NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

I picked up Ori & Superhot but I would have bought more if I hadn't spent all my money on Xmas presents!

4 minutes ago, killthenet said:

I would have bought more if I hadn't spent all my money on Xmas presents!

My advice for the future: Only buy Christmas presents for yourself. You'll be swimming in video games. :p 

• Haha 1

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, but man, those games QubicGames is giving away for free are horrible. :hmm: 

• Thanks 1

content-4-36096-theadventuresofelenatempledefinitiveeditionbanner.jpg

The Adventures of Elena Temple: Definitive Edition gets a new trailer

The Adventures of Elena Temple: Definitive Edition by developer Grimtalin is available on the Nintendo eShop for £4.49 (£3.59 -20% until 31/12/2019)

(plus a discount for anyone who owns the original title)

A very enjoyable title even in its original form, we reviewed it last year and the only criticism was that the game could have more replay value...

...this seems to solve that moderate gripe and then some, as there are now two more dungeons and loads of new ways to play.

Check the article for the full details and trailer. :D

Seeing as I've got a swish stylus to use with my Switch now thanks to Brain Training, I decided to finally pick up the KORG Gadget after noting that it's 20% off until tomorrow.

I also did a quick search as it looks like touch screen support was added a little while back, so I got the software and the Ebina & Otorii additional gadgets.

I'm not very good at using music software but even I managed to grasp some of it, I was showing my brother who's really into music making the software and he seemed intruiged.

The reality is that I probably won't use it that much but after seeing what can be done with it, I'll be messing around with it here and there to see what I can come up with. :D

It's still around £28 for those wondering and the additional modules are £8 each but you do get a lot of instruments and sound effects for your money.

Plus, I just really wanted to mess around with Sega and Taito sounds. :blush:

• Like 1

Hoping someone may be able to help me. I switched my eShop location over Xmas to the US so I could pick up De Blob 2 for under $8. I bought $10 credit online and added it to my account leaving me with a balance of $2.19. Now when I try to switch my shop back to the UK it keeps saying I can't until I use my credit. Anyway around this issue?

Hoping someone may be able to help me. I switched my eShop location over Xmas to the US so I could pick up De Blob 2 for under $8. I bought $10 credit online and added it to my account leaving me with a balance of $2.19. Now when I try to switch my shop back to the UK it keeps saying I can't until I use my credit. Anyway around this issue?

You need to spend it unfortunately. I’d recommend buying something cheap and topping up (over $2.19) via PayPal if you need to.

1 minute ago, Nicktendo said:

You need to spend it unfortunately. I’d recommend buying something cheap and topping up (over $2.19) via PayPal if you need to.

Agh ok, I'll give that a go, thanks! I feel like there was some reason I couldn't pay with Paypal but I'll have a look when I'm home later.

Agh ok, I'll give that a go, thanks! I feel like there was some reason I couldn't pay with Paypal but I'll have a look when I'm home later.

As far as I know it’s the only way (apart from e-shop cards) too add money / pay if your bank card doesn’t match the region.
  • Like 1

That is part of the reason that one should have a separate account for the US instead of switching around. For other countries, you can use a credit card to just spend the exact amount. 

On 05/01/2020 at 12:53 AM, S.C.G said:

Seeing as I've got a swish stylus to use with my Switch now thanks to Brain Training, I decided to finally pick up the KORG Gadget after noting that it's 20% off until tomorrow.

I also did a quick search as it looks like touch screen support was added a little while back, so I got the software and the Ebina & Otorii additional gadgets.

I'm not very good at using music software but even I managed to grasp some of it, I was showing my brother who's really into music making the software and he seemed intruiged.

The reality is that I probably won't use it that much but after seeing what can be done with it, I'll be messing around with it here and there to see what I can come up with. :D

It's still around £28 for those wondering and the additional modules are £8 each but you do get a lot of instruments and sound effects for your money.

Plus, I just really wanted to mess around with Sega and Taito sounds. :blush:

I had this on my watch list for ages waiting for it to go on sale, but was hoping for much more of a discount than 20%. I think it’s because I remember getting the 2nd version of KORG on 3DS at full price when it launched, only for it to be like 50-70% off a few weeks later. :angry: Plus, I’ve kinda lost my music creation mojo a bit too, which has also made me somewhat reluctant to pick this up.

So yeah, I’ll continue to wait for another sale. 

Will hopefully get it at some point though, those Sega and Taito sounds must be a lot of fun. :hehe: 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I had this on my watch list for ages waiting for it to go on sale, but was hoping for much more of a discount than 20%. I think it’s because I remember getting the 2nd version of KORG on 3DS at full price when it launched, only for it to be like 50-70% off a few weeks later. :angry: Plus, I’ve kinda lost my music creation mojo a bit too, which has also made me somewhat reluctant to pick this up.

So yeah, I’ll continue to wait for another sale. 

Will hopefully get it at some point though, those Sega and Taito sounds must be a lot of fun. :hehe: 

I remember the same thing happening when I purchased it on the 3DS (or something similar) I definitely got one of the KORG software synths cheaper than the other though.

I was thinking the same about the KORG Gadget but when I learned that it at least had some touch-screen support, I thought I should at least try it.

The touch screen responsiveness isn't bad but I can see why a lot of users would just end up using the joy-cons even with this added support but at least it's there.

I'm hopeful that there will be more updates later on down the road, for now though I'm happy enough to experiment with the Sega and Taito sound libraries as they are great. :grin:

Let me know if you do end up getting it though, either soon or whenever it goes cheap (probably next week now that I've bought it) :indeed:

We could have an online N-E Jam Session. :cool:

• Like 1

After finishing Pokemon I played through SUPERHOT this week and really liked it. I'm not that into shooters but it really felt like more of a puzzle game, it runs really well on Switch too. It's obviously hard to judge the framerate due to the nature of the game but in terms of resolution at least (I played it exclusively on my TV with the pro controller) I only noticed a couple of dips. I can't imagine what it would be like in VR, must be a real trip.

I finally started Bayonetta once I'd wrapped up SUPERHOT and it's as bonkers as I'd hoped. I played through all the mainline God of War's in 2018 and I can definitely see the influence on this but it just takes things to the next level.

Edited by killthenet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, killthenet said:

After finishing Pokemon I played through SUPERHOT this week and really liked it.

SUPERHOT IS THE MOST INNOVATIVE SHOOTER I'VE PLAYED IN YEARS.

Stardew Valley is on sale on the US eShop for 10 bucks. To quote the great Harry from In bruges..."I know I shouldn't...but I will."

SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT

• Haha 1

I still need to try SUPERHOT in VR. I've heard it's one of the best VR games out there, and the bullet time is supposedly insane :D

• Like 1

WayForward finally revealed Vitamin Connection for Switch in this trailer:

Out on February 20th priced at €20.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

content-4-36107-vitaminconnectionbanner.jpg

Vitamin Connection launches on February 20th

And it's now up on the main page.

I've put you a credit in the article @MindFreak :D

Also, it seems the Limited Run Games physical version will be available for pre-order from January 17th.

Plus, there's a physical version of Mighty Switch Force HD collection coming from LRG as well.

Not a bad start to the year for WayForward and it looks like they're just getting started. :peace:

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2020 at 9:16 PM, MindFreak said:

WayForward finally revealed Vitamin Connection for Switch in this trailer:

Out on February 20th priced at €20.

Holy crap! FINALLY! It looks fantastic! :D 

This will be Wayforward's first original non-sequel/non-licensed/non-joke game since 2011's Mighty Switch Force (and even that was a spiritual successor of sorts to Mighty Flip Champs and Mighty Milky Way).  It's about damn time!

Will be copping that day 1 fo sho :D 

Edited by Dcubed

Just finished the main story of Ori and the Blind Forest. Couldn't find a topic for it and don't want to create one so will put my thoughts about it here.

The game is good, no doubt about it. Story is emotionally heavy, it's beautiful and the sound is amazing. Gameplay-wise this is a Metroidvania done really well - the last I played was Guacamelee! 2 and for some reason I didn't enjoy that very much, but this has been a delight to play for the most part.

I do have some niggles with it, though. Mainly I found Ori extremely floaty which made it (him, her?) very hard to land precisely. Many times I jumped just a bit too far or wanted to slide up on a platform and found myself floating over it, to certain death! That made some of the escape-situations (which were great fun, though!) quite hard, I found.

Another thing is that I found enemy projectiles hard to dodge because there is no dodge function in the game. The projectiles were often faster than Ori (and me..) so got hit quite a lot - and the enemies hit hard. I think the battle system was far to basic and button mashing-y for me to enjoy. I hope they make it a bit more interesting in the next game.

Finally, I found some spikes hard to see because they were the same colour as the background or obscured by something in the foreground, and spikes could instantly kill me, I found. That was a bit annoying.

I'm glad they added the fast-travel system in the Definitive Edition, it made my final sweep-up of items much more enjoyable, I think.

But yeah, really good game, pick it up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

thatgamecompany's latest Sky: Children of the Light is apparently coming to Switch with support from crossplay. Really good news, I loved Journey but haven't checked this out because it's only been on iOS and I would prefer to play it with a controller. No word on when it'll be coming though.

• Like 2

On 19/01/2020 at 2:48 AM, killthenet said:

thatgamecompany's latest Sky: Children of the Light is apparently coming to Switch with support from crossplay. Really good news, I loved Journey but haven't checked this out because it's only been on iOS and I would prefer to play it with a controller. No word on when it'll be coming though.

Good thing to hear. Journey is a game I love to give to non-video game people and just watch them play.