorty said:

Great shout. The file size (24997.00 MB) is eye-watering though. My Switch would be bulging at the seams if I tried to get that into it. 

@Dcubed Help me out here--I'm drawing a blank on GAA Chronicles. There could well be a game chronicling the GAA, but if there was it doesn't look like it would fit with the rest of the list you've seen fit to highlight. ::shrug: 

---------------------------------

I noticed A Boy and His Blob is on sale. Definitely worth checking out for anyone who didn't have it on Wii. 

3 hours ago, darksnowman said:

I'd say, look at how much you expect to play the Switch in the near future, set yourself a rough budget and go from there. I'm talking to myself here as I have several games from previous eShop sales from the year before last and further back that I'm yet to boot up once. :blank: The eShop has constant sales so games can always be got on the cheap again at a later date.

Great shout. The file size (24997.00 MB) is eye-watering though. My Switch would be bulging at the seams if I tried to get that into it. 

@Dcubed Help me out here--I'm drawing a blank on GAA Chronicles. There could well be a game chronicling the GAA, but if there was it doesn't look like it would fit with the rest of the list you've seen fit to highlight. ::shrug: 

---------------------------------

I noticed A Boy and His Blob is on sale. Definitely worth checking out for anyone who didn't have it on Wii. 

Great Ace Attorney Chronicles.

• Thanks 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek05.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 05)

The fifth week of releases, (from over a week ago) sees 1 retail title, 43 new digital games, 6 DLC's and 2 demo's added to the eShop.

(This (last) weeks article is later again, the next one (this weeks, just about) will be posted... soon)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

I just recently found out that Puzzle Quest got a Switch exclusive remake (with all new content!) and now I'm horribly addicted all over again.  Please send help!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yup. Amazing game. It was in my top 10 games from last year.

Amazing, eh? :o How would you say it measures up against Shovel Knight, for example?

27 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Amazing, eh? :o How would you say it measures up against Shovel Knight, for example?

Hard to say as they are very different games. Cyber Shadow is a lot faster and more difficult but much more satisfying. Shovel Knight is a more easy going experience. I love them both.

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Hard to say as they are very different games. Cyber Shadow is a lot faster and more difficult but much more satisfying. Shovel Knight is a more easy going experience. I love them both.

I think Shovel Knight is pretty difficult. :( 

Just now, darksnowman said:

I think Shovel Knight is pretty difficult. :( 

I don't recommend that you play Cyber Shadow then. :D 

• Sad 1

I nabbed a couple of games from the current sale including INSIDE (£1.79) and LIMBO (£0.89). I've played through Inside and I'll tell you what, that was an experience. Wow. The hairs on the back of my neck barely had a chance to fall flat between chills. Spine-tingling.

On 15/02/2022 at 4:25 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

I don't recommend that you play Cyber Shadow then. :D 

Fired Shovel Knight up again and it's something about the way he jumps off ladders and the momentum from conveyors and moving platforms that isn't second-nature to me. :( 

• Like 2

Inside is a special game, seems like it's been years since we last heard from Playdead about their next game 

• Like 1

On 18/02/2022 at 10:31 AM, darksnowman said:

I nabbed a couple of games from the current sale including INSIDE (£1.79) and LIMBO (£0.89). I've played through Inside and I'll tell you what, that was an experience. Wow. The hairs on the back of my neck barely had a chance to fall flat between chills. Spine-tingling.

I loved both of those games, if you can call them games, I'd put them more as an interactive experience. But yeah great atmospheric games and great prices.

Limbo is more of a game with actual puzzles and challenges, I enjoyed that. Inside was more of an interactive show where you more or less just push right. It didn't really click with me.

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek06.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 06)

The sixth week of releases, (from over a week ago) sees 1 retail title, 46 new digital games, 9 DLC's and 3 demo's added to the eShop.

(This (last) weeks article is a week on from the last one, the next one (this weeks, just about) will be posted... soon... potentially.)

Edited by S.C.G

I bought the MK8 Booster Pack from my Russian eShop account. It was 2075 rubles. I'm a bit interested to see if that transaction actually goes through and how much I actually end up paying. The price in rubles is locked but the currency conversion is not. Or if my bank will even allow it at this time. It hasn't been a problem previously. (I had some gold points on the extra account that "lives" in Russia that I wanted to use).

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Nintendo eShop

Due to the fact that the payment service used in Nintendo eShop has suspended the processing of payments in rubles, Nintendo eShop in Russia is temporarily placed into maintenance mode.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We will share updates as the situation develops.

https://www.nintendo.ru/-/-Nintendo--11593.html

Might be time to explore other options, @MindFreak. :(