NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

Noooooooooooooo, The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ is on sale. I will most likely get this next month. I should finish some games first, though :D 

Knights and Bikes has been announced as coming to the Switch on Feb. 6th.

Never got round to playing it on the PS4 but I've generally heard good things about it.

• Like 1

I see a demo for The Touryst is now on the eShop. I downloaded it and gave it a whirl but it's very disappointing. The demo itself is only around 5 mins long. You pick up a few coins, solve a puzzle and then that's it. I was hoping you would at least get to go to another island but sadly it wasn't to be. 

I see a demo for The Touryst is now on the eShop. I downloaded it and gave it a whirl but it's very disappointing. The demo itself is only around 5 mins long. You pick up a few coins, solve a puzzle and then that's it. I was hoping you would at least get to go to another island but sadly it wasn't to be. 

How did it play though? Or was the demo too short to make any necessary judgement to its quality.
This is one game that has been added to my wish list.

17 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I came in to post pretty much the exact same thing. Didn’t get a flavour of the game at all. I’m still interested in it, will just wait for a price drop. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, londragon said:

How did it play though? Or was the demo too short to make any necessary judgement to its quality.
This is one game that has been added to my wish list.

It's far too short to get a feel for the game. Looks pretty though. :) 

• Like 1

I, on the other hand, have been convinced by that demo. I won't get it at launch (since I'm fighting my backlog right now), but I will make it top priority during a sale.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

I, on the other hand, have been convinced by that demo. I won't get it at launch (since I'm fighting my backlog right now), but I will make it top priority during a sale.

Of course you won't. The game got released a month ago. :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Of course you won't. The game got released a month ago. :D 

Huh, could swear it was going to be released in a month! :heh:

I just hope that the throw mechanic isn’t needed that much in the game, as trying to lob that red thing up onto the steps was bullshit

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

I just hope that the throw mechanic isn’t needed that much in the game, as trying to lob that red thing up onto the steps was bullshit

That's surprising. Aiming that cross-hair felt really easy to me. I remember the pleasant surprise when I saw it wasn't a Zelda-style throw.

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales has shadow dropped on the Switch this morning. It's available now for £16.99. If anyone enjoyed gwent or likes a good card based game, definitely pick it up as it's great. Tempted myself for on the go play.

Edited by Ganepark32

Think I might pick up 198X soon. Was watching the launch trailer yesterday and it just looks gorgeous. 

39 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Think I might pick up 198X soon. Was watching the launch trailer yesterday and it just looks gorgeous. 

Yeah, I watched it the other day and thought it looked great. Problem is that the game is stupidly short, apparently clocking in at around 1-2 hours long. 

33 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, I watched it the other day and thought it looked great. Problem is that the game is stupidly short, apparently clocking in at around 1-2 hours long. 

I don't mind too much if its a tightly crafted experience. £8.99 is fine for something like that.

14 hours ago, Happenstance said:

I have a text and video review coming for that and also discussed it on tonight's recording of the podcast :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed  

content-2-36125-hyperchargeunboxedsidebox.jpg

A great addition to the eShop at a reasonable price, 19.99 pounds, for the content on offer.  Lovers of First Person Shooters and Tower Defence will be right at home with all this game throws at you.

Enjoy my first N-Europe review, too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Critically acclaimed mobile game Florence has been announced for Switch, coming next week. 

I've been waiting for them to port it over for ages after it caught my eye at the 2018 Game Awards. 

• Like 1

content-4-36128-florencebanner.jpg

Florence is coming to the Nintendo Switch eShop next week

Florence is published by Annapurna Interactive, developed by Mountains and will be launching on the Nintendo Switch eShop on February 13th, 2020 for the price of £5.99.

content-4-36129-inotherwatersbanner.jpg

In Other Waters swims onto the Switch in Spring 2020

In Other Waters is published by Fellow Traveller, developed by Jump Over the Age and should be launching on the Switch eShop in Spring 2020.

content-4-36130-ibbobbbanner.jpg

Ibb & Obb jump onto the Switch eShop in March 2020

Ibb & Obb is published by Sparpweed Games, developed by Richard Boeser and will hopefully be available on the Nintendo Switch eShop in March 2020.

content-4-36131-zerozerozerozerobanner.jpg

Zero Zero Zero Zero is coming to the Switch eShop this week

Zero Zero Zero Zero is published by Ratalakia Games, developer by Aluarop Games and will be available on the eShop on February 7th, 2020 for the price of £4.99

Check out the articles on the main page for the full press releases and trailers. :D

• Thanks 2

PixelJunk Monsters 2 is currently a whopping 80% off on the eShop:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/PixelJunk-Monsters-2-1376031.html

Even though I'm not a huge fan of the tower defense genre I decided to get it, have been finding it pretty enjoyable so far. :) It's somehow simultaneously stressful and relaxing, a weird combo for sure. :hehe:Performance also seems to be a lot better in the full game than it is in the demo, although the loading times are still pretty lengthy.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RedShell said:

although the loading times are still pretty lengthy.

How long?

I'm interested in this one (and the DLCs) but read that load times are inexcusably long. That's a big no-go for me in games like this, i.e. when you have/want to retry a stage more often than not and then have to wait and wait and wait.

Just now, drahkon said:

How long?

I'm interested in this one (and the DLCs) but read that load times are inexcusably long. That's a big no-go for me in games like this, i.e. when you have/want to retry a stage more often than not and then have to wait and wait and wait.

Not C64 long, but still too long. :heh: You're looking at 40+ seconds to load (or even retry) a stage. :zzz:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

For 2.99 (Euros), I picked it up too. I did enjoy the demo, despite the long load times and choppy frame rate.

I guess the fact that it's been out a while means they could have patched some stuff like the frame rate. For that price, worth a punt I guess. 

13 minutes ago, RedShell said:

You're looking at 40+ seconds to load (or even retry) a stage. :zzz:

:hmm: 

I think I'll give the demo a try and see if the gameplay is worth the load times :D 

8 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

For 2.99 (Euros), I picked it up too. I did enjoy the demo, despite the long load times and choppy frame rate.

I guess the fact that it's been out a while means they could have patched some stuff like the frame rate. For that price, worth a punt I guess. 

Yeah, the frame rate is noticeably better in the current build of the game. 

9 minutes ago, drahkon said:

:hmm: 

I think I'll give the demo a try and see if the gameplay is worth the load times :D 

Well, the gameplay itself can actually involve quite a lot of waiting too (you increase the rate at which your weapons level up by simply standing next to them :grin:) but yeah, good idea to check the demo first. Just keep in mind the performance of the demo is not exactly indicative of how it is in the full game.