NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

Nabbed Wonder Boy on sale. Game is making me swear a lot, which is a good sign. :D

What's the deal with this though?:

DO6CA5OV4AE2DqC.jpg:large

Doesn't seem to do anything. :blank:

Going to have to try and find my GCN Hori digital controller for this one. :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dcubed said:

She heals you.  You have to have actually have lost health though lol!

Classic. :laughing:

For some reason I thought she turned you back into human form. :hehe:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Going to have to try and find my GCN Hori digital controller for this one. :cool:

That amazing controller got me through most of Wulverblade, it really is exceptional for 2D Switch titles which don't require more than one trigger button... or the minus button because select remaps as an extra "B" button for some reason, but other than that it's perfect. :D

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RedShell said:

y cant metroid crawl ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

That would be a short game. :heh: Sounds more like a pay-to-win!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Grazza said:

That would be a short game. :heh: Sounds more like a pay-to-win!

Oh really? Never played the original (in case you couldn’t tell :heh:) so yeah, not sure what’s going on. Enjoying it though. :) Switching from HD visuals/audio to retro style on the fly is awesome! :cool:

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

That amazing controller got me through most of Wulverblade, it really is exceptional for 2D Switch titles which don't require more than one trigger button... or the minus button because select remaps as an extra "B" button for some reason, but other than that it's perfect. :D

Just found mine, but cannot get it to connect. Didn’t have any problems with the standard GCN controller, is there a trick to getting the Hori to work? :blank:

EDIT:

Nevermind, it’s working now. :)

Edited by RedShell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

I'm gonna reiterate what I said when I wrote about this game in the Gaming Diary Thread. Why would you even want to turn back to normal?

13 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'm gonna reiterate what I said when I wrote about this game in the Gaming Diary Thread. Why would you even want to turn back to normal?

giphy.gif

Hmm... Not sure about the Hori digital pad with this game actually. Having attack on Y (or Select :heh:) feels a bit weird with the GCN button layout. But the D-Pad is sooooo good. 

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

So you can play Wonder Boy IV (hint, hint, Lizardcube!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, it’s a good job I know what the nurse does now :heh: because the game is kicking my ass at the moment in the underground area! :eek: 

2 hours ago, RedShell said:

Well, it’s a good job I know what the nurse does now :heh: because the game is kicking my ass at the moment in the underground area! :eek: 

Yeah, that's definitely the toughest area in the game. Don't be afraid to use those secondary items. Because you lose them if you die, so you might as well.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, that's definitely the toughest area in the game. Don't be afraid to use those secondary items. Because you lose them if you die, so you might as well.

Finally got through it, thanks for the tip about secondary items. :)

Spoiler

Oooh, I can fly now! :D

Discovered a couple of new locked doors in the village area, but only 1 key from a shop. The door I chose to open has nothing in it though... or am I missing something “obvious” again?  :heh:

Yeah, the game is actually harder than I thought it would be (playing on Normal). But it's a joy to play, the game still really holds up to modern games, especially with the new, charming graphics. 

I'm about as far as RedShell. Can't recommend the game enough.

Finished the game today. I think. I finished the Sky Castle but it feels like I need to do more - isn't there a dragon more that needs to be slain? 

Still awesome game. Simply.

Just now, MindFreak said:

Finished the game today. I think. I finished the Sky Castle but it feels like I need to do more - isn't there a dragon more that needs to be slain? 

Still awesome game. Simply.

Nope, you've done the main portion of the game. There are some hidden optional challenge rooms to find, but the majority of them are pretty damn hidden.

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Nope, you've done the main portion of the game. There are some hidden optional challenge rooms to find, but the majority of them are pretty damn hidden.

Thanks. Too bad, though, as the ending was a bit sudden and anticlimatic. Would have loved it if the human now wanted to slay the dragon that cursed him/her or something.

2 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Thanks. Too bad, though, as the ending was a bit sudden and anticlimatic. Would have loved it if the human now wanted to slay the dragon that cursed him/her or something.

I thought that too.  It feels like there should be a rematch with the dragon that placed the curse, but alas, no.

Finished Wonder Boy today:

Spoiler

DPE4tYTVQAEhgMJ?format=jpg&name=large

Loved how the credits...

Spoiler

...used photos of the developers from the 80s, :laughing: that was a really nice touch.

Also like how there are little vids of the musical performances in the gallery, some beautiful artwork in there too.

No doubt it’s a lovely little game, but I think it is massively overpriced at the standard price of £18! Glad I waited for it to go on sale before picking it up, that’s for sure. Also, they’re nuts to try and sell this now as a £40 retail title! :o 

• Like 3

Pathetic sale from Nintendo as always:

US eShop 

1-2-Switch
$49.99
$39.99

Super Bomberman R
$49.99
$39.99

I am Setsuna
$39.99
$23.99

Puyo Puyo Tetris
$29.99
$24.99

Lego City Undercover
$39.99
$27.99

Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game
$59.99
$41.99

Disgaea 5 Complete
$59.99
$49.99

Edited by liger05

Wow! There's actually something decent in the eShop sale. I have yet to pick up Spelunker Party and I see its down to £16. I'm honestly shocked. Im tempted to push my luck and check out the 3DS sale. :D 

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Some absolute bargains not he 3ds and wii u if you don’t have the games - tropical freeze and pick in 3 for 13.99 is just criminal!

Retro Rampge for £8 on switch is pretty tempting even though i own and never played it on 3ds

• Thanks 1

Holy crap!! Nintendo finally delivered a good sale!!

There are some ludicrous bargains across Wii U, 3DS and even Switch! (Mario & Rabbids is giving away the season pass for free when you buy it digitally! Glad I held out! :D )

23rd of November Switch eShop releases and sales;

Switch Retail Download
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Gold Edition (Ubisoft, €59.99 / £49.59 until 30th November, regular price €74.99 / £61.99)
MXGP3 – The Official Motocross Videogame (Milestone, €49.99 / £39.99)
Portal Knights (505 Games, €29.99 / £24.99)
Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (Bigben Interactive, €34.99 / £31.49)
Snow Moto Racing Freedom (Bigben Interactive, €34.99 / £31.49)
Let’s Sing 2018 (Koch Media, €35.99 until 24th December, regular price €39,99)
Let’s Sing 2018 Hits Français et Internationaux (Koch Media, €35,99 / £26,99 until 24th December, regular price €39,99 / £26,99)
Let’s Sing 2018 mit deutschen Hits (Koch Media, €35.99 until 24th December, regular price €39,99)

Switch eShop
Battle Chef Brigade (Adult Swim, €19.99 / £17.99)
Worms W.M.D. (Team17, €29.99 / £19.99)
Mantis Burn Racing (VooFoo Studios, €15.99 / £14.99)
Poi: Explorer Edition (PolyKid, €39.99 / £29.99)
Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today (Badland Games, €14.99 / £13.49)
Uurnog Uurnlimited (Raw Fury, €14.99 / £13.49)
Crimsonland (10tons, €12.59 / £10.79 until 30th November, normally €13.99 / £11.99)
Kid Tripp (Four Horses, €3.99 / £3.59)
Stick It to The Man (Zoink, €11.99 / £10.99)
Letter Quest Remastered (Digerati, €12.99 / £11.69)
Transcripted (Plug In Digital, €7.99 / £6.99)
Red Game Without a Great Name (iFun4all, €2.99 / £2.69)
Soccer Brawl (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)

Switch Pre-Order / Pre-Load
Gear.Club Unlimited (Anuman Interactive, €49.99 / £44.99) – Available from Friday, 24th of November.

Switch DLC
Rocket League – Fast & Furious DLC Bundle (Psyonix, €4.22 / £3.75)

Switch eShop Cyber Deals
Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition (Ubisoft, €29.99 / £22.49 until 30th November, regular price €39.99 / £29.99)
Spelunker Party! (Square Enix, €19.49 / £16.24 until 11th December, regular price €29.99 / £24.99)
I Am Setsuna (Square Enix, €23.99 / £17.99 until 11th December, regular price €39.99 / £29.99)
Retro City Rampage DX (Vblank, €9.89 / £8.57 until 30th November, regular price €14.99 / £12.99)
Tumblestone (QuantumAstroGuild, €9.74 / £8.99 until 30th November, regular price €12.99 / £11.99)
The Jackbox Party Pack 4 (Jackbox Games, €17.59 / £15.99 until 30th November, regular price €21.99 / £19.99)
Syberia (Microids, €19.99 / £17.99 until 30th November, regular price €29.99 / £26.99)
INVERSUS Deluxe (Hypersect, €10.19 / £9.34 until 30th November, regular price €11.99 / £10.99)
Neon Chrome (10tons, €11.99 / £10.39 until 30th November, regular price €14.99 / £12.99)
Volgarr the Viking (Crazy Viking, €7.49 / £6.74 until 30th November, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)
Qbics Paint (Abylight, €3.49 / £3.14 until 30th November, regular price €4.99 / £4.49)
R.B.I. Baseball 17 (Nighthawk Interactive, €20.09 / £18.08 until 30th November, regular price €29.99 / £26.99)
Semispheres (Vivid Helix, €8.99 / £8.09 until 30th November, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)
Sparkle 2 Evo (Forever Entertainment, €3.34 / £3.00 until 30th November, regular price €4.99 / £4.49)
Violett (Forever Entertainment, €8.99 / £8.09 until 30th November, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)
Tower of Babel (EnjoyUp Games, €4.99 / £4.49 until 30th November, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)

Switch eShop Demo
Nine Parchments (Frozenbyte, free)
Robonauts (QubicGames, free)

• Thanks 2