NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

8 minutes ago, killthenet said:

YouTube app is available for download now. I can't imagine I'll get too much use out of it because of the Switch's poor WiFi but it's nice to finally have the option to watch Nintendo directs on the Switch

Nice. I thought the rumour for the app to be released today wasn't gonna come true. Time to fire it up and give it a whirl.

Seems pretty slick so far. Nice UI and 60fps playback if available. And you can do those 360 degree videos apparently

Is it possible to upload gameplay clips to it? It'd make saving video clips much more appealing, I've got no interest in uploading anything to Twitter or Facebook.

1 minute ago, Mandalore said:

Is it possible to upload gameplay clips to it? It'd make saving video clips much more appealing, I've got no interest in uploading anything to Twitter or Facebook.

Sadly not, thats a feature I was hoping would be in there but it doesn't allow you to upload anything. It seems like a straight port of the TV app, looks the same and seems to have the same features, so I don't think they've customised it for Switch at all. Hopefully they add upload functionality in a future update.

Yeah, it's just the bog-standard TV app.  There's no Switch specific features at all.

Would've been good if they had it switch to the mobile Youtube app when playing in handheld mode; no touchscreen support is terrible!

Edited by Dcubed

Just a heads-up - I noticed there is now a demo for 99 Vidas, which also has a pre-order discount.

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:05 AM, Hero-of-Time said:
Love me some R-Type!

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:52 PM, Clownferret said:

Damn straight. Day 1

Just for the record, this is available to download now, with a pre-order discount.  Got mine already!

• Like 1

I played R-Type last night, but it's much more difficult than my vague memory of it, with as many environmental hazards as enemies.  Is anyone here good at it?  I just don't see how it can be mastered.

On 11/14/2018 at 10:05 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Love me some R-Type!

I'm just not a fan of these visuals... think I'd rather dig out an SP and stick R-Type DX in :D

Edit: oooh, the game does have classic visuals though... and it's kinda perfect for Switch.....

20 hours ago, Grazza said:

I played R-Type last night, but it's much more difficult than my vague memory of it, with as many environmental hazards as enemies.  Is anyone here good at it?  I just don't see how it can be mastered.

We're just soft now :p too many tutorials, saves and infinite lives.

4 hours ago, Shorty said:

We're just soft now :p too many tutorials, saves and infinite lives.

I don't know, I never really played it much even back in the '80s - I was just aware that it was one of the "big" games.  The coin-ops I actually did play back then - Double Dragon, Bad Dudes - are as I remember them; I'm just amazed at how difficult R-Type is!

It seems like there are a few high profile games hitting the eShop this month.

GRIS

Katamari Damacy Reroll ( confirmed as digital only over here in the EU)

Monster Boy ( again, digital only over here )

Battle Princess Madelyn 

Guacamelee! 2

December is supposed to be a quiet month for games!

• Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It seems like there are a few high profile games hitting the eShop this month.

And they’re all likely to die a horrible death. :heh: 

Going up against Smash Bros. Ultimate is surely going to wreck the sales of these games. :hmm: 

Altough I guess they’ll pick up in the new year. I certainly intend on checking out Katamari and Guacamelee 2 at some point.

GRIS, Monster Boy and of course Guacamelee 2 for me... in January... after I've gotten round to the Messenger... and Abzu, and Bomb Chicken, and Hyper Light Drifter, ... oh and Smash. :blank:

• Haha 2

I'm waiting for physical for Messenger. Gris is day 1, no Smash is getting in the way of that. Monster Boy.. seems expensive compared to Wonder Boy? Does the game have that much content? I probably will buy Abzu, haven't done so yet because I'm playing other games. No interest in Guacamelee. Did have interest in Princess Madelyn, but that may be the one who will have to wait. other than that, Smash and Fitness Boxing, maybe something from my backlog for Christmas, though I was also considering a Raspberry pi. Maybe I'll buy a few backlog items myself. Oh and still need to import Mega Man.

2 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I'm waiting for physical for Messenger. Gris is day 1, no Smash is getting in the way of that. Monster Boy.. seems expensive compared to Wonder Boy? Does the game have that much content? I probably will buy Abzu, haven't done so yet because I'm playing other games. No interest in Guacamelee. Did have interest in Princess Madelyn, but that may be the one who will have to wait. other than that, Smash and Fitness Boxing, maybe something from my backlog for Christmas, though I was also considering a Raspberry pi. Maybe I'll buy a few backlog items myself. Oh and still need to import Mega Man.

Monster Boy is brand new, Wonder Boy was a remake.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ike said:

Monster Boy is brand new, Wonder Boy was a remake.

Ah, I was under the impression it was also some remake.. But regardless, going over the trailer again, it does look more ambitious. And the anime cutscenes must be expensive. :laughing:

3 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Ah, I was under the impression it was also some remake.. But regardless, going over the trailer again, it does look more ambitious. And the anime cutscenes must be expensive. :laughing:

They use handdrawn sprites so that probably took some resources.

10 minutes ago, Ike said:

They use handdrawn sprites so that probably took some resources.

Yeah but that's what Wonder Boy already did, so that in itself doesn't make it standout from that. In fact, the game initially used retro sprites. But the backgrounds are more elaborate and it does seem to have more content.