NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

6 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

That's good to hear. I was hoping yourself or @Grazza would comment. :)

If you liked Ys VIII then you'll like this, it's a bit more condensed version. There isn't as much variety in areas due to "story" reasons, but I liked the cast, I thought the story was pretty interesting and gameplay is typical Ys style. It did feel a bit cutscene heavy at the start of the game, and you're fairly restricted were you can go, again due to "story" reasons but it opens up.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, darksnowman said:

In other news, I ponied up for Metro: Last Light Redux which is down to £2.24 until 27th June.

Cheers. Enjoyed the first game (though it was very dark) on Switch last year, so picked this up now for me to play later. Don't have the time for story-heavy games at the moment so will look for something more piick up and play as well. Hades might be that game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Cheers. Enjoyed the first game (though it was very dark) on Switch last year, so picked this up now for me to play later. Don't have the time for story-heavy games at the moment so will look for something more piick up and play as well. Hades might be that game.

I've tried Last Light Redux and it is dark as sin. :o Might need to look at my brightness settings. 

At least we finally got a response.  Was really annoyed when it disappeared before I got a chance to buy it!

Hopefully not too long until it comes back.  I want this game (and all of the other CAVE shumps) on Switch so bad!! My Flipgrip is CRYING for this game!!!

Edited by Dcubed

On 17/06/2021 at 6:38 AM, MindFreak said:

If you haven't got it already, and you're still after something that isn't story-heavy, Calculator is 80% off at £1.61 until 14th of July!

On 23/06/2021 at 2:33 PM, Dcubed said:
At least we finally got a response.  Was really annoyed when it disappeared before I got a chance to buy it!

Hopefully not too long until it comes back.  I want this game (and all of the other CAVE shumps) on Switch so bad!! My Flipgrip is CRYING for this game!!!

No sign of Mushihimesama. :( 

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

On 22/06/2021 at 10:34 AM, darksnowman said:

Out today with 10% off until 5th July. Anyone getting it?

Once upon a time, I would have been all over this but I've checked some footage and I think I'm good at the moment. 

Being a fan of the original, I was really excited for this, what with the promise of enhancements and new levels. Seeing the footage and disappointing review on Nintendolife has given me second thoughts sadly...

Ender Lilies is supposedly a really good Metroidvania. 

Put it on my wish list for me to pick up later. 

• Thanks 1

OMG!! Dicey Dungeons is just SICK! This game is the tits!! :D 

If you even remotely enjoy roguelikes and enjoy fun? You owe it to yourself to play this game!!

50 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

If you even remotely enjoy fun..

Oh no.. I wouldn't be in for that sort of thing at all!

• Haha 3
  • Weird 1

Am I correct in believing you can't gift someone else anything (credit or game)? And to complicate matters it would be cross-regions. 

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Am I correct in believing you can't gift someone else anything (credit or game)? And to complicate matters it would be cross-regions. 

According to Nintendo, there is currently no way to gift either a game or credit to someone else.

The next best thing would probably be an eShop gift card, but then that would make it either more or less than the value of the game, and the cards are region-based, I believe.

It might be easier to PayPal them enough money for the game, again, not quite the same but, it's a possibility.

If PayPal isn't an option then... cash? And if that isn't an option then... ::shrug:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

Just now, S.C.G said:

According to Nintendo, there is currently no way to gift either a game or credit to someone else.

The next best thing would probably be an eShop gift card, but then that would make it either more or less than the value of the game, and the cards are region-based, I believe.

It might be easier to PayPal them enough money for the game, again, not quite the same but, it's a possibility.

Yeah I'll probably end up having to do that but wanted to do it as a surprise. Might get their husband involved though. 

It's strange, as it's something you might have thought would be possible on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

It was possible on the Wii eShop... though, I know... different infrastructure, points only.

Maybe it hasn't been added to the eShop because Nintendo doesn't want the liability for if/when something goes wrong with it?

Too many hypotheticals, but there's clearly a demand for such a feature to be included... I know you can gift on Steam... though I'm not sure if you can on any of the main consoles.

Plus given review codes are given via the eShop you'd figure they could use the same kind of structure for that (someone pays, which generates a code that either then goes to the recipient or the payee and they pass it on).

• Thanks 1

You can buy digital codes for some games from the Nintendo UK store as well, but that's limited to a small number of games that are also available physically.

Amazon (and I imagine other online stores) also sell digital copies of games, so you can buy something there, text whoever the code, and still keep it a surprise until the game starts downloading.

Unfortunately it's not a game released physically. But alas, I'm used to having to work around Nintendial-up-modem. 

Heads up @darksnowman.  Mushihimesama is finally back up on the EU eShop! :D 

And yes, it plays beautifully with the Flipgrip! :D 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 2

For those who haven't seen it yet, @Dcubed wrote a review for Dicey Dungeons, it's up on the frontpage.

It piqued my interest, and I just noticed it is currently 50% off in the eShop for those interested!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Oh! Knew I forgot something! Cheers for the shameless plug @Vileplume2000

But yeah, it's amazing.  It's a Switch console exclusive and it's one of the absolute best games on the system.  And it's 50% off!? Go buy the crap out of it RIGHT NOW!!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

It definitely looks like a D(ice)Cubed kind of game.

But who in N-Europe would, like, like rogueli-

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

It's a Switch console exclusive

Ah, fuck. Good thing you said so, I was about to cheekily tag Drahkon! But he no longer Switches, iirc.

3 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

It definitely looks like a D(ice)Cubed kind of game.

But who in N-Europe would, like, like rogueli-

Ah, fuck. Good thing you said so, I was about to cheekily tag Drahkon! But he no longer Switches, iirc.

It's on PC as well (Came out on PC first; came to Switch afterwards).  Is also coming to mobile eventually.

• Thanks 1