NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

I ended up unsealing the rest of my general release physical Switch games, around nine titles later I ended up with about four pounds in points plus another pound I had already.

I spent £4.01 on Alex Kidd in Miracle World as it's almost the last Sega Ages title I need, just Gain Ground to go so I'll wait until that's on sale next and then that's all of them to date.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@RedShell you played and enjoyed this game, right? I seem to remember you playing it.

I did indeed:

Cheers for the heads up on that cat game, will have to see about getting that in the sale. :) 

*EDIT*

I see another game that I really enjoyed is currently on sale in the eShop, Kero Blaster. :cool: 

Edited by RedShell
  • Like 1

Two Point Hospital is coming to Switch in late 2019. I loved Theme Hospital back in the day so was hoping they would bring the spiritual successor to the Switch. It does seem to be getting a physical release but I felt it better to post it in this thread rather than the indie one considering Sega is publishing. 

I only have an old MacBook which barely runs Portal at the lowest settings so didn't bother picking Two Point up on Steam but it'll be interesting to see how the new control scheme works out for it. Football Manager is the only other mouse heavy game I've played on Switch and that definitely wasn't optimised as well as it could have been

• Like 1

3 hours ago, killthenet said:

Two Point Hospital is coming to Switch in late 2019. I loved Theme Hospital back in the day so was hoping they would bring the spiritual successor to the Switch. It does seem to be getting a physical release but I felt it better to post it in this thread rather than the indie one considering Sega is publishing. 

I only have an old MacBook which barely runs Portal at the lowest settings so didn't bother picking Two Point up on Steam but it'll be interesting to see how the new control scheme works out for it. Football Manager is the only other mouse heavy game I've played on Switch and that definitely wasn't optimised as well as it could have been

Yes! Been putting off buying the Steam version for ages. Will buy if the port it good.

content-4-35882-pillarsofeternitycompleteeditionbanner.jpg

Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition is coming to the Nintendo Switch eShop on August 8th for the price of £44.99

Not bad considering it contains all of the dlc and is supposed to be very good, I think this needs a physcal release though at that rrp.

Check the article for the details and a trailer. :D

If you own one of the following games then you can pick up twin stick shooter & match-three mash up Transcripted for free.

Chroma Squad; Dead in Vinland - True Viking Edition; Splasher; Pankapu; The Last Door - Complete Edition; Anacute; Yono and the  Celestial Elephants; Zombie Night Terror; NeuroVoider; Away: Journey To The Unexpected; The Next Penelope; My Farm; My Arctic Farm 2018; My Jurassic Farm 2018; Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Deluxier Edition; Knights of Pen & Paper 2 Deluxiest Edition; Knights of Pen and Paper Bundle; Steredenn: Binary Stars; DragoDino; Bury me, my Love; Old School Musical; Momonga Pinball Adventures; Hover; Kill The Bad Guy; Bombslinger; Burly Men at Sea; Lost Phone Stories; Super Rocket Shootout; Lost in Harmony; Dungeon Rushers; A Normal Lost Phone; Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story; Shape of the World; White Night and BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers

Phew, that's a long list! A lot of them are on sale at the moment too so if you don't have any of them you can essentially pick up 2 games for only a couple of quid. I'd already played Yono & Bury me, my Love so when I checked the current offers on the eShop Transcripted was already showing as 100% off. I'm not really the twin-stick shooter type but I'll give it a go at some point. 

22 hours ago, S.C.G said:

content-4-35882-pillarsofeternitycompleteeditionbanner.jpg

Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition is coming to the Nintendo Switch eShop on August 8th for the price of £44.99

Not bad considering it contains all of the dlc and is supposed to be very good, I think this needs a physcal release though at that rrp.

Check the article for the details and a trailer. :D

Am I right thinking this game is a big deal, and the sequel get a couple GoTY awards? Is that game also coming?

28 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Am I right thinking this game is a big deal, and the sequel get a couple GoTY awards? Is that game also coming?

Yes on both counts I believe, when I was searching for info on PIllars of Eternity I found a placeholder listing for the sequel, so it would seem so. :smile:

43 minutes ago, killthenet said:

If you own one of the following games then you can pick up twin stick shooter & match-three mash up Transcripted for free.

...Steredenn: Binary Stars...

Phew, that's a long list! A lot of them are on sale at the moment too so if you don't have any of them you can essentially pick up 2 games for only a couple of quid. I'd already played Yono & Bury me, my Love so when I checked the current offers on the eShop Transcripted was already showing as 100% off. I'm not really the twin-stick shooter type but I'll give it a go at some point. 

I already have Steredenn: Binary Stars but in physical form, I'm wondering if I unseal it, update it and claim the gold points from it if the offer might show up for me?

Probably not, I'm guessing it'll be digital versions only but I just figured that because of the way that Gold Points are linked to your account, that might register on the eShop.

I managed to resist the temptation to buy Resident Evil 4 when it was on sale, fantastic game though it is, I just wasn’t going to pay £20 for it. So I was happy to see it released on Game Pass last week so I blitzed through it once again. What a game! For all its flaws, and dated controls, I wouldn’t have it any other way. 

I then decided to download 5 afterwards. I played it once when it originally came out on 360 but I can’t believe how much of a backwards step it took. Sure, some of the game is great fun, dispatching a group of enemies with the shotgun is satisfying as ever, but what were they thinking with the inventory system? After the great attaché cases in 4, the fact you can’t upgrade your storage after collecting more weapons is awful. Speaking of which, having to trade items with your partner in the middle of a battle is a major exercise in frustration. 

And that brings me onto the biggest problem with this game, your partner. It completely lacks any of the heart pounding tension of the previous game due to the fact you’ve always got someone with you. The AI is truly terrible - she’ll be fighting a boss with a handgun when I’ve given her a perfectly good shotgun or grenade launcher and she always manages to get in the way when I’ve lined up a headshot. 

This coupled with the fact that the locations are nowhere near as interesting as 4, and the boss fights are mostly terrible means that I can’t recommend this one at all. 

Ive posted this in this thread as 5 is due to come out for Switch later this year and I was thinking of picking it up, as I thought this would be a good game to take anywhere but am glad I didn’t now.  

• Thanks 1

content-4-35892-devilshuntbanner.jpg

Devil's Hunt is coming to the Switch in Q1 2020.

Move over Devil May Cry? We'll see...

content-4-35893-midnightevilbanner.jpg

Midnight Evil will be releasing on the eShop in Q3 2019.

One way or another, I expect the words "nightmare fuel" could spring to mind...

content-4-35894-neonabyssbanner.jpg

Neon Abyss finds its way onto the Switch in 2019.

Yet another Roguelike Action Platformer? You'd better believe it...

content-4-35895-passthepunchbanner.jpg

Pass the Punch fights its way to the front page of the eShop sometime in 2019.

It's a 2D Beat 'em Up and a brand new IP from Sumo Digital, so watch this space...

content-4-35896-jamestownbanner.jpg

Jamestown+ is getting a release on the Switch in late 2019 it can be pre-ordered for £17.99

Eight years in the making, a shmup that can be enjoyed by players of all skill levels? Sign me up!

Now if only Limited Run Games would pick this one up for a physical release. ;)

Check the articles for details, trailers and first screenshots. :peace:

content-4-35906-headlinernovinewsbanner.jpg

Headliner: NoviNews is coming to the Switch eShop on August 19th for the price of £11.99

Which news articles would make it through if you had to decide? Take on that role in this intruiging title.

content-4-35907-omenexitiobanner.jpg

Omen Exitio: Plague is coming soon to the Switch eShop.

Is the H.P. Lovecraft theme potentially enough to hook you into its fantasy world based on the gamebooks of the 80's and 90's?

content-4-35908-childrenofmortabanner.jpg

Children of Morta will be releasing on the eShop on October 15th.

Best of all though? There's a physical version coming out thanks to Merge Games.

content-4-35909-thosewhoremainbanner.jpg

Those Who Remain will be coming to the Switch in 2019 thanks to finding a new publisher in Wired Productions.

It has a Psychological Horror theme to it and also features come kind of sanity system... Eternal Darkness inspired? We'll see.

content-4-35910-sagebrushbanner.jpg

Sagebrush is coming to the eShop on August 9th for the price of £4.99.

It features a story inspired by real-life cults (cheerful!) and has a low-fi aesthetic to it, which is nice...

Check the articles for details and trailers. :D

• Thanks 1

Any reviews of the Pillars of Eternity port? I'd really like to play it, but not if it's a shoddy port with ridiculous loading times.

16 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Any reviews of the Pillars of Eternity port? I'd really like to play it, but not if it's a shoddy port with ridiculous loading times.

There's a review of the Switch port over on GameSpace ::shrug: (I'd never heard of them either)

They gave it a solid score but state the usual things you might expect when porting a PC game to consoles.

Namely the control concessions (radial menus from clicking sticks) and 10-30 second loads times when saving at certain points.

But the port seems to be solid on all platforms.

• Thanks 1

content-4-35912-cryogearbanner.jpg

Cryogear is coming to the eShop on August 15th for the price of £17.99

It's a Metroidvania title, so possibly another one for the pile?

content-4-35914-everdarktowerbanner.jpg

Everdark Tower will be launching on the Nintendo Switch eShop on August 22nd for the price of £4.99

(with a 30% discount for a limited time if you pre-order)

A pocket-sized RPG which still supposedly offers a worthwhile expierence relative to the short time it will take to complete.

Check the articles for details and a trailer. :D

Edited by S.C.G

content-4-35915-ellenbanner.jpg

Ellen is a 2D pixel-based game by RedMountMedia and it will be available on the eShop on September 13th for around £8.00.

content-4-35916-beholder2banner.jpg

Beholder 2 is a dystopian title brought to us by Warm Lamp Games and is published by Alawar, it will be released on August 15th for the price of £14.99.

There's another big sale on at the moment too, I picked up Layers of Fears (which is 80% off right now) because I've heard good things about it. 

It's kind of ridiculous how many games are on my backlog now, even while I haven't been playing as much these last few months I've still been browsing the sales regularly. Going to really enjoy getting my teeth into as many games as I can once I've got more free time.

• Thanks 1

content-4-35917-rezplzbanner.jpg

Rez Plz is a co-operative platformer published by Graffiti Games and developed by Long Neck Games with a planned release year of 2020.

content-4-35918-anodebanner.jpg

Anode is a Puzzle game brought to us by KittehfaceSoftware and will be launching on August 17th for the price of £3.99 on the eShop.

content-4-35920-exceptionlaunchtrailerbanner.jpg

Exception launch trailer.

content-4-35921-nevergiveupbanner.jpg

Never Give Up launch trailer.

content-4-35922-gravityduckbanner.jpg

Gravity Duck  published by Ratalakia Games and developed by Wobblyware is coming to the Switch eShop on August 16th for the price of £4.99

Check the articles for details and/or trailers. :D

(I decided to try out some larger banners today as the images seem to lend themselves quite well to that format)

Launch trailer for the Grandia HD Collection...

Can't recommend these games enough.  If you've never played a Grandia game, you're in for a treat! They're amongst the very best RPGs of their era! :D 

True RPG classics, with some of the best RPG battle systems ever made! Just great games all round!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2

content-4-35934-ghostrunnerswitchbanner.jpg

Ghostrunner is coming to the Switch in 2020.

content-4-35935-littlenightmaresiiswitchbanner.jpg

Little Nightmares 2 has been announced and is also coming to the Switch in 2020.

content-4-35936-windjammers2switchbanner.jpg

Windjammers 2 gets two new characters, is getting released on another non-console platform and is now coming out in 2020.

content-4-35937-finalfantasyviiiremasteredswitchbanner.jpg

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered is still coming out on the Switch in "let's release everything in September" 2019.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Transistor is 4,38$ (after tax) on the US eshop.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Risk of Rain 2 has got a stealth release over the night.

Well, at least it's not a September release.

• Confused 1