NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Well, the gameplay itself can actually involve quite a lot of waiting too (you increase the rate at which your weapons level up by simply standing next to them :grin:) but yeah, good idea to check the demo first. Just keep in mind the performance of the demo is not exactly indicative of how it is in the full game.

Just bought it. The game + DLC is 1€ cheaper when using the Norwegian eShop :D Also had some gold points left in that region, so in total I spent 3.50€ for everything :peace: 

• Like 1

There were rumblings on Era last week that this was happening so it's good to see it finally confirmed.

I'm hoping Kunio-kun's Nekketsu Soccer League is just the World Cup game that was on the NES. I absolutely loved that game as a youngster.

content-4-36133-kuniokunretrobrawlerbundlebanner.jpg

Double Dragon & Kunio Kun Retro Brawler Bundle announced for the Nintendo Switch

Double Dragon & Kunio Kun Retro Brawler Bundle from Arc System Works is coming to the Nintendo eShop on February 20, 2020.

That's one heck of a compilation and although I played a lot of them on the Wii VC, you can bet I'll buy them all again on the Switch. :D

Just... someone make a physical copy and I'm there. ;)

• Thanks 1

In case you didn't know:

"Up to 75% off", i.e. Mario+Rabbids will be 75% off, the rest 33% max :p 

• Haha 3

Yet another brilliant sale on the eShop! Plenty of big games with big discounts

26 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Plenty of big games with big discounts

Yeah, no. Probably up to 33 % off on most titles and then one odd title with 75 % off - as @drahkonsuggested.

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Yeah, no. Probably up to 33 % off on most titles and then one odd title with 75 % off - as @drahkonsuggested.

"Yeah, no." ? 

Sorry I didn't realise a third off a game isn't a big discount. :indeed:

Spyro is 50% off, Rayman is 75% off, CTR is 50% off. Yooka-Laylee 66% off. South Park is 63% off. 

A far cry from his suggestion that Nintendo never ran any sales on their eShop. It feels like there's one every month. 

Edited by Ronnie

Of course 33 % is a fine but not a big discount. However, given that the games* are 2+ years old they should have reached at least 50 % off by now. I'm not saying the games are not good, not that they don't deserve to be sold at a decent price, and that gamers are spoiled by app and free games and thus want games dirt cheap now. I'm just saying that historically, sales on Nintendo's own games are disappointing compared to other publishers' sales. 33 % on Fire Emblem: Three Houses is nice and to be expected.

*BotW, Odyssey, Super Mario Party, MK8DX, ...

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 2

My biggest issue with Nintendo's eShop sales is that their standard RRP is so expensive that 33% off (or similar) just brings them in line with other retailers standard prices.

• Like 1

Bit the bullet on Crash and Spyro trilogies. Would have preferred them physical but when I was back home in December I couldn’t find either of them for <£30. I was reluctant to pay that because the Xbox and PS4 versions were way cheaper. 

Anyway, both for £30 seems fair. I have fond memories of Spyro 1. Never really had much time with Crash. 

That’s me up to 120 games now. 20 rows of icons. I’ll be long dead before the backlog is complete. 

Edit: The camera is Spyro is offensively bad. :nono:

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Online F2P FPS Warface from Crytek (Crysis-games) has been released without warning on the eShop.

• Like 1

content-4-36147-arafellbanner.jpg

Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition is coming to the Switch on March 26th

Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition is a 16-Bit style JRPG which is developed by Stegosoft Games, published by Dangen Entertainment and is coming to the Switch on March 26th, 2020.

content-4-36148-stelabanner.jpg

Stela will be released on the Nintendo Switch eShop on March 13th

Stela is an atmospheric action-platformer which is developed by SkyBox Labs and is coming to the Nintendo Switch eShop on March 13th, 2020.

Check the articles on the main site for details and trailers. :D

• Thanks 1

So, Vitamin Connection is out now. Only seen one review so far, a 9/10 from NintendoWorldReport so may wait for a few more. 

£15.14 though??? Thought that was an on sale price at first...

5 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

£15.14 though??? Thought that was an on sale price at first...

Maybe it's an in-game reference?
No idea...

Edited by Glen-i

Probably a reference to the peace treaty that Cardinal Wolsey negotiated with France in 1514.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, bob said:

Probably a reference to the peace treaty that Cardinal Wolsey negotiated with France in 1514.

Did you just Google the year 1514 and just used what came up?

Edited by Glen-i

Did you just Google the year 1514 and just used what came up?
How dare you.

I just happen to have an intimate knowledge of what happened in that year. I could have gone for the Battle of Hornshole in the Scottish borders, or the coronation of King Christian II in Norway.

Not my fault you have no knowledge of history.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

I mean, the coronation of our King is pretty common knowledge.

It is?

...OH MY GOD, AM I NORWEGIAN!?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

It is?

...OH MY GOD, AM I NORWEGIAN!?

Maybe? The only thing I know is that I'm Norwegian :p

Edit: And the coronation of the King is probably as well known as the year 1514 :heh:

Edited by ArtMediocre

If anyone has been enjoying Hypercharge: Unboxed as much as me, you'll be delighted to know the first of their much vaunted updates will arrive at the end of February, but may be as late as early March.

It'll include a new Offline Local PvP Party Modes: "Spinner Arena" and "Tank Battle", an extra interactive Tutorial with Sergeant Max Ammo, two new character classes, stats tracking, and much more.

28kzj3zpkpi41.png

Can't wait, haven't put the game down yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two Point Hospital finally gets it’s console release today.  This is likely to be my first Day One eShop purchase (for Switch anyway)!

Last call for those cheap copies of Doom, Doom II and Doom 3 apparently, £1.20, £1.20 and £2.40 respectively.

I'm going to just get them, there's unlikely to be a physical Doom collection, plus they've patched out the account requirement stuff and improved the games.

Then, Doom 64 is only £3.99 when it comes out on March 20th, I heard there was a pre-order deal for Doom Eternal when you get a code for Doom 64 but does that even count for Switch?

Heads-up... Doom 3 is 8.8 GB... that's more than the patch for Doom (2016) ah well... I now have around 100GB still free (total) between my 256GB micro SD card and the main Switch memory after archiving some demo's which I'll never play or probably have use for ever again, I'm determined to not upgrade my SD card. :p

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

In case you wanna get Enter the Gungeon for 5 bucks (the price translates to approx 5€ in Germany), go the Russian eShop and buy it :)