NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

2 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Ah, I was under the impression it was also some remake.. But regardless, going over the trailer again, it does look more ambitious. And the anime cutscenes must be expensive. :laughing:

I suspect Monster Boy has a physical release somewhere, whereas Wonder Boy was initially download-only (they are produced by different companies, of course).  This is one of the reasons I'm against physical releases for games that seem to have been more intended for download - the prices always seem artificially high.

6 minutes ago, Grazza said:

I suspect Monster Boy has a physical release somewhere, whereas Wonder Boy was initially download-only (they are produced by different companies, of course).  This is one of the reasons I'm against physical releases for games that seem to have been more intended for download - the prices always seem artificially high.

Monster Boy was supposed to have a physical release everywhere but for some strange reason it got pulled for its EU release. Same with Katamari. Us EU gamers who prefer physical goods are getting screwed over left and right. :( 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I'm getting Monster Boy for review once I get home from vacation. Guacamelee 2 will probably be my Christmas game. Gris, it looks good but I'll wait for reviews. And then Smash is already downloaded, just waiting for it to be playable. I'll get up early Friday morning to play a little before the rest of the family gets up. 

Well, that was a nice surprise!  Arcade Archives Double Dragon II is available today.  I had no idea it was coming at all.

Played Monster Boy for a bit more than an hour today. It seems utterly great and very true to it's inspiration. 

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

Played Monster Boy for a bit more than an hour today. It seems utterly great and very true to it's inspiration. 

I'm playing it now, almost got owned by the first boss.

Game is gorgeous! I'm a sucker for hand drawn sprites! Lots of fun too.

37 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'm playing it now, almost got owned by the first boss.

Game is gorgeous! I'm a sucker for hand drawn sprites! Lots of fun too.

Yeah, I had a potion that saved me. Was a bit unlucky and got caught between some tentacles and small fry that almost got me. 

It truly is gorgeous, and the sound is great. The theme song reminds me of Gummi Bears. 

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

Yeah, I had a potion that saved me. Was a bit unlucky and got caught between some tentacles and small fry that almost got me. 

It truly is gorgeous, and the sound is great. The theme song reminds me of Gummi Bears. 

...Bouncing here and there and everywhere!  I've got it in my head now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Limited Run games have Cosmic Star Heroine and Shantea's Pirate Curse uo for preorder.

For anyone interested, that is, anyone who's never has played Katamari Damacy before, and is not busy playing Smash, there is a demo out.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

There were several announcements for Switch in the Kinda Funny Showcase, one of the most notable is the text message based Syrian refugee story 'Bury Me, My Love' - which was nominated at the Game Awards in the Games For Impact category, is coming in January. 

@Hero-of-Time A physical version of Celeste is coming, will be up for pre-order on Limited Run from January 1st.

Edited by killthenet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll deffo be picking up Katamari Damarcy, one of my favourite games on PS2. Will probably get Donut Country too. 

Monster Boy is really great. About halfway through, maybe a bit more and it's got quite good with some nice puzzles and some good, challenging areas. 

Katamari Damacy:

5 seconds after booting up: BEST GAME EVER.

5 seconds after actually starting the game: WORST GAME EVER.

I'm exaggerating, but the controls (which don't get explained in the demo) got on my nerves. Had to Google them. After that, I can see I can get used to them, but with so many games out this month.. Rolling a ball (unintuitively) while picking up garbage just isn't really doing it for me. I do love the quirky Japanse style, but the gameplay just isn't interesting.

Quarantine Circular shadow dropped 2 days ago, or was it yesterday? I loved the story of the prvious game, so I downloaded this one straight away.

With a physical release announcement for Celeste I can postpone that one, I intended to get one in the Christmas sale.

Seeing as I'm busy with Smash, and Mario Odyssey is on the backlog, I think I'll only buy one, smaller game: Crypt of the Necrodancer. Hopefully roguelikes are a good fit for the Switch

I had my eye on Everspace, but €40 is way too steep a price for me. So I picked up Manticore: Galaxy on Fire instead, currently on sale. Let's see if that can satisfy my space shooting fix. And picked up Shantae: Half-genie Hero, loved The Pirate's Curse so this should be good.

There's a huge new sale on the Switch eShop. Purchased Into The Breach, Grim Fandango Remastered and Broken Age all for dirt cheap. 

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is now £33 and has jumped to the top of the eShop chart as a result.

For a console that's said to have "pathetic sales", there certainly are a lot of great sales on the eShop!

I think that Big Sale has ended, it ran until January 3. There is a new sale however, mostly Nintendo-published titles like ARMS, Splatoon 2 and indeed MK8 Deluxe. Splatoon's Octo Expansion is on sale as well, may pick that up.

A news article appeared earlier detailing a bunch of new games that are on sale, including Stardew Valley, which I believe hasn’t been reduced on Switch yet (had it on my watch list for a long time :hehe:) but clicking through to the eShop the majority of titles listed are still full price. So it’s either a mistake or they just haven’t activated all of the discounts yet.

*EDIT* Or, it’s that I completely misinterpreted the news article in the first place... :heh: Pretty cheeky of Nintendo to do that kind of promotion when some of those games were actually cheaper a few hours earlier though.

I picked up a few games in the first wave of the sale though, Zen Bound 2, Kero Blaster and Lode Runner Legacy.

Enjoying all of those, but especially Kero Blaster which turned out to be so much my cup of tea it’s unreal. :D 

Cracking soundtrack too:

:love: 

Edited by RedShell

Ended up buying Snipperclips, since that demo has been very popular among my guests.

I'm wondering if I should get the DLC right away, though, since I figure, the main game is meaty enough as is. Do you think Snipperclips' DLC might go into sale again some time this year?

Edited by Jonnas