NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

Just now, Ashley said:

Anyone else having trouble getting on eShop?  I'm getting an "unable to display page" error message.

It works for me.

Yeah I edited just after.  Seems it didn't like being in my bedroom :p

Yeah I edited just after.  Seems it didn't like being in my bedroom
That's what he said.

I thought the Embers of Mirrim demo was ok by the way. Not good, but not bad as well. Just some platforming with the occasional new idea, though I suspect that will get stale fast.

Just a heads-up for pinball fans.  Both Pinball FX3 (Zen Pinball) and Stern Pinball arcade were released today.  Each comes with one table pre-installed.  However, with Pinball FX3, make sure you also download the Carnivals and Legends pack (two tables) ASAP, as it's free for now.  That's four free tables between the two games.

Pinball FX3 is business as usual if you're used to Zen Pinball (no bad thing - I have to say I'm waiting for some of the later tables though), whereas Stern Pinball Arcade seeks to replicate real pinball machines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah. Got both. Love zen pinball, bought universal and alien packs already. Hoping when Nintendo sorry their account we can download all our purchases from wii u version. 

Never played stern but looking forward to trying it out. 

Stern is really great - smooth, realistic and less "busy" than Zen/FX3.  Looking forward to seeing some more classic tables on it.

26 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Stern is really great - smooth, realistic and less "busy" than Zen/FX3.  Looking forward to seeing some more classic tables on it.

Most importantly, the physics are spot on (if The Pinball Arcade is anything to go by).  I've never liked the way that the Pinball FX/Zen Pinball games actually feel to play, it doesn't feel remotely realistic and the tables just aren't very well crafted or all that fun.  TPA/Stern Pinball nails the actual feel of pinball and (by virtue of featuring digitized versions of some of the best real pinball tables ever made), has an absolutely cracking selection of brilliantly designed tables!

Edited by Dcubed

26 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Most importantly, the physics are spot on (if The Pinball Arcade is anything to go by).  I've never liked the way that the Pinball FX/Zen Pinball games actually feel to play, it doesn't feel remotely realistic and the tables just aren't very well crafted or all that fun.  TPA/Stern Pinball nails the actual feel of pinball and (by virtue of featuring digitized versions of some of the best real pinball tables ever made), has an absolutely cracking selection of brilliantly designed tables!

Yes indeed.  I'm hoping for Austin Powers and RollerCoaster Tycoon!

Stern feels much smoother undocked. FX is 30fps and you definitely notice it. FX visually really does look great.

PLayed Stern, didn’t like it as much, deleted it. Zen Pinball is as good as ever though; bought £20s worth of tables already..

Had a quick go on both pinball games. I thought I'd have a slight preference for the more realistic one, but in the end I preferred Zen (again, only after some quick impressions). It has some downsides, a convoluted menu, some minigames go overboard, but so far I prefer the sounds and feel of Zen. Stern has too subtle rumble, and the sounds are too muted, except for the low quality soundbites (which I realize are probably authentic, but that doesn't stop it from hurting my ears). Stern's menu may not be convoluted, but it's just as slow. I think Frankenstein is just not a good showcase for the game as its free table, while I actually liked the Wizard one in Zen. Zen also has loads more options in settings. I bought 2 tables for Zen, Portal and Walking Dead, then wanted to do the same for Stern, but the Star Trek I wanted was 8 euros something. I bought the Zen tables for 5 euros total. That said, Stern has an actual physical release, and you can get a physical copy with all tables (I mean, I assume it includes all tables) for around 30 euros. I'll obviously play around some more with both.

8 euros a table? Didn’t even see that. I think Zen is a better in every regard to be honest; the social and friends stuff is really fantastic, the fact you can create your own custom tournaments and such. Stern is so bare bones, youcan’t even compare scores with friends... 

Glad to her zen working on a patch for 60fps undocked. Also docked isn't 1080p at the moment

Tried pinball FX again today undocked and coming from stern pinball i can't play it. Stern performance much better.

Edited by khilafah

2 hours ago, dazzybee said:

8 euros a table? Didn’t even see that. I think Zen is a better in every regard to be honest; the social and friends stuff is really fantastic, the fact you can create your own custom tournaments and such. Stern is so bare bones, youcan’t even compare scores with friends... 

To be fair, that's only 1 of 3 tables prices that way, but still. The other ones are around 4 euro something (4,50 I believe), with 2 bundles of 4 tables being around 16 euros each. That's a bit pricey considering Zen is much cheaper but also much more polished.

Big Switch 3rd party sale on the eShop has started.

Rocket League - £11.28 (25% off)
Overcooked - £14.39 (20% off)
SteamWorld Dig 2 - £10.99 (27% off)
Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle - £33.32 (33% off)
Jackbox Party Pack 2 - £13.29 (30% off)
Jackbox Party Pack 3 - £15.02 (25% off)
Shovel Knight Treasure Trove - £17.99 (20% off)
Shovel Knight: Spector of Torment - £7.15 (20% off)
The Bridge - £6.29 (30% off)
Monopoly - £22.49 (25% off)
Octodad - £8.03 (33% off)
Caveman Warriors - £8.79 (25% off)
Unepic - £7.19 (20% off)
Sonic Forces - £23.44 (33% off)
Just Dance 2018 - £33.32 (33% off)
Teslagrad - £12.14 (10% off)
Puyo Puyo Tetris - £24.49 (30% off)
Dragonball Xenoverse 2 - £38.49 (30% off)
Oceanhorn - £9.03 (33% off)
The Mummy Demastered - £12.59 (30% off)
Farming Simulator 2018 - £28.49 (25% off)
Mighty Gunvolt Burst - £6.29 (30% off)
Kingdom New Lands - £10.11 (25% off)
Infinite Mini Golf - £8.09 (40% off)
Blaster Master Zero - £6.29 (30% off)
Let's Sing 2018 - £26.99 (10% off)
The Sparkle 2 EVO - £3.00 (33% off)
Yono and the Celestial Elephants - £10.99 (15% off)
Slime-San - £8.50 (15% off)
Super Ping Pong Trick Shot - £2.69 (10% off)
Super Putty Squad - £11.24 (25% off)
26 Fragments of Midnight - £2.54 (15% off)
Shantae: Half Genie Hero - £10.71 (33% off)
Namco Museum £14.99 (50% off)
Violet - £6.02 (33% off)
Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack - £25.19 (20% off)
Use Your Words - £5.89 (50% off)
Tallowmere- £5.66 (10% off)
One Piece: Unlimited World Red - Deluxe Edition - £35.74 (35% off)
Unbox - £12.49 (50% off)
Squareboy vs Bullies: Arena Edition - £3.81 (15% off)
Wheels of Aurelia - £6.29 (30% off)
Has Been Heroes - £9.99 (50% off)
League of Evil - £6.11 (15% off)
Pankapu - £8.99 (18% off)
The Count Lucanor - £8.00 (33% off)
Forma.8 - £6.29 (30% off)
Party Golf - £8.99 (33% off)
Astro Dual Deluxe - £6.29 (50% off)
Time Recoil - £8.99 (25% off)
Ninja Showdown - £7.49 (25% off)
88 Heroes: 98 Heroes Edition -£22.49 (25% off)
Binaries - £6.99 (30% off)
Earth Atlantis - £10.79 (20% off)
I and Me - 7.64 (15% off)
Conga Master Party - £5.99 (25% off)

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 2

Supposedly there’s an equivalent sale on the Wii U and 3DS according to Nintendo Life, but annoyingly they don’t list what 3DS & Wii U games are on sale, just Switch...

That's great news, I'm glad it's running until the 28th as I doubt I'll be able to spare the cash until after Xmas but definitely want to pick up a few. Will probably take a punt on Rocket League too.

Mario x Rabbids on sale again!? :o Kinda wish I waited to buy that now. 

Will probably pick up some of the Inti Creates games that have been on my watch list for a while, and maybe Rocket League too.