NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

Picked up Yoku's Island Express for about £2.50 in the sale.

Nice little metroidvania / pinball adventure game.

Pretty short though story wise. Almost finished the story after a day or so. Still have alot of collectables and stuff to get though.

• Like 3

Original Shantae is available and you can enable GBA enhancements.

• Thanks 3

Nice, but what they say in that tweet isn't entierly true...

3DS had every Shantae game playable on it until Half Genie Hero was released much later.

11 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Nice, but what they say in that tweet isn't entierly true...

3DS had every Shantae game playable on it until Half Genie Hero was released much later.

Theoretically the same can be said for the Game Boy Color/Game Boy Advance. As it only had the first Shantae on it, so that's the whole series. ;)

• Haha 3

Woah!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cotton-2-cotton-boomerang-guardian-force-saturn-tribute-collection-announced-for-switch-ps4.415074/

ztUm2XG.png

OZHQqCF.png

@S.C.G Well isn't this a nice surprise! :D 

Hopefully we can get some more surprise SEGA Saturn ports going up in here! :hehe:

Edit:  Seems to be running on a Saturn emulator!

Ezwsv4wX0AMb_Ka?format=jpg&name=medium

Hopefully that means that more Saturn games will be to follow!  Gimme that Saturn goodness SEGA!!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@S.C.G Well isn't this a nice surprise! :D 

Hopefully we can get some more surprise SEGA Saturn ports going up in here! :hehe:

It most certainly is. :smile:

It looks like that physical edition is Japanese only for now, but being that SLG had a physical version pre-order for the Cotton reboot, they might pick this up as well.

Either way, I decided to not bother owning that many physical Switch games any more, though if this collection of three excellent Saturn shmups is available digitally for around £20? Then it's quite possible that I would buy it, I've only ever played the Neo Geo Pocket Color version of the original Cotton, and just going by that, this collection will be worth buying. :peace:

As for other Sega Saturn ports? There are plenty of worthwhile titles, though assuming that Sega first-party titles won't be part of these licensed collections, I reckon other shmup/arcade compilations are a possibility at least... what about a Treasure collection? Guardian Heroes, Sillohette Mirage and Radiant Silvergun, that'd do pretty well I reckon.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

It most certainly is. :smile:

It looks like that physical edition is Japanese only for now, but being that SLG had a physical version pre-order for the Cotton reboot, they might pick this up as well.

Either way, I decided to not bother owning that many physical Switch games any more, though if this collection of three excellent Saturn shmups is available digitally for around £20? Then it's quite possible that I would buy it, I've only ever played the Neo Geo Pocket Color version of the original Cotton, and just going by that, this collection will be worth buying. :peace:

As for other Sega Saturn ports? There are plenty of worthwhile titles, though assuming that Sega first-party titles won't be part of these licensed collections, I reckon other shmup/arcade compilations are a possibility at least... what about a Treasure collection? Guardian Heroes, Sillohette Mirage and Radiant Silvergun, that'd do pretty well I reckon.

I wouldn't be surprised if this collection is using an official Saturn emulator from SEGA/M2.  Considering that we already know that M2 already have a Naomi/Dreamcast emulator up and running on Switch? And that SEGA previously hinted at Saturn games coming to SEGA AGES? I would imagine that M2 were also working on a Saturn emulator while working on the SEGA AGES series.

SEGA also included the original System 16 version of Cotton with the Astro City Mini; so they have an established relationship with Success/City Connection too.

If that's the case? We could well be seeing more Saturn titles from SEGA and others following this :) 

Either way? All three of these games are legit rare and cost an absolute BOMB on Saturn (£250 is really the floor any of these three games on eBay!); so it's fantastic to see them get re-released at last! :D 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 2

Wahey!!

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/04/deathsmiles_collection_brings_more_shoot_em_up_action_to_switch_in_2021

Deathsmiles 1&2 are coming to Switch! About damn time that we started seeing some of Cave’s shmups start heading to Switch!

Too bad that they’re two of my least favourite Cave shmups, but hey! It’s a start!

Hopefully it paves the way for the likes of Mushihimesame Futari! :D 

• Thanks 1

Demo for the amazing game that is Miitopia is now up on the eShop. Your data will carry over to the main game.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Demo for the amazing game that is Miitopia is now up on the eShop. Your data will carry over to the main game.

Price Ninty are asking is a bit steep, but definitely recommend giving the demo a go!

Make sure you transfer a few decent Miis over from your Wii / Wii U. Much better playing with people you know or celebrities. 

Calculator comes to Switch tomorrow. At a hefty £8.09! No trailer has been released. But it's got a scientific mode! I do hope they have added achievements for longevity.

• Haha 5

Hello there!

Beautiful Desolation 

content-2-36516-beautifuldesolationsidebox.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, a story-driven game set in a post-apocalyptic South Africa got released, and I wrote a review for it. Sadly, I was unable to get the review up in time for said release, but I assure you, this review is still quite fresh. If you are wondering if this peculiar sci-fi tale is for you, feel free to check out my N-E review by clicking the image above :)

Edited by Jonnas
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Has anyone else been having issues downloading updates or software recently?  For the past few days I get an error message on any download or when attempting to update a game.

I’m getting error code 2123-1502.

A quick search suggests there could be an issue with the latest Switch ‘stability’ update. Is anyone else getting this? If so, has anyone found a solution?

1 minute ago, WackerJr said:

Has anyone else been having issues downloading updates or software recently?  For the past few days I get an error message on any download or when attempting to update a game.

A quick search suggests there could be an issue with the latest Switch ‘stability’ update. Is anyone else getting this? If so, has anyone found a solution?

Yeah, this is a problem a lot of people are having.

I find that continuously hitting retry will get it through eventually. For now, we'll just have to wait until Nintendo release a fix.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

From what I understand, the problem is server-side so if you persist with the retries it should eventually work.

I hope they get this resolved really soon because I am locked and loaded for the post-E3 Direct eShop sale!

• Thanks 1

E3 sale is on. :yay: 

Shiren the Wanderer is on sale for the first time since release. 20% off at £14.39.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, darksnowman said:

There's a demo up for Ys IX: Monstrum Nox ahead of the July 9th EU release.

Well, unless I missed something substantial, this isn't a great demo but the gameplay seems pretty good. 
:peace:

8 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Well, unless I missed something substantial, this isn't a great demo but the gameplay seems pretty good. 
:peace:

I've played the PS4 version, it's a good game.

• Thanks 1