NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

On 23/03/2018 at 12:53 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

The Arcade Archives version of Punch-Out!! will be hitting the Japanese eShop next week. I assume it will be hitting our eShop at the same time.

Typical. I was saving my Gold Coins for this but since there was no sign of it, I used them on Shantea.

Picked up Bomberman in the sale as well.

Add me to the list of cheapskates that picked up Kamiko in the sale. :heh:

It’s a nice game, albeit very short (cleared it with all three characters in under 2 hours) but there’s one particular section that is just infuriating! And having to do it 3 times wasn’t fun. :shakehead

Spoiler

Yeah, it’s the parts where you need to carry an item to another location, specifically though, the key on the final stage. :nono:

You can’t run or attack while carrying an object, add this to the fact enemies constantly respawn out of thin air (often right in front of your face) and some chase you or fire projectiles, if they hit you the item is dropped and you have to start over. Soooooo annoying. :mad:

Other than that unfortunate gameplay mechanic though, Kamiko was pretty enjoyable.

Anyway, having finished Kamiko I decided to grab another game that’s been sitting in my watch list for quite a while, SteamWorld Dig. :) 

Somehow I managed to miss this game on 3DS and every other platform it’s released on since, so it’s great to finally check it out on the Switch. Really enjoying what I’ve played of it so far too, so much so that I’m already considering the sequel and SteamWord Heist as well!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Somehow I managed to miss this game on 3DS and every other platform it’s released on since, so it’s great to finally check it out on the Switch. Really enjoying what I’ve played of it so far too, so much so that I’m already considering the sequel and SteamWord Heist as well!

I really digged (HA!) Steamworld Dig too (HAHA!).

I also still have to play the sequel but feel that even at €15,- it’s a bit pricey. Is the sequel a lot beefier than the first game?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, markderoos said:

I really digged (HA!) Steamworld Dig too (HAHA!).

I also still have to play the sequel but feel that even at €15,- it’s a bit pricey. Is the sequel a lot beefier than the first game?

The sequel is not only much beefier it's also widely considered one of (if not the) best indie game on Switch. Top 3 at the very least  

Worth every penny. 

16 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Anyway, having finished Kamiko I decided to grab another game that’s been sitting in my watch list for quite a while, SteamWorld Dig. :) 

The original is well worth it for the discounted price. Also picked it up and going through it before I start 2.

8/10 😂

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hated Steamworld Dig. Found it incredibly boring to play. Haven't touched Dig 2 for that reason.

Heist, on the other hand, is pure fun. It's like Worms, just less crazy overall, which is fine. The gameplay is awesome. Can really recommend that.

• Sad 1

Snake Pass is on 50% discount. Is it worth it?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Kounan said:

No.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kounan said:

Yes!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kounan said:

This game is quite decisive, so I doubt you'll get a clear answer from asking. Here's a great video going into why Snake Pass is an interesting game.

• Like 1

Snake Pass is an interesting game that's for sure. I got bored with it pretty quickly because it isn't relaxing or overly interesting to play. The controls make this game hard to master and may give you a headache because you need to concentrate a lot when trying to do something and I don't like games where the controls are the main difficulty, which is what I felt like when I played it. 

So no, I wouldn't recommend it but if you are still curious about it, then go for it. It's an interesting game.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed Snake Pass myself; wasn't sure if it was just because it was the first "big" indie release on the console and, at the time, we were somewhat starved of games (remember those days!) 

But I've gone back to it recently and it's still full of charm, vibrant worlds and the David Wise music score is amazing.

If you're just going to try and complete the levels A to B then it's fairly simple ish to do, yet getting all the collectables can be tricky and the controls can be annoying.

10 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

The controls make this game hard to master and may give you a headache because you need to concentrate a lot when trying to do something and I don't like games where the controls are the main difficulty, which is what I felt like when I played it. 

So no, I wouldn't recommend it but if you are still curious about it, then go for it. It's an interesting game.

Exactly how I felt, it was annoying to control which makes some parts of the game extremely tedious.

But it is unique and for the discounted price might be a nice little game if you have the patience to master the controls.

.. And here's is a great video going into why Snake pass is not a good game.

Edit:

Maybe you should open a new topic and make a poll @Kounan.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, it looks like it's a no. Or at least for now.

What about Vesta?

The thing is that I need a nice platformer (sort of) as I have to finish Xenoblade 2, than Resident Evil 2, Mario & Rabbids, plus there is NBA, FIFA and ARMS.

1 hour ago, Kounan said:

What about Vesta?

The thing is that I need a nice platformer (sort of) as I have to finish Xenoblade 2, than Resident Evil 2, Mario & Rabbids, plus there is NBA, FIFA and ARMS.

3D? 2D? Which do you already have? Don't you want to finish those other games first? :indeed:

5 hours ago, Kounan said:

What about Vesta?

Celeste? 

Well, I enjoyed SteamWorld Dig so much that I ended up jumping straight into the sequel. Was going to play something else first, to mix things up a bit, but just couldn’t wait to get digging again! :hehe: 

I’m now loving SteamWorld Dig 2 just as much as the first game, if not more. It’s improved in pretty much every area over the original and definitely a lot beefier. So yeah, @markderoos I definitely recommend checking it out. :) 

• Thanks 1

Woo! Punchout!! :D 

Nintendo eShop (Switch)

Outlast 2 (Red Barrels) - €29.99/£26.99

Outlast 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed survival horror game Outlast. Set in the same universe as the first game, but with different characters and a different setting, Outlast 2 is a twisted new journey into the depths of the human mind and its dark secrets.

Warp Shift (ISBIT GAMES) - €9.99/£8.99
Warp Shift is a unique puzzle game set in a mysterious world. It takes you on a marvellous journey that challenges your mind and stimulates your senses. Experience beautiful visuals, challenging puzzles and intriguing sound design.

ACA NEOGEO SENGOKU 3 (HAMSTER) - €6.99/£6.29
“SENGOKU 3” is a side-scrolling action game released by SNK in 2001. In order to purge malicious souls, Shinobi travel the world to defeat the undead. Cut, smash, throw, and use weapons as well as Ninja Arts and Ultimate Ninja Arts in this hyper-action ninja game.

Adventures of Bertram Fiddle: Episode 1: A Dreadly Business (Chorus Worldwide Games) - €5.49/£4.99
The Adventures of Bertram Fiddle is a hilarious tongue-in-cheek point and click adventure game that mixes the classic formula up with riveting action elements all weaved together lovingly by Rumpus Animation.

ClusterPuck 99 (Coatsink Software) - €8.49/£7.69
ClusterPuck 99 is top-down competitive local multiplayer sports game filled with fun and frantic action!

Bash your opponents to gain control of the puck and then fight your way through to their goal. Avoid spikes and use speed boosts in the maps to blast past other players.

Gotcha Racing 2nd (ARC SYSTEM WORKS) - €9.99/£8.99
Get parts from the gacha and customize your own original machine. Win the variety of races and aim the top of the Grand Prix!

Lode Runner Legacy (Tozai Games) - €11.99/£10.79
Collect all gold in the level and escape! But watch out for the multitudes of enemies and traps in the labyrinthine levels! The Runner can blast floors, so strategically use this technique to capture the gold imbedded in blocks, or entrap your enemies in the blocks! Use your wisdom and strategic techniques to complete all the levels!

The Charming Empire (D3 Publisher) - €24.99/£19.99
“The Charming Empire” is a dating simulation game set in the Taisho Roman era of Japanese history. Popular voice actors known for their talent in anime and video games bring our five main characters to life. Your ears will thank you to hear their performances across all the main scenarios.

Unholy Heights (mebius.) - €4.89/£4.39
"Unholy Heights" is a combination of Apartment Management Simulation and Tower Defense.  As the devil, you have to collect rents, use them to improve the living environment, and beat all the human adventures with the power of tenants!

Atelier Lydie & Suelle ~The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings~ (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, available March 30) - €59.99/£53.99
Lydie and Suelle are twin sisters, who are also alchemists, living in Merveille, the capital of Kingdom of Adalet, and they aim to make their atelier the best atelier in the kingdom.

One day, they find a Mysterious Painting with a strange and wonderful world inside of it, full of rare materials for their alchemy. This discovery is sure to become the very key to realizing their dream.

Penny-Punching Princess (NIS America, available March 30) - €39.99/£39.99
Penny-Punching Princess is an isometric brawler that takes place in a world ruled by capitalism, where cash is king. Fight or bribe your way to reclaiming your kingdom from the greedy Dragoloans.

Arcade Archives PUNCH-OUT!! (HAMSTER, available March 30) - €6.99/£6.29
“PUNCH-OUT!!” is a sports-action game released by Nintendo in 1984. Watch your opponents' expressions and moves as you use a variety of punches and defensive moves on your path to become the boxing champion. The game became extremely popular with the double monitor setup, introducing intense boxing with dynamic graphics.

Alteric (Sometimes You, available March 30) - €4.99/£4.49
Only Yesterday You Were A Man.

Today Everything Has Changed.

You Died.

But your soul is still there. It’s a piece of light energy trapped in the alien space between two worlds.

Devious Dungeon (Ratalaika Games, available March 30) - €7.99/£7.99
Under orders by the King, players assume the control of a Knight instructed to head into the catacombs beneath the Kingdom, to slay the fowl beasts and monstrosities that have invaded the murky depths.

Farm Expert 2018 for Nintendo Switch (SimFabric, available March 30) - €24.99/£22.49
The special edition of farming simulator Farm Expert 2018 for Nintendo Switch which succeeded on mobile platforms last year with over 2 million installations now on Nintendo Switch.

Shadow Bug (Muro Studios, available March 30) - €8.99/£8.09
You are the overpowered ninja hero Shadow Bug! Save your home forest from the evil factory by slicing monsters to pieces. Adventure through beautiful and twisted landscapes full of action and adventure as the ultimate ninja.

TENGAI for Nintendo Switch (Zerodiv, available March 30) - €6.99/£6.99
A great commander ruled an eastern plain for a long time, but his mind completely changed one day. Princess Futsu learned about his dreadful plot inside the castle. She released her family treasures, the hisou stones, outside the castle. The stones flew into the sky and fell into 5 brave warriors.

Toki Tori (Two Tribes Publishing, available March 30) - €4.99/£4.49 (€4.49/£4.04 until April 13)
Take control of Toki Tori, a surprisingly heroic chicken, as he puzzles his way through 80+ levels spread over 5 unique worlds.

10 Second Run RETURNS Demo (BLUE PRINT) - Free
The action game "10 Second Run" is back! The rules (and controls) are simple: "Move Sideways" and "Jump & Dash" to get to the finish line in under 10 seconds! You'll be surprised how much excitement is packed in 10 seconds- and how long 10 seconds can be!

Lode Runner Legacy Demo Version (Tozai Games) - Free
Collect all gold in the level and escape! But watch out for the multitudes of enemies and traps in the labyrinthine levels! The Runner can blast floors, so strategically use this technique to capture the gold imbedded in blocks, or entrap your enemies in the blocks! Use your wisdom and strategic techniques to complete all the levels!

Word Search by POWGI Demo (Lightwood Games) - Free
Word Search by POWGI includes more than 300 puzzles to keep you - and your friends - puzzling for hours!

Downloadable Content

A.O.T. 2: Additional Episodes, 12-Episode Set (KOEI TECMO EUROPE) - €8.99/£8.09
A.O.T. 2: Additional Episode: "A Sudden Rain" (KOEI TECMO EUROPE) - €0.99/£0.89
A.O.T. 2: Additional Episode: "Goddess Salvation" (KOEI TECMO EUROPE) - €0.99/£0.89
A.O.T. 2: Additional Episode: "A Conered Rat" (KOEI TECMO EUROPE) - €0.99/£0.89
A.O.T. 2: Additional Armin Costume: "Kiddie Outfit" (KOEI TECMO EUROPE) - €3.49/£3.19
A.O.T. 2: Additional Jean Costume: "Clown Outfit" (KOEI TECMO EUROPE) - €3.49/£3.19
A.O.T. 2: Additional Conny Costume: "Kung Fu Outfit" (KOEI TECMO EUROPE) - €3.49/£3.19
A.O.T. 2: Additional Christa Costume: "Cutesy Goth Outfit" (KOEI TECMO EUROPE) - €3.49/£3.19
A.O.T. 2: Additional Sasha Costume: "Cheerleader Outfit" (KOEI TECMO EUROPE) - €3.49/£3.19

Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition: Star Wars Sequel Skin Pack (Mojang) - €2.99/£2.39

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... The epic adventure continues with the Star Wars Sequel Skin Pack. Explore both sides of the Force, Minecraft-style, as powerful Star Wars characters like Rey and Kylo Ren from Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition: Halo Mash-up (Mojang) - €5.99/£4.79
Two of the greatest games ever come together. Welcome to the Minecraft Halo Mash-up Pack, which includes new Skins, new Textures, classic Halo music, and an amazing Halo world filled with iconic moments to explore.

Chess Ultra: Isle of Lewis chess set (Ripstone Publishing) - €3.99/£2.99
Inspired by the Isle of Lewis chess set, this download pack for Chess Ultra contains an incredibly detailed set of chess pieces made from walrus ivory (virtual, of course!).

This pack contains a chess set only, which can be used in any environment in the game.

Fire Emblem Warriors: Fire Emblem Awakening DLC Pack (Nintendo) - €8.99/£8.09
This DLC is themed around Fire Emblem: Awakening.

New Playable Characters
Three new History Mode maps, each retelling a story from the Fire Emblem franchise.
New Costumes
New Weapons
Broken-Armor Models

Pic-a-Pix Deluxe - Giant Puzzles 1 (Lightwood Games) - €2.99/£2.99
An additional pack of 30 extra-large puzzles. (15 30x20 puzzles and 15 35x25 puzzles)

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: New Quests (Nintendo)
DLC only accessible via the Expansion Pass.

New quests:
Passion of the Artisan
M.I.A. Nopon
Industrial Sort of Tour
Midnight Feasting
The Lone Watchman
Nopon of Good Tastes
Cleared of All Charges
Beneath the Aurora
Upgrades and Tinkering
Most Awful News?!

Pre-orders

It's Spring Again (Sometimes You) - €1.99/£1.79

Pre-Order until 17.04.2018, 14:59 CEST

Game description: This game intended to develop associational and logical thinking. By following the hints, children help the seasons change. They learn the order of the seasons and create a melody for each of them with a little help from their parents and the narrator.

Masters of Anima (Focus Home Interactive) - €19.99/£15.99 (€17.99/£14.39 until April 9)
Pre-Order until 10.04.2018, 09:59 local time

Game description: Masters of Anima is an original adventure game that takes you deep into the magical world of Spark. Battle against the forces of evil in strategic, action-packed battles, where making tactical decisions quickly is vital. Summon and control large armies of up to 100 Guardians, thanks to intuitive and innovative gameplay.

BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers (Plug In Digital) - €4.99/£4.49
Pre-Order until 19.04.2018, 14:59 CEST

Game description: Challenge your friends, pick a funky car and outrun them with your driving skills and dirty tricks. Ram them out of your way or pick up bonuses to wreck them.

Burly Men at Sea (Plug In Digital) - €9.99/£8.99
Pre-Order until 12.04.2018, 14:59 CEST

Game description: Set in the waters of early 20th-century Scandinavia, the game's story branches through a series of encounters with creatures from folklore. You play as storyteller and wayfinder, shaping the narrative around three ungainly heroes. Play through once for a single tale, then set sail again to uncover paths to new adventures.

Word Search by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €7.99/£6.99
Pre-Order until 12.04.2018, 14:59 CEST

Game description: Word Search by POWGI includes more than 300 puzzles to keep you - and your friends - puzzling for hours!

Zombillie (Forever Entertainment) - €4.99/£4.49 (€4.49/£4.00 until April 12)
Pre-Order until 05.04.2018, 14:59 CEST

Game description: Help Zombillie reach the legendary meat farm! A long road lies ahead: 90 complex levels full of puzzles and traps. So stand on your feet - all 100 of them - and just ride!

Special offers
Snow Moto Racing Freedom (Bigben Interactive) - €17.49/£15.74 (ends April 2, normally €34.99/£31.49)
Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (Bigben Interactive) - €17.49/£15.74 (ends April 2, normally €34.99/£31.49)
Snake Pass (SUMODIGITAL) - €9.99/£7.99 (ends April 10, normally €19.99/£15.99)
Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure DELUXE (Reign Bros) - €11.20/£10.10 (ends April 8, normally €14.99/£13.49)
3D MiniGolf (Joindots) - €17.99/£16.19 (ends April 12, normally €19.99/£17.99)
Island Flight Simulator (Joindots) - €17.99/£16.19 (ends April 12, normally €19.99/£17.99)
10 Second Run RETURNS (BLUE PRINT) - €4.50/£3.88 (ends April 11, normally €5.00/£4.32)
BRAWL (QubicGames) - €7.99/£7.19 (ends April 22, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Beach Buggy Racing (Vector) - €4.99/£4.99 (ends April 5, normally €9.99/£9.99)
BOOST BEAST (ARC SYSTEM WORKS) - €6.99/£6.29 (ends April 11, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Chess Ultra (Ripstone Publishing) - €9.99/£7.99 (ends April 12, normally €12.49/£9.99)
Koi DX (CIRCLE Ent.) - €4.00/£3.99 (ends April 12, normally €5.00/£4.99)
New Frontier Days ~Founding Pioneers~ (ARC SYSTEM WORKS) - €8.49/£7.64 (ends April 11, normally €9.99/£8.99)
PAN-PAN A tiny big adventure (CIRCLE Ent.) - €4.00/£3.99 (ends April 12, normally €5.00/£4.99)
Riptide GP: Renegade (Vector Unit) - €4.99/£4.99 (ends April 5, normally €9.99/£9.99)
Thimbleweed Park (Terrible Toybox) - €9.99/£7.49 (ends March 31, normally €19.99/£14.99)
Transcripted (Plug In Digital) - €6.79/£5.94 (ends April 5, normally €7.99/£6.99)
Xenoraid (10tons) - €6.69/£6.02 (ends April 4, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Hiragana Pixel Party (SPRINGLOADED) - €6.79/£5.90 (ends April 5, normally €7.99/£6.99)
Nuclien (SPRINGLOADED) - €1.70/£1.49 (ends April 5, normally €3.49/£2.99)
Ultra Hyperball (SPRINGLOADED) - €4.99/£4.49 (ends April 5, normally €9.99/£8.99)

Conditional Discounts
Zombillie (Forever Entertainment) - €2.49/£2.24 if you own Sparkle 2 EVO, Sparkle 3 Genesis, Frederic 2: Evil Strikes Back, Frederic: Resurrection of Music (normally €4.99/£4.49)
Grid Mania (QubicGames) - €3.19/£2.87 if you own Mad Carnage (normally €3.99/£3.59)
Mad Carnage (QubicGames) - €3.99/£3.59 if you own Grid Mania or Tactical Mind (normally €4.99/£4.49)
Tactical Mind (QubicGames) - €2.39/£2.15 if you own Mad Carnage (normally €2.99/£2.69)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm still waiting for Bad Dudes vs. Dragonninja (even though it sounds like it's not what it should be!)

29th of March Switch eShop releases;

Nintendo Switch eShop
Outlast 2 (Red Barrels, €29.99 / £26.99)
Warp Shift (ISBIT GAMES, €9.99 / £8.99)
ACA NEO GEO SENGOKU 3 (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)
Adventures of Bertram Fiddle: Episode 1: A Dreadly Business (Chorus Worldwide Games, €5.49 / £4.99)
ClusterPuck 99 (Coatsink Software, €8.49 / £7.69)
Gotcha Racing 2nd (ARC SYSTEM WORKS, €9.99 / £8.99)
Lode Runner Legacy (Tozai Games, €11.99 / £10.79)
The Charming Empire (D3 Publisher, €24.99 / £19.99)
Unholy Heights (mebius., €4.89 / £4.39)
Atelier Lydie & Suelle ~The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings~ (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €59.99 / £53.99)
Penny-Punching Princess (NIS America, €39.99 / £39.99)
Arcade Archives PUNCH-OUT!! (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)
Alteric (Sometimes You, €4.99 / £4.49)
Devious Dungeon (Ratalaika Games, €7.99 / £7.99)
Farm Expert 2018 for Nintendo Switch (SimFabric, €24.99 / £22.49)
Shadow Bug (Muro Studios, €8.99 / £8.09)
TENGAI for Nintendo Switch (Zerodiv, €6.99 / £6.99)

Nintendo Switch Discounts
Toki Tori (Two Tribes Publishing, €4.49 / £4.04 until 13th Apr, regular price €4.99 / £4.49)

Nintendo Switch DLC
Attack On Titan 2: Additional Episodes, 12-Episode Set (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €8.99 / £8.09)
A.O.T. 2: Additional Episode: “A Sudden Rain” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €0.99 / £0.89)
A.O.T. 2: Additional Episode: “Goddess Salvation” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €0.99 / £0.89)
A.O.T. 2: Additional Episode: “A Cornered Rat” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €0.99 / £0.89)
A.O.T. 2: Additional Armin Costume: “Kiddie Outfit” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €3.49 / £3.19)
A.O.T. 2: Additional Jean Costume: “Clown Outfit” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €3.49 / £3.19)
A.O.T. 2: Additional Conny Costume: “Kung Fu Outfit” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €3.49 / £3.19)
A.O.T. 2: Additional Christa Costume: “Cutesy Goth Outfit” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €3.49 / £3.19)
A.O.T. 2: Additional Sasha Costume: “Cheerleader Outfit” (KOEI TECMO EUROPE, €3.49 / £3.19)
Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition: Star Wars Sequel Skin Pack (Mojang, €2.99 / £2.39)
Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition: Halo Mash-up (Mojang, €5.99 / £4.79)

Nintendo Switch Demos
10 Second Run RETURNS Demo (BLUE PRINT, Free)
Lode Runner Legacy Demo Version (Tozai Games, Free)
Word Search by POWGI Demo (Lightwood Games, Free)

• Thanks 3