NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

26 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Can anyone recommend something open-world, skyrim-esque I can download off the eshop? Looking for something I can fuck about in for a bit.

Joe Dever's Lone Wolf might be a good shout.

I picked it up on Limited Run but I haven't had a chance to play it yet, looks good though and it's available on the eShop as well I believe. :)

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Joe-Dever-s-Lone-Wolf-1337082.html#Overview

Actually, I might have misunderstood what kind of game you're looking for, as it's not exactly Skyrim-esque but there are similar elements.

Edited by S.C.G

Thanks for the recommend, but it's more that I'm looking for something that has that open world gameplay of a fallout or Skyrim.

Just can't be bothered it plus my PS3 in.

3 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Joe Dever's Lone Wolf might be a good shout.

I picked it up on Limited Run but I haven't had a chance to play it yet, looks good though and it's available on the eShop as well I believe. :)

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Joe-Dever-s-Lone-Wolf-1337082.html#Overview

Actually, I might have misunderstood what kind of game you're looking for, as it's not exactly Skyrim-esque but there are similar elements.

Must be one of your drunken purchases, because it's nothing like Skyrim, and you got it from Super Rare and not Limited Run. ;)

Edit:

@LazyBoy I'm currently playing Dragon's Dogma.

Edited by Sméagol

Just now, Sméagol said:

Must be one of your drunken purchases, because it's nothing like Skyrim, and you got it from Super Rare and not Limited Run. ;)

You're right on all counts... (well not the drunken part) though I will admit, it was a bit of a blind purchase and it is indeed a Super Rare Games release.

Both of them are releasing so many games at the moment that it's hard to keep track of them all. :p

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

@LazyBoy I'm currently playing Dragon's Dogma

And would you recommend it? Compared to Skyrim for example.

7 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

And would you recommend it? Compared to Skyrim for example.

I'd recommend it. It's an RPG, with cool battle mechanics and an interesting pawn system. I haven't played skyrim, but it's a smaller world than Oblivion, but still pretty big. I suspect that if you want something Skyrim-like, that at the moment (and on Switch), this game is what you're looking for. But I'll post about it when I'm finished with it, if you want to know more, or check out reviews / videos in the meantime.

Downloaded Final Fantasy 7 last weekend. My initial impressions weren't that great, it seemed to have aged really badly. But now I've put a few hours in and got out of Midgar, I'm really getting into it.

Aside from the one big spoiler that you can't help but know about unless you lived without internet for the past 2 decades, I'm going into it knowing pretty much nothing.

2 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Downloaded Final Fantasy 7 last weekend. My initial impressions weren't that great, it seemed to have aged really badly. But now I've put a few hours in and got out of Midgar, I'm really getting into it.

Aside from the one big spoiler that you can't help but know about unless you lived without internet for the past 2 decades, I'm going into it knowing pretty much nothing.

Midgar is easily my least favourite part of FF7, it lasts way too long.

But it's still a solid RPG.

Picked up Ape Out and Katana Zero on sale. Get the feeling they’ll be too difficult for my particular set of skills but looking forward to giving them a try. 

17 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

Picked up Katana Zero on sale.

Good man! Absolutely cracking game. 

On 5/31/2019 at 10:53 AM, Mandalore said:

That's literally exactly how I felt about it when I first played it.  Hated it up until I got out of Midgar; ended up becoming my 3rd favourite FF game (behind FF4 and FF6).

On 02/06/2019 at 9:23 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Good man! Absolutely cracking game. 

Wow. You weren’t kidding. Absolutely superb. 

I really want Katana Zero, but it's currently 20% off on Steam and less than a third of the price of the Switch version...  

4 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

I really want Katana Zero, but it's currently 20% off on Steam and less than a third of the price of the Switch version...  

Then get it there if you have a controller! :rolleyes:

Finished Katana Zero earlier. Honestly didn’t think I had it in me. Especially that last boss. That was a bit tricky. 

“To be continued” eh? Hoping for a sequel or DLC soon. Does anybody know what that area is after you beat the game? There’s just a locked door and pressing the button doesn’t do anything. 

1 hour ago, Dog-amoto said:

Finished Katana Zero earlier. Honestly didn’t think I had it in me. Especially that last boss. That was a bit tricky. 

“To be continued” eh? Hoping for a sequel or DLC soon. Does anybody know what that area is after you beat the game? There’s just a locked door and pressing the button doesn’t do anything. 

Those are just some unlockables. If you picked up some (special) keycards in the game, you can unlock some special swords in this room.

I mostly liked the game, but found it a bit too repetitive. That said, I probably had an usual playstyle where I refused to use the slow motion ability for 99% of the game.

I am interested in the upcoming speedrun and hardcore mode though. I'm usually not one to speedrun, but my playstyle probably fits a speedrun perfectly.

Never used the watch list before, but if I put a game on there and it later goes on sale, will I receive some kind of notification?

Just now, Dog-amoto said:

Never used the watch list before, but if I put a game on there and it later goes on sale, will I receive some kind of notification?

They sometimes email you in that case, yeah.

• Thanks 1

content-4-35814-grandiahdcollectionbanner.jpg

Grandia HD Collection is coming to the Switch! :D

No trailer yet, more details to follow during E3 2019.

Check out the details in the article.

I'm really happy for this announcement, as this will be the first time playing these RPG classics. :peace:

16 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Grandia HD Collection is coming to the Switch! :D

Indeed it is.

:p 

The thing was announced waaaaaay to early. It was supposed to be out Winter last year.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Indeed it is.

:p 

The thing was announced waaaaaay to early. It was supposed to be out Winter last year.

Do you know... there's that much coming out on the Switch that I completely forgot it was coming out. :blush:

We probably even posted an article about it the first time around... *checks* yep, we did.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Haha 2

content-4-35815-darksidersgenesisbanner.jpg

Darksiders Genesis coming to Switch and all other consoles.

Leaked but basically announced and we knew it was coming so... ::shrug:

More details to be unveiled at E3 probably though this hasn't officially been announced.

Interesting new top-down perspective.

2 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Did we already know it was coming? 

Yeah, it was leaked a couple of days ago.