NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

4 hours ago, Shorty said:

What are some great local 2-player games I might've missed? I've got Snipperclips and Overcooked 2.

I can't imagine much better gaming fun than playing Metal Slug (the original or X) or Final Fight (Capcom Beat 'Em Bundle) 2-player.  I'm not 100% sure they're 2-player local, though, I'm just assuming.  Also, Sky Force Reloaded.  I haven't personally played it 2-player (although there are videos of it on YouTube), but it's a brilliant game.

• Thanks 1

I should've mentioned that some things like Metal Slug and Enter the Gungeon might be out of my SO's wheelhouse, might stick with some of the more chilled options :D 

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

3 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I should've mentioned that some things like Metal Slug and Enter the Gungeon might be out of my SO's wheelhouse, might stick with some of the more chilled options :D 

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Then how about New Super Mario Bros? 

I had that on the Wii U and found it... difficult. You had to rely a lot on the other player's skill which made it frustrating for both parties.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's more of a party game than pleasant co-op experience. How about Rayman Legends? Perhaps take a look at Unruly Heroes as well. 

I assumed you are looking for co-op games. Is that correct?

11 hours ago, Shorty said:

What are some great local 2-player games I might've missed? I've got Snipperclips and Overcooked 2.

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is supposed to be pretty good.

If you've got the Sega Megadrive Collection then there would be plenty to choose from on there.

Oh and of course... Deru which is based entirely around co-op, even though it can be played solo, it's double the fun and frustration with two players.

I'm sure there are others but those are just what spring to mind at the moment. :smile:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Shorty said:

I had that on the Wii U and found it... difficult. You had to rely a lot on the other player's skill which made it frustrating for both parties.

PikuNiku is meant to a great game, both in single player and co-op.

Have a look at some trailers, perfect game to play with your SO me thinks! :)

A multiplayer focused eShop sale is starting tomorrow with about 50 titles, the first 13 of which are:

• Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze -33 %
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker -30 %
  • GO VACATION -30 %
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris -40 %
  • EA SPORTS FIFA 19 -50 %
  • Diablo III: Eternal Collection -33 %
  • Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection -30 %
  • Guacamelee! 2 -30 %
  • Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate -30 %
  • Super Meat Boy -30 %
  • TowerFall -30 %
  • Death Squared -30 %
  • Crypt of the NecroDancer: Nintendo Switch Edition -80 %

@Shorty Perhaps you should take a look at the sale tomorrow to see if something interesting comes up.

• Thanks 3

Yeah, Diablo 3 is a really chilled co-op game you could play with your significant other!

• Haha 1

I think it's safe to say the whole Nintendo consoles have pathetic sales is pretty much dead at this point, there's always a great one on.

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

Buy Crypt of the Necrodancer.

EVERYONE BUY IT.

If that didn't work the first time, what makes you think it'll work this time?

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

If that didn't work the first time, what makes you think it'll work this time?

My faith that people here finally realize what a good game is. :p And it's freaking 80% off.

BUY IT!

4 hours ago, Dog-amoto said:

Pode is a good co-op game.

It's 30% off at the moment as well, until at least midnight tonight. @Shorty (just in case)

Speaking of the current sales/offers, I decided to actually buy some... digital games for a change! :o

I couldn't pass up One Strike for 89p especially since @Ashley gave it a good review a few months ago, it has been on my list since.

Then I got Pocket Rumble for £4.89 as it's 30% off, I love Neo Geo Pocket fighting games and this is exactly what that is but a new game.

Having given up on a UK physical release, I bought Capcom Beat 'em Up Bundle for £12.79... now watch it get released in boxed form. :p

VVVVVV is a game I already have on 3DS but... Switch version for half price at £4.49? Why not! :D

I also saw that Freedom Planet was in the sale, I'm going to leave that because the sequel will come out and I bet it gets a boxed release.

Then as for games which weren't in the sale, I got two Sega Ages titles, which are OutRun  and Phantasy Star because I NEED them. :heart:

Plus I got Sonic and Thunderforce IV when they were in a sale a while back, so it's good to support these games...

...now watch Sega release a compliation in a few months, ah well... I don't care, will double dip on that one if so like I did on the 3DS. :peace:

• Like 1

On 07/02/2019 at 7:23 AM, drahkon said:

My faith that people here finally realize what a good game is. :p And it's freaking 80% off.

BUY IT!

Don't listen to these guys. ;)

I bought it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@S.C.G there's already a physical release for Capcom Beat-em Up Bundle. It's Japan only but it apparently has English menus.

Yeah, I saw that but I didn't bother with it, I think for the same reason that I didn't go for the Bayonetta games in its Japanese release.

Even though it contained both games physically, there was something different about the boxart or the spines which just wouldn't have fitted in on the shelf very well.

I have bought Japanese releases before though for other consoles, I got the Asian (English language) release of DMC4 on the PS4 as that has the English wording on the spine.

Capcom really should have just released it over here, even in limited numbers as it's money on the table.

17 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Having given up on a UK physical release, I bought Capcom Beat 'em Up Bundle for £12.79... now watch it get released in boxed form. :p

Quite possibly the best thing on the eShop!  That game is an absolute dream!

• Thanks 1

On 07/02/2019 at 7:17 AM, drahkon said:

Buy Crypt of the Necrodancer.

EVERYONE BUY IT.

For what it's worth, I did buy it.

I just didn't play it :heh:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Jonnas said:

For what it's worth, I did buy it.

tenor.gif

13 hours ago, Jonnas said:

I just didn't play it :heh:

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

I've just seen my go-to 3DS game, Alchemic Dungeons, is coming to the Switch.  It's frustrating but brilliant.  The DX version has four new characters to choose from, and I don't think I'm going to be able to resist buying it.  I just hope it's a bit more generous with the item drops this time, as it was really annoying when you were trying to build a Gold, Dragon or Samurai set and couldn't!

• Like 2