NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

The second part of the summer sale is now on.

There’s 40% off Bomb Chicken, might have to nab that. :hehe:

• Thanks 3

Quite a list indeed! May get Saturday Morning RPG, Bomb Chicken and maybe Manticore.

I'll probably get Mulaka. I think I have enough roguelikes for the time being.l so will not pick up Darkest Dungeon.

Definitely pick up Mulaka, probably my GOTY so far. I just watched Black Panther and a lot of it weirdly syncs up with Mulaka, a lot of tribal myth and mysterious power derived from plants. The combat feels really good and there are some fantastic boss fights too.

Also Minit is out today, it wasn't live on the eShop when I checked earlier so must be going up when it comes out in the US but that's one I'll definitely be getting straight away.

Edited by killthenet

57 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Quite a list indeed! May get Saturday Morning RPG, Bomb Chicken and maybe Manticore.

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

The second part of the summer sale is now on.

There’s 40% off Bomb Chicken, might have to nab that. :hehe:

I highly recommend Bomb Chicken & Saturday Morning RPG.  I also recommend Danmaku Unlimited 3. It's quite the hidden gem on the eShop that is great for those who like SHUMPs with a rocking soundtrack. Well worth the £4 asking price @S.C.G.

I may pick up Battle Chef Brigade. I've had my eye on it for a while.

• Thanks 1

I hadn't bought Bomb Chicken yet so picked it up, thanks for the heads up @RedShell

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

I'll probably get Mulaka. I think I have enough roguelikes for the time being.l so will not pick up Darkest Dungeon.

Give Darkest Dungeon a go at some point though. It's in my top 5 favourite games ever. I may have sung its praises once or twice.

Edited by Ronnie

Picked up Bomb Chicken and Hiragana Pixel Party from the sale, and Minit from the regular offerings. I have interest in Mulaka, and many, many others, but I kinow I'm not going to play it soon, so I'll refrain from buying right now. Next purchase is going to be State of Mind (retail).

For some strange reason I got to level 12 in Bomb Chicken and it started to make me feel ill, sort of strange motion sickness. Not sure if the FPS drops badly but my god I felt ill. Tried again the next day and the same thing happened 

Edited by Kaxxx

On 11/08/2018 at 11:27 PM, Kaxxx said:

For some strange reason I got to level 12 in Bomb Chicken and it started to make me feel ill, sort of strange motion sickness. Not sure if the FPS drops badly but my god I felt ill. Tried again the next day and the same thing happened 

Subliminal messaging? Brown noise?

You should Google it to find out if others experienced the same. And visit a doctor maybe? Weird

I just wanted to stop by and say that both Hollow Knight and Salt & Sanctuary are absolutely amazing games and are so perfect for the Switch.

Highly recommend both to all. Just finishing off my review for the latter but it will be a fairly good score...

• Like 1

Hollow Knight is just amazing. I can't stop thinking about it, once I got over the early hump of wanting throw my controller through the TV it ended up being pretty much the best Metroidvania I've ever played. 

Just finished playing through Minit, really fun game but I ran into an issue with the audio. After I'd been playing for a while the music would just stop playing, quitting to the Switch menu and restarting the game would bring it back and with the way saves work it wasn't much of an inconvenience but it was a bit annoying having to quit and reload the game to be able to experience it properly. Otherwise it's really fun if a little short. 

My recent Switch eShop activity...

Cat Quest.
Thoroughly enjoyable and super addictive RPG, real-time combat makes all the difference for me when it comes to this genre. Didn't take long for me to finish the main game (including all side quests) but then, I couldn't stop playing the damn thing! :heh: 

The Adventure Pals.
Another one of those "caught my eye games" when checking out what was on sale. Turned out to be an entertaining (not to mention completely bonkers :D) platformer with quite a bit of content to boot. Slightly rough in places, but overall a pretty nice game.

Ninja Striker!
Yep, the elusive Ninja Striker, the game that disappeared from the European eShop inexplicably (preventing me from purchasing it earlier) is now available again and part of the current sale, so I decided to snap it up! It's a fun combo based action game with simple controls making it perfect for quick pick up and play sessions, the visual and musical style reminds me of the Mystical Ninja series too, which is a big plus. :love:

And finally, last night I started playing TumbleSeed.
Love what I've played of it so far, it manages to be both brutally difficult and somehow unbelievably relaxing at the same time! :heh: Not experienced anything quite like that before in a game, so yeah, very interesting indeed. The soundtrack is at times very similar to that of The Tomorrow Children (same composer) which is awesome, but also makes me a bit sad remembering that wonderful game which was so cruelly taken away from us. :cry: 

Anyway, been having a lot of fun with download titles at the moment. While discounts may be few and far between on Nintendo's own games (not to mention stingy as hell :laughing:) I am thankful for all the decent savings to be made on the large variety of indie games in the eShop instead. :) There are still a few more which are part of the summer sale that I want to pick up too, will probably get Bomb Chicken next.

• Thanks 4

Super Mario Party is now available for pre-purchase on the eShop at £49.99, with double gold coins (worth £2.50).

22 minutes ago, Tim B said:

Super Mario Party is now available for pre-purchase on the eShop at £49.99, with double gold coins (worth £2.50).

Looks like I know what I'm pre-purchasing payday.

7 hours ago, Emerald Emblem said:

Looks like I know what I'm pre-purchasing payday.

You going all digital with Switch? Even with the coin bonus it's still more expensive than the retail version.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You going all digital with Switch? Even with the coin bonus it's still more expensive than the retail version.

Anything I'm not sure of like "Pokemon Let's go" I go physical so I can get some money back if I don't like it. I plan to get this and make it a staple of my game Nights so not having to swap carts is a big plus.

Edited by Emerald Emblem
  • Thanks 1

Picked up Battle Chef Brigade in the sale yesterday and put a bit of time into it. Yeah, i'm not really feeling it. I swear the game's frame rate stutters a bit when doing the combat sections. It seems when i'm gathering ingredients and battling that the game doesn't run half as smoothly as it does when i'm just walking around town or mixing my food.

So I noted Freedom Planet is now available to pre-purchase for £12.99, always thought it was a game I'd more likely complete on Switch rather than Steam.

content-4-35603-onimushawarlordsbanner.jpg

Onimusha: Warlords for Nintendo Switch

Yes please Capcom, but have a think about releasing it physically for all regions and across all formats.

(Got to think of videogame preservation afterall)

:peace:

Christ, Huber really does get whatever he wants. Streets Of Rage sequel yesterday and an Onimusha remaster today! 

Always wanted to play Onimusha so will definitely check it out 

• Haha 3

New Sale is up: Play Online Sale, focusing on those games that will require the Online Subscription. Still a good chance to pick up games like Doom, Rocket League, MK8, Splatoon 2, ARMS and more.

• Thanks 1

https://nintendoeverything.com/hamster-announces-next-set-of-neogeo-games-for-switch/

https://nintendoeverything.com/hamster-bringing-arcade-archives-donkey-kong-jr-urban-champion-and-more-to-switch/

16 upcoming ACA games were announced!

Neo Geo:

The King of Fighters 2001
Zupapa!
3 Count Bout
Pleasure Goal
Savage Reign
Strikers 1945 Plus
Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble
Bust-A-Move Again/Puzzle Bobble 2

(the last two were confirmed earlier)

Other:

Donkey Kong Jr
Urban Champion
Alpha Mission
Ninja-Kid II
Route-16
Athena
Ikari Warriors
Image Fight

Pretty nice list of games really! (Except for Urban Champion, eff Urban Champion)

3 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Pretty nice list of games really! (Except for Urban Champion, eff Urban Champion)

Come on now, Urban Champion has to appear on every Ninty console these days.

Just give in and buy it already. You know you want to.