NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

13 hours ago, Esequiel said:

Hi Grazza - dunk a couple of hours into it and it a decent enough game but not on Rogue Legacy Level for me. I think it’s the fact that there is no progression, you get stronger in the level but all the progress is wiped out on the next level. Never mind! I’ll keep searching!

Ah, sorry about that.  Thanks for giving it a go.

But yes, unfortunately the only thing you get to keep is recipes.  After a while I completely ignored character level, as enemies seem to level with you.  The one thing I've always wanted is the ability to start the game with certain special items - five or even six Dragon Scales so I can make all the Dragon Armour and Dragon weapons, or imbue other weapons with a Dragon Stone.  It's annoying when you want something in particular but can't get it.

Again, thanks for giving it a try.

On 05/07/2019 at 1:21 PM, Grazza said:

Ah, sorry about that.  Thanks for giving it a go.

But yes, unfortunately the only thing you get to keep is recipes.  After a while I completely ignored character level, as enemies seem to level with you.  The one thing I've always wanted is the ability to start the game with certain special items - five or even six Dragon Scales so I can make all the Dragon Armour and Dragon weapons, or imbue other weapons with a Dragon Stone.  It's annoying when you want something in particular but can't get it.

Again, thanks for giving it a try.

Nothing to be sorry about my dude! I like trying different things and it’s not a bad game. It’s enjoyable and a good way to pass a few hours in the blink of an eye!

I actually played dreamworld dig yesterday, that’s a decent enough game as well which was in my PS4 library.

dead cells is up next I think!

• Thanks 1

So I bought the game pass double pack a couple of months ago, rebought Splatoon 2 with one so I could do the Octo expansion. But I dunno what to use the other one on, I'm torn between Fire Emblem Three Houses, Links Awakening remake and Astral Chain. 

Dead Cells is amazing. Lost my entire day to it! Fantastic game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Emerald Emblem said:

So I bought the game pass double pack a couple of months ago, rebought Splatoon 2 with one so I could do the Octo expansion. But I dunno what to use the other one on, I'm torn between Fire Emblem Three Houses, Links Awakening remake and Astral Chain. 

Buy Link's Awakening and another voucher. Problem solved. :p

Edited by MindFreak
  • Haha 2

So I see the Senran Kagura boobie pinball game (not actual title, unfortunately :heh:) got released in the West. :D Any of N-E's "pinball fans" picked it up? :hehe:

• Haha 5

Dude!! Lethal League Blaze is out now on Switch!!!

That shiz is RAD!! If you like fun, get it immediately!!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Dang, Hellblade is on the list at a 30 % discount. Haven't played it since I bought it a couple of weeks ago so I could've waited and saved the money....

Gah, might have to bite on RE4 for £20 it probably won't go much lower for a while. Haven't picked up Baba is You or Katamari yet so will definitely get them.

I've bought Katamari Damacy and will bite on Resident Evil 4.. but should I also get Floor Kids..? 

Baba is you, Rock of Ages 2 and Hellblade GET!

Resi games... Castlevania Collection, Rayman, Steamworld Heist, Katamari Damacy..... hmmmm.... 

II picked up South Park Fractured But Whole with all the DLC for £20. I’ve got it on Xbox but strangely not played it much even though I loved Stick of Truth. It’ll be one to play when I’m at work. 

Just bought RE4, seeing that disgusting icon on the home screen is making me instantly regret doing so. Change it now Capcom you sadistic pricks!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, killthenet said:

Just bought RE4, seeing that disgusting icon on the home screen is making me instantly regret doing so. Change it now Capcom you sadistic pricks!

Even if they added gyro control support, I wouldn't get it because of that icon.

It's actually gross.

32 minutes ago, RedShell said:

@Dcubed, what do you think of this? :heh: 

Looks like Ashley just let off a stinker!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 1

I don't understand. Are you guys being hyperbolic?

11 hours ago, bob said:

I don't understand. Are you guys being hyperbolic?

If you didn't know what game it was, how the hell would you know what it is just by looking? It's the cardinal sin of Switch icons.

It's also a lazily grabbed screenshot of the title screen, the brief moment before the title appears. Have a look at the middle, where Leon's stomach is. See how it look's a bit singed? That was a kind of visual effect that reveals the title in-game. Here, it looks crap.

What makes this even worse is that other Resident Evil games have really nice Switch icons.

D7BTXYOVsAExKgq.jpg:large

Geez, they couldn't even bother to capitalise the title above it! Ewww.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I picked up the Mutant Mudds Collection on the eShop last night. It had a massive price cut and it's only a little over £1. I've never played the game before and I figured it was worth a punt at that price. @RedShell you played and enjoyed this game, right? I seem to remember you playing it.  

I had a little over a pound left on my eShop account so I also snapped up MagiCat. I remember reading about it on Era when it was first released and many on there rated the game highly. Again, I figured for a quid it was worth having a look at.

Here's the trailer.

Wow, that's cheap! I haven't played the games, I think, so just picked it up as well - I had some gold coins I could just as well spend on it so it was about a quarter of a pound for me. Reasonable price. Thanks for the heads up.

• Thanks 1