NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

2 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Risk of Rain 2 has got a stealth release over the night.

It's expensive as fuck, though, compared to the PC early access. ::shrug: 

Calling @RedShell I've found you a new game! :laughing:

Assuming this is getting released outside of the Japanese eShop that is.

I don't think I can put this on the main site unless it's confirmed for release over here but, here's the PR anyway...

Hovering in the sky over Edo City with a loincloth!
This jet pack firefighting 3D action game has the most mysterious operation feeling ever!

It is Edo period.

Eject water from your body and fight the fire for Edo City.

Water ejecting trigger pads are attached to both hands and feet, and you can shoot up in the sky as if you have a jet pack.
Try to move to extinguish fire delicately with your right hand, left hand, right foot and left foot.
Hover in the air and be dramatic, or go carefully. Either is fine. It’s up to you!

Switch the “stance” and change your posture which is the direction of the ejection.
There are several types of “stance”. Some are compatible for moving around. Some are compatible for attacking. You can unlock these stances by extinguishing fire and collecting “Mizudama”.
Chose four stances and create your own style!

Knock down the large boss and don’t forget the disturbing ninjas.

I think I'll stop looking for news to post now because nothing else is going to top that today! :D

• Haha 4
  • Weird 3

2 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Calling @RedShell I've found you a new game! :laughing:

That might be a bit too weird, even for me. :heh: 

It also needs an option for a female protagonist, ASAP! ;) Yeah, a couple of extra water jets... could be the game’s easy mode. :laughing: 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Think I might pick up Final Fantasy VIII on Switch this week. £15.99 isn’t it?

Indeed it is. It should be on the eShop at midnight. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, markderoos said:

I don’t know.

Can you repeat the question? :p

34 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

River City Girls getting good reviews and it’s out tomorrow. £27 though...

I have no doubt that it will be worth that and to put it into perspective, it could be worse... if you want the physical version from Limited Run Games it's £42 including shipping.

To me, it's worth the extra £15 to have the physical copy but of course in about a couple of months time, there'll be another two hundred games out and River City Girls will be on sale.

But as for the quality of the game, it's looking like it's worth £27... though it is now making me wonder how much Streets of Rage 4 will be when it comes out.

I can't wait for River City Girls though, except I will be waiting a bit longer for the physical version, probably two months so by the time I get to play it, it'll be on sale for certain.

I definitely love Limited Run Games for the amount of decent indie titles they bring out on cart but damn... I'm still waiting for titles such as Celeste to come out. :p

On 04/09/2019 at 7:42 PM, S.C.G said:

I'm still waiting for titles such as Celeste to come out. :p

Shouldn't be too much later now. With the dlc almost out, they can finally start production.

Anyone got any tips for Crypt of the Necrodancer? I finally started playing it the other day and it's consistently kicked my ass since, even playing as Bard I'm finding it tough. I'm always one for persevering with difficult games but I'm almost at the point of giving up with this. Determined to at least finish the first section before I throw in the towel but I always seem to fuck up before I reach the boss and when I do I have no health left so just end up getting slaughtered by one false move.

30 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Anyone got any tips for Crypt of the Necrodancer? I finally started playing it the other day and it's consistently kicked my ass since, even playing as Bard I'm finding it tough. I'm always one for persevering with difficult games but I'm almost at the point of giving up with this. Determined to at least finish the first section before I throw in the towel but I always seem to fuck up before I reach the boss and when I do I have no health left so just end up getting slaughtered by one false move.

When playing as Bard, take your sweet time, and learn how each enemy moves, nothing moves until you do.

And don't forget to spend those diamonds whenever you can. Each floor has one bit of wall where you can see a speck of blue inside it. Dig that up and you'll get a diamond. Using that you can get 2 diamonds on each floor, that can help you get some permanent upgrades and items to add in the pool.

Prioritise getting a long range weapon like a spear first as the more distance you can keep an enemy at, the safer you'll be. The dagger sucks and should be replaced ASAP. Failing that, go for armour and heart containers.

Glass weapons suck, don't bother picking those up, and never use shrines. The risk just isn't worth it.

When you're playing as Bard, there's no time limit, so you should explore the entire floor and stock up on items, visit each shop, etc.

Apart from that, practice.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the tips @Glen-i. I had already been taking advantage of the lack of a time limit, scrounging around for all the diamonds and any useful items but I was being a complete dope whenever enemies were around. With some actual patience and focus I managed to get through Zone 1 and beat the boss, definitely made me feel a lot more confident about the game. I'll undoubtably be just as frustrated with Zone 2 this time tomorrow though. 

• Like 1

So I finally picked up and started playing Katamari Damacy Reroll. The controls took some getting used to, but I’m really enjoying it. :) Not surprising though really as Japanese/quirky = I’ll obviously love it. :D Hilarious cat related moments are just the icing on the cake:

But I have to say, what in the hell is up with the game’s audio level? The default volume is ear explodingly too loud! :eek: Luckily there’s an option to adjust it and therefore bring it level with everything else on the Switch, i.e. normal volume. But yeah, I’m surprised they ran with it like that. Another problem with the sound is that bloody beeping during the last 30 seconds of each mission, I thought nothing would ever be more grating than Baby Mario’s crying in Yoshi’s Island... I was wrong. :heh:

Other than that though, it’s pretty great. I adore the little cutscenes, that art style is amazing. :love: And what I’ve heard of the music so far (when it’s not the last 30 seconds of a game :laughing:) has been wonderful as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RedShell said:

So I finally picked up and started playing Katamari Damacy Reroll. The controls took some getting used to, but I’m really enjoying it. :) Not surprising though really as Japanese/quirky = I’ll obviously love it. :D Hilarious cat related moments are just the icing on the cake:

But I have to say, what in the hell is up with the game’s audio level? The default volume is ear explodingly too loud! :eek: Luckily there’s an option to adjust it and therefore bring it level with everything else on the Switch, i.e. normal volume. But yeah, I’m surprised they ran with it like that. Another problem with the sound is that bloody beeping during the last 30 seconds of each mission, I thought nothing would ever be more grating than Baby Mario’s crying in Yoshi’s Island... I was wrong. :heh:

Other than that though, it’s pretty great. I adore the little cutscenes, that art style is amazing. :love: And what I’ve heard of the music so far (when it’s not the last 30 seconds of a game :laughing:) has been wonderful as well.

Glad you're enjoying it, @RedShell:hehe: I knew you would!

I cleared the game last week (or the week before..) and I thought it was awful :hmm:

I can't even really complain about being disappointed as I played the demo a while back and hated it.. but I thought I was missing something and that there was a fun game that I'd discover once I got used to the controls.

I never got used to the controls and I never found a fun game, sadly.

Nobody is surprised :indeed:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, nekunando said:

Glad you're enjoying it, @RedShell:hehe: I knew you would!

I cleared the game last week (or the week before..) and I thought it was awful :hmm:

I can't even really complain about being disappointed as I played the demo a while back and hated it.. but I thought I was missing something and that there was a fun game that I'd discover once I got used to the controls.

I never got used to the controls and I never found a fun game, sadly.

Nobody is surprised :indeed:

To be fair, while I'm usually quite perplexed by your dislike of certain games :heh: in this particular case I can at least see where you're coming from. I mean, the controls are definitely odd and there's no doubt it can lead to some frustrating moments, especially when you get stuck near a wall and the camera goes all weird.

If it wasn't for the wacky vibe and presentation I probably wouldn't be enjoying it anywhere near as much as I am.

On 07/09/2019 at 7:38 PM, killthenet said:

I second Glen-i's tips, while also adding that the Broadsword is quite useful as well.

This might sound like a weird tip, but if you have a hard time figuring out the enemies' patterns, try to play as Cadence for a bit. Seeing the enemies in regular motion helps in understanding the logic of their movement.

• Thanks 1

I'm up to Zone 4 now so I'm definitely finding my feet and getting used the rhythm of the game. One of the biggest problems right now is that spells and bombs seem to go off at random sometimes - I swear my finger isn't even over the button and they just trigger. Is there some hidden analogue stick combo that sets them off? 

I think rogue likes in general just aren't for me, there is so much luck involved, even with taking some of the less helpful items out of the rotation the ones I actually want only crop up together occasionally. 

4 hours ago, killthenet said:

I'm up to Zone 4 now so I'm definitely finding my feet and getting used the rhythm of the game. One of the biggest problems right now is that spells and bombs seem to go off at random sometimes - I swear my finger isn't even over the button and they just trigger. Is there some hidden analogue stick combo that sets them off? 

I think rogue likes in general just aren't for me, there is so much luck involved, even with taking some of the less helpful items out of the rotation the ones I actually want only crop up together occasionally. 

Oh yeah, took me forever to realise, too: spells and items are assigned certain to button combinations. Everytime I would accidentally press a+x or whatever, I would use something I didn't mean to. I think it's a holdover from the PC versions, and becomes annoying on a controller. Unfortunately, I don't think this can be turned off.

As for the roguelike aspect, yeah, you can't go in expecting the best stuff. It's a lucky break if you get it, but the principle is to work with what you got. That said, there are shrines and spots where you can swap or "re-roll" items. Finding ways to tip the odds in your favour is also an aspect of roguelike skill. I understand if it's not your cup of tea, just offering my thoughts on the matter.