Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

I've got Bastion. I hope I like it.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kounan said:

I've got Bastion. I hope I like it.

Nobody dislikes Bastion. It's a great game. Remember to play it with sound on as the narrator is awesome.

• Like 2

This is one of Drinkbox's lesser known games but, like most of their games, it's incredibly well made and a blast to play. I played it on the Vita a couple of years back and absolutely loved it. I'm happy to see it on Switch and it's on sale as well.

• Thanks 2

content-4-35775-rallyrocknracingbanner.jpg

Another racer for the Switch eShop? Why not!

Rally Rock' N Racing certainly looks interesting enough to consider purchasing if the gameplay holds up.

:peace:

Dead Cells and Shovel Knight are both discounted - 20 % and 50 % respectively. Just saying...

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Dead Cells and Shovel Knight are both discounted - 20 % and 50 % respectively. Just saying...

Picked up Shovel Knight. Got Dead Cells at launch, both games are stupendous value at those prices.

Edited by Nicktendo

18 hours ago, S.C.G said:

content-4-35775-rallyrocknracingbanner.jpg

Another racer for the Switch eShop? Why not!

Rally Rock' N Racing certainly looks interesting enough to consider purchasing if the gameplay holds up.

I'd love Top Gear Rally to get the same treatment as Turok and arrive on Switch with just a little bit of clean up in the graphics..

I love that game :love:

• Like 3

Has anyone played Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom? 

Downloaded the demo for it and it's a nice little game by the looks of it, but really quite pricey. 

Wondered if anyone knew if it was worth it?

Just now, Aneres11 said:

Downloaded the demo for it and it's a nice little game by the looks of it, but really quite pricey. 

Absolutely amazing game and one of my favorite games from last year across all the consoles. More people need to play the thing!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Absolutely amazing game and one of my favorite games from last year across all the consoles. More people need to play the thing!

Oooo high praise indeed! 

May pick it up then! 

2 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

Simply put, it's among the best indie games last year, and would probably be the best if Hollow Knight hadn't come. Truly a gem with a wonderful world and great gameplay with a meaty campaign as well. 

https://forum.n-europe.com/topic/35935-monster-boy-and-the-cursed-kingdom/

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

One of the rare examples of me agreeing with @Hero-of-Time on a game.

It's a wonderful Metroidvania that looks gorgeous and plays fantastically. Highly recommended.

• Like 1

Picked up Dead Cells in the sale. Honestly not sure what I think about it. The fact it’s a roguelike was the reason I didn’t bother at launch as they’re just not my thing at all but the acclaim this game got tempted me into giving it a go. 

I love the combat and weapons. That side of the gameplay is superb, but I’ve said over and over you just can’t beat a handcrafted game world. At the moment, it just feels like I’m grinding for cells until I can unlock a better starting weapon (that in itself needs 10 other items to be unlocked before you can work on getting it) as I seem to be just getting my arse kicked every time I meet a boss (though I did manage to beat the Concierge once or twice)

Unless I’m missing something, I’m enjoying it but not blown away like a lot seem to be. 

Edited by Dog-amoto
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

Picked up Dead Cells in the sale. Honestly not sure what I think about it. The fact it’s a roguelike was the reason I didn’t bother at launch as they’re just not my thing at all but the acclaim this game got tempted me into giving it a go. 

I love the combat and weapons. That side of the gameplay is superb, but I’ve said over and over you just can’t beat a handcrafted game world. At the moment, it just feels like I’m grinding for cells until I can unlock a better starting weapon (that in itself needs 10 other items to be unlocked before you can work on getting it) as I seem to be just getting my arse kicked every time I meet a boss (though I did manage to beat the Concierge once or twice)

The roguelike element is exactly why I can't stomach the game. Randomly generated levels are one of my biggest gaming pet peeves and it's annoying that indie developers seem to rely on this way of making a game so much. It's a shame because the weapons are fun to use, the gameplay is tight and the soundtrack is pretty great but as soon as you start to mess around with enemy placement and level layouts, that's when I lose interest. I've tried a few times to get into Dead Cells but it just doesn't sit right with me.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

I’m just praying that Hollow Knight Silksong is not procedurally generated. Not read anything to say it would be, but it would be a crushing disappointment if it was. 

1 hour ago, Dog-amoto said:

The fact it’s a roguelike was the reason I didn’t bother at launch as they’re just not my thing at all

57 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The roguelike element is exactly why I can't stomach the game.

23 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

but it would be a crushing disappointment if it was. 

ksu.gif

:p 

I enjoy a good roguelike but it has to be turn-based - there's one on Steam I really hope comes to Switch called The Enchanted Cave 2.  I've given Dead Cells a good look, but the fact it's action-based puts me off.

Seems like all 3 ports are a bit of a disaster... Capcom gave absolutely zero fucks when doing these ports.

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Seems like all 3 ports are a bit of a disaster... Capcom gave absolutely zero fucks when doing these ports.

I think that's Capcom's attitude to the Switch in general. They are killing it on the other consoles but they really don't seem to care about the Switch at all.

• Sad 1

Wouldn’t care if they’d done the best port in the history of mankind. It’s the price that puts me off most. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

content-4-35782-battleworldskronosbanner.jpg

Battle Worlds: Kronos is coming to the Nintendo Switch on June 11th 2019.

It's a strategy game which takes inspiration from Advance Wars amongst other titles.

It will cost £26.99 but there is a physical release as well.

• Thanks 1

How do these gamed play on consoles?

Edited by Kounan

content-4-35789-amongthesleepbanner.jpg

Among the Sleep: Enhanced Edition available now on Switch (and other platforms) to celebrate the games fifth anniversary.

Digital and Physical editions are available, trailer in the article.

Can anyone recommend something open-world, skyrim-esque I can download off the eshop? Looking for something I can fuck about in for a bit.

Edited by LazyBoy