NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

6 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Ended up buying Snipperclips, since that demo has been very popular among my guests.

I'm wondering if I should get the DLC right away, though, since I figure, the main game is meaty enough as is. Do you think Snipperclips' DLC might go into sale again some time this year?

I don't recall seeing it on sale since its release. And the main game is not that meaty, it can be completed in a couple of hours.

(Reply number 1000!)

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Ended up buying Snipperclips, since that demo has been very popular among my guests.

I'm wondering if I should get the DLC right away, though, since I figure, the main game is meaty enough as is. Do you think Snipperclips' DLC might go into sale again some time this year?

I wouldn't bet on the Snipperclips DLC going on sale again for a good while but if you're sure you'll enjoy the main game then there's no harm in jumping on the DLC right away :smile:

I wasn't that keen on the game, personally, though I do see the potential in it for lots of fun.. but it just wasn't for me :hmm:

• Like 1

Finally got Mario Kart at the sale price. I was determined not to pay £50 for a game I played on the Wii U.

Both OlliOlli games are coming to Switch as OlliOlli: Switch Stance according to the US eShop. Out on Valentine's Day over there, hopefully same day or soon after over here. I really enjoyed the first one on Wii U so I'm happy to see them finally come to Switch

1 hour ago, killthenet said:

Both OlliOlli games are coming to Switch as OlliOlli: Switch Stance according to the US eShop. Out on Valentine's Day over there, hopefully same day or soon after over here. I really enjoyed the first one on Wii U so I'm happy to see them finally come to Switch

That title's great!

• Thanks 1

Yo! Pre-ordered WarGroove my good lads!

With asynchronous multiplayer, crossplay, and fog of war,m the long time dream of me and my friends of having an Advance Wars type experience which can also be played whilst living far away from each other has finally been realized.

Here's to another 800 hours of strategic shenanigans! 

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2018 at 4:38 PM, Grazza said:

Johnny Turbo's Arcade has a few new titles on the way, one of which is a multiplayer-focused game using classic Data East sprites!  Not sure any of these are for me, but at least there's still hope of Two Crude Dudes and Caveman Ninja coming to Europe.

Did you see that this finally got released last week? I picked it up but haven't been able to put much time into it yet. We just need Two Crude Dudes to be released over here and i'll be a happy chappy.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Did you see that this finally got released last week? I picked it up but haven't been able to put much time into it yet. We just need Two Crude Dudes to be released over here and i'll be a happy chappy.

Yes, thank you very much.  I have Two Crude Dudes pre-loaded on my Switch, waiting for Thursday!

Caveman Ninja has given me a great laugh.  It's funny to think that something so unremarkable and uncontroversial at the time is actually very un-PC now.  From the "kidnapping the cave babes" beginning to the three alternative endings, it actually seems risqué now!  The "Benny Hill" ending is harmless enough, but the other two could cause offence.  I must admit, all three gave me a huge laugh, because it comes from an admirable enough place.  It's nice to play something where the humour was put above any politics.

DxsUfzqVsAA7NM4.jpg:large

Spoiler

DxxHURXU0AAzfpD.jpg:large

DxxHXlXVYAAb-Sv.jpg:large

DxxHbo2U8AEFhAP.jpg:large

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Grazza said:

Yes, thank you very much.  I have Two Crude Dudes pre-loaded on my Switch, waiting for Thursday!

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware that it was available to pre-order. I'll certainly be snapping that up as I have a lot of fond memories playing it in the arcade and on the Mega Drive.

54 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Anyone played Pool Panic? Quite liking the look of that game. :hehe:

Not yet but I heard great things about it when it was first released. It's supposed to be quite a laugh. I've been waiting for the price to drop and now seems like a good time to buy it. Crossing Souls has been on my watch list for a while now, as well. Although I think it's also on sale over on PSN and I may pick it up for that instead due to trophy support.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Not yet but I heard great things about it when it was first released. It's supposed to be quite a laugh. I've been waiting for the price to drop and now seems like a good time to buy it. Crossing Souls has been on my watch list for a while now, as well. Although I think it's also on sale over on PSN and I may pick it up for that instead due to trophy support.

Probably going to pick both of them up too.

Just had a look at my eShop watch list to see what was on offer and I noticed that Donut County is currently unavailable for purchase. Anyone know why this is? 

On 31/01/2019 at 1:17 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

Not yet but I heard great things about it when it was first released. It's supposed to be quite a laugh. I've been waiting for the price to drop and now seems like a good time to buy it.

I ended up getting it yesterday. Put about an hour into it so far. 

The presentation is interesting but not sure if I’m convinced on the gameplay just yet.

It’s definitely in the right sale though, game is super weird. :grin: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

I ended up getting it yesterday. Put about an hour into it so far. 

The presentation is interesting but not sure if I’m convinced on the gameplay just yet.

It’s definitely in the right sale though, game is super weird. :grin: 

I need to get some credit to buy it. I used what I had on Two Crude Dudes and was going to buy Pool Panic with my remaining funds but noticed Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX was on the eShop. I loved the original on the WiiWare and seen that this new version, which had just recently been released, was also on sale for just over £4.00

In the early 1990s I was reading a section of Sega Pro previewing upcoming Mega Drive games.  One of them - Two Crude Dudes - caught my attention straight away.  Just from the brilliant name and one colourful screenshot, I knew I was going to love it.  I ranted to my classmates about how good this game looked, and one of them told me a local seaside arcade had it.  Sure enough, in that concrete palace on the sand, was Crude Buster (the Japanese name for the coin-op).  I inserted one credit, was overwhelmed and amused by the humour, and went home to await the Mega Drive release.

So excited was I for this game, it's the only cartridge I had that was Genesis rather than Mega Drive.  I'd bought it from a mail order company and they'd sent me the US import.  I remember thinking the PAL release seemed to take ages to appear after that.  The home version had remarkably good graphics and featured a number of tweaks that were actually an improvement on the coin-op.  There was music over the intro screens, if I recall correctly, and gone were the "Pick Up!!" signs that I'd found a little bit... crude in the arcade!  The cola machine had also been turned into a mini-game, rather than just a comical graphic between levels.

This release is a port of the US coin-op, Two Crude.  I actually think it loses a lot by not having the word "Dudes", because that was all part of the joie de vivre.  Even so, I'm such an arcade snob that I'd rather have the coin-op every time, and it's nice to have all the speech that was cut out of the MD version ("Catch!") Like all the other Johnny Turbo's Arcade titles, it does lack some presentation options - personally, I'm hoping they get updated with a "perfect pixel match" mode sometime, like Capcom's Beat 'Em Up Bundle did (some of the older Data East games are more square than 4:3).  Nonetheless, it's still one of the best ways to revisit this classic.

Two Crude Dudes builds upon Bad Dudes with not just jump and attack, but also a throw button, and that's what it's really about.  After all these years, there's something that still puts a massive smile on my face about throwing a car or tank at a giant mutant enemy!  Nothing says "1990" more than Crude Buster.  The jokey machismo, I believe, represents something deep within us.  And not that it's necessarily a good thing, but I don't even think there are any female characters!  I love playing these old games because I feel they were made with more human instinct than the carefully targeted products of today.

Either way, Two Crude is a great laugh.  Data East's coin-ops may not have aged as well as Capcom's, for example, but they were as much a part of the gaming landscape at the time.  Bad Dudes... Caveman Ninja... When I play these, I ask myself if the difficulty is fair.  Can they really be mastered?  In this regard I don't think they gave aged very well (although I might just be rusty with this particular one).  However, I do believe with the awesome sprite work, likeable humour and general enjoyment factor, Two Crude Dudes stands up the best of the lot. "What a day...!"

DyVUmguVYAMn2Bb.jpg:large

DyVUqkWU0AE3UIa.jpg:large

DyVUunNUcAASZpF.jpg:large

DyVUxzpU0AAmQt6.jpg:large

DyVU1a1VAAAOr8M.jpg:large

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Grazza I played through it myself on Friday evening. It did bring back a lot of memories for me but I don't think the game has aged that well. The difficulty of the game is just ridiculous and i'm just glad these games give you the ability for infinite credits. It's no wonder I don't remember much past the second stage. Me and my brother probably spent all of our pennies just to get that far! :D 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@Grazza I played through it myself on Friday evening. It did bring back a lot of memories for me but I don't think the game has aged that well. The difficulty of the game is just ridiculous and i'm just glad these games give you the ability for infinite credits. It's no wonder I don't remember much past the second stage. Me and my brother probably spent all of our pennies just to get that far! :D 

The "Psycho Santa" bit is way more annoying (and dodgy) than I remember!

I used to be good at the Mega Drive version and could reliably complete it with the credits it gave you, but I'm not sure how I'd do the same with the coin-op.  Perhaps the home conversion was just better, gameplay-wise?

What are some great local 2-player games I might've missed? I've got Snipperclips and Overcooked 2.

29 minutes ago, Shorty said:

What are some great local 2-player games I might've missed? I've got Snipperclips and Overcooked 2.

Enter the Gungeon.

Edited by MindFreak
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

Super Mario Party has a fantastic co-op mode and it's well worth the price of the game just for that. I've only had the opportunity to play it a couple of times but both times were hilarious experiences. It plays much better than the standard board game mode, IMO.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Shorty said:

Starlink is very good for co-op.

• Thanks 1