NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

On 26/09/2021 at 10:54 PM, S.C.G said:

content-4-36562-blossomtalesiibanner.jpg

Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince announced for Nintendo Switch

Now up on the main page.

A sequel to the original Blossom Tales which was heavily influenced by top-down Zelda games.

As it happens, the original game is currently only £3.37 as it has 75% off until 07/10/2021.

At that price, the original would seem to be worth checking out if you're interested.

I used to own the physical version on Switch but never played it.

At that price though, and with news of a sequel, it seems worth buying potentially.

- - - - -

Wow awesome, the original was fantastic.

content-4-36586-image0.jpg

Big eShop sale incoming. I already see a nice discount for THPS1+2, for those who are interested in that one. The press release can be found on the frontpage!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Is there anything really good in that Cyber Deal? 

I just had a look, nothing of any real interest which would persuade me to buy anything on the eShop right away.

But then, I'm not as interested in games as I used to be, so this isn't that surprising to me. :p

I did see plenty of 'good deals' as in games which are likely decent and would be worth buying at the sale price.

The collection of Castlevania Advance titles is now around £14... the recently launched Gynoug is around £4... It's an old horizontally-scrolling shooter which I've played on the Sega Mega Drive during the Nineties, it's a decent game, and this multiplatform digital port looks solid, it's certainly cheaper than buying an original cart, and the main difference I can see just from looking at the video, is that the audio isn't the same as the original, but then it wouldn't be, if you're not playing it on a Mega Drive, but it's still good enough that if you'd never played the game before, you could still enjoy it... the controls have apparently been revamped, plus it's a challenging title from what I can recall of it, in addition to having a really unique aesthetic. :peace:

There are surely plenty of bargains, though I'd advise looking at them via the online store in a web browser, as opposed to on the eShop as it takes a fair while just to load the next few titles when you're scrolling through, I quit out of the eShop after looking through a few hundred titles, and only about maybe five games or so really stood out... it really depends on what kind of digital distraction you're looking for though, if you like shmups, there are plenty of good scrolling shooters I saw on sale, nearly all of the Sega Ages titles are on sale again etc...

In summary... there are good deals, if they are the games that you're looking for, but if not... then there are no good deals. :heh:

Hmm, nothing jumped out to me, although I did notice that Blossom Tales has been reduced again. @Ronnie’s positive comments have gotten me tempted. Worth it?

27 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

Hmm, nothing jumped out to me, although I did notice that Blossom Tales has been reduced again. @Ronnie’s positive comments have gotten me tempted. Worth it?

If you like A Link to the Past I think you'll love it.

• Thanks 1

INSIDE was at 1,99€, which was the lowest/most surprising one I saw. I also saw Super Punch Patrol (small indie game from the Gunman Clive devs) on my wishlist for 0,99€, which I may go for.

But there were also plenty of 50-60% deals (like Okami, Dark Souls, AI Somium Files, and plenty of Indies). Might be worth it to check your wishlist.

Had some more time this morning and found a little - went to page 17 and then couldn't be bothered anymore.

Hades -33 %
Transistor -80 %
Bastion -80 %
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes -50 %
Castlevania Advance Collection -25 %
Castlevania Anniversary Collection -80 %
Crash-spillene - Team Racing / Trilogy / 4 -60 % / -50 % / -25 %
Bravely Default II -33 %
Blossom Tales -80 %
Panzer Dragon Remake -75 %
Tales of Vesperia -75 %
Inside, Limbo -80 %
Batman Telltale -75 %
Batman The Enemy Within -75 %
Ghostrunner -60 %
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy -33 %
Slay the Spire -60 %
Cruis 'n Blast -40 %
Katana ZERO -40 %
To the moon -30 %
Aziom Verge -50 %
Axiom Verge 2 -10 %
Maneater -50 %
Shantae Half-Genie Hero -50 %
OlliOlli Switch Stance -80 %
Cris Tales -33 %
Kentucky Route Zero -33 %
Kaze and the Wild Masks -33 %

Hope this helps some of you. The percentages are circa, I just did it in my head.

Edited by MindFreak
  • Thanks 3

Another massive eShop sale is live with 1900+ games on sale. No More Heroes 1 and 2 both 50% off. Bloodstained 60%. Steamworld Dig 2 70%. Just to name a few!

Edited by Vileplume2000
  • Thanks 4

The Talos Principle is heavily discounted so I finally picked that up. Seem to be quite a few games discounted for the first time too, kind of tempted to go for The House In Fata Morgana after all the buzz it's received

Welp, and here I had bought some games for GOG already... fine, I'll check this one out.

Just went to page 20 on Nintendo.co.uk with percentage discount in descending order and found these:

Saints Row 4: -93 %
Super Bomberman R: -85 %
This War of Mine -91 %
Syberia 2 -93 %
Giana Sisters -96 %
Ageless -90 %
UTOPIA 9 -90 %
Oxenfree -90 %
Syberia 3 -90 %
Torchlight III -85 %
Gear.Club Unlimited -85 %
Lego Marvel Super heroes 2 -80 %
The Talos Principe -80 %
The Banner Saga -80 %
The Banner Saga 2 -80 %
HOB -80 %
SteamWorld -60-80 % (all of them)
Syberia -80 %
Guacamelee -80 %
Calculator -80 %
Indivisible -75 %

Also, Ender Lilies is discounted but only by 25 %. I've been looking at that, it's supposed to be a superb Metroidvania. Might pick up The Talos Principle and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 for my son.

Edit: Bought those two games just now. Christmas is saved!

Edited by MindFreak
  • Thanks 5

Caved in and bought Worms WMD and Super Bomberman R, both for multiplayer purposes. Talos Principle must wait for now, as I have enough single-player backlog already..

aspireinastalelaunchtrailerbanner.620x0.webp

Aspire: Ina's Tale is out now on the Nintendo Switch eShop

Now up on the main page.

Press release and launch trailer, plus this title is currently 25% off until 16/01/2021.

There should be a full N-Europe review of this game available on the main page soon.

(It will likely be the first N-E review for 2022)

• Thanks 1

On 26/12/2021 at 1:10 AM, S.C.G said:

aspireinastalelaunchtrailerbanner.620x0.webp

Aspire: Ina's Tale is out now on the Nintendo Switch eShop

Now up on the main page.

Press release and launch trailer, plus this title is currently 25% off until 16/01/2021.

There should be a full N-Europe review of this game available on the main page soon.

(It will likely be the first N-E review for 2022)

Thanks!  Looking forward to the review of this.  The trailer has me interested as I like the sense of atmosphere and art style (When I first saw the visual design thought it was by Ustwo, the Monument Valley developers, but obviously it’s not).

The trailer makes it seem a little easy and relaxing, while hints at an enemy chasing you in sections, so I await the review to find out how it actually plays. Colour me intrigued!

• Thanks 1

Am I the only person who is getting to the point where I am seriously turning down games that take the piss with their storage requirements?

Like DMC1 on Switch... It's £7.99 at the moment... but the real cost is the whacking 9.4GB of storage space that it eats up!! Like... What the fuck!? Why does it take up so much damn space!?!? It's a PS2 game FFS!

I've only got 170GB of my 1TB SD Card left now, and have literally no expansion options left since there isn't anything bigger on the market currently available!

Edited by Dcubed

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek51.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 51)

Last weeks eShop releases, featuring a few interesting highlights...

Arcade Archives: Xexex is a horizontally scrolling shooter game from *Konami. 

Pure Chase 80's appears to be a high-octane arcade racing title which pays homage to classic racing games.

Check the article for the full roundup.

*(The words Konami and game in the same sentence?!?) ;)

Just went through the eShop sales last night and it has updated again. :blush:

Red Faction for £1.79 @ 93% off until 12/01/2022 is a standout so far in this round.
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-games/Red-Faction-Guerrilla-Re-Mars-tered-1584323.htmlitch games | Games | Nintendo

I have it for Gamecube so I'm not too interested but if someone says it's amazing my ears are open. 

Still sifting. 

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek01.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 01)

First week of new releases on the eShop for this year.

It seems to be mostly Platformers, Puzzle Games and a 3D Retro-Styled Beat 'em Up, amongst other titles.

• Like 1

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek02.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 02)

This second week of releases, (just gone) sees 17 new digital games, 5 DLC's and 4 demo's added to the eShop.

There are some Platformers, Fighting Games, and a cel-shaded Racing title.

Highlight this week is the shmup Eschatos, which seems to be a solid title for just over £20, lncluding two extra Wonderswan shmups as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek03.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 03)

The third week of releases, (just gone) sees 53 new digital games, 7 DLC's and 3 demo's added to the eShop.

I've highlighted some of the games which stand out for various reasons.

The headings may change each week but currently...

Main Highlight / Deal of the Week / Award for... / Worth reading the writeup / & Looking for this?

(I'm expanding the write-ups, while finalising the format, this (last) weeks is later again, the next one (this weeks) will probably be posted sooner)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 28/01/2022 at 11:55 PM, S.C.G said:

newreleasesandeshopdiscountsbannerweek03.620x0.webp

Nintendo eShop new releases (week 03)

The third week of releases, (just gone) sees 53 new digital games, 7 DLC's and 3 demo's added to the eShop.

I've highlighted some of the games which stand out for various reasons.

The headings may change each week but currently...

Main Highlight / Deal of the Week / Award for... / Worth reading the writeup / & Looking for this?

(I'm expanding the write-ups, while finalising the format, this (last) weeks is later again, the next one (this weeks) will probably be posted sooner)

I enjoyed the “This is a game!?” award/mention.  With so many games each week, with many of ‘variable’ quality, I think you can have some fun writing mention of these kind of games! 😃

• Thanks 1

On 31/01/2022 at 9:53 AM, WackerJr said:

I enjoyed the “This is a game!?” award/mention.  With so many games each week, with many of ‘variable’ quality, I think you can have some fun writing mention of these kind of games! 😃

:laughing: I imagine @S.C.G is pulling his hair out right now going through the new releases. "HOW IS THIS A GAME??!" :angry: :blank::cry:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Math-Gym-2103022.html

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

:laughing: I imagine @S.C.G is pulling his hair out right now going through the new releases. "HOW IS THIS A GAME??!" :angry: :blank::cry:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Math-Gym-2103022.html

Math Gym is certainly a strong candidate for next weeks article. (this weeks releases)

As for this week's article (last week's releases) which will likely be up on the site later.

This title is looking like it will win the "award"...

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Starlight-Shores-2163974.html#Overview

• Confused 1

On 03/02/2022 at 3:57 PM, S.C.G said:

Math Gym is certainly a strong candidate for next weeks article. (this weeks releases)

As for this week's article (last week's releases) which will likely be up on the site later.

This title is looking like it will win the "award"...

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Starlight-Shores-2163974.html#Overview

I watched the trailer for that and it just looks like naff. :nono: 

And the winner of the snog, marry, avoid award goes to...

• Thanks 1