NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

Rocket League dropping Nov 14th! $19.99 or region equivlent. That's what £15?

Novemeber be stacked, baby.

Double dipping on this.

2 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

Rocket League dropping Nov 14th! $19.99 or region equivlent. That's what £15?

Novemeber be stacked, baby.

Double dipping on this.

If anything, November is going to be a bit of a breather for me!

I expect to be knee deep in Super Mario Odyssey for the next few weeks and hopefully finishing off Resident Evil VII at some point while I scatter in the odd game of FIFA 18. I need to get back into both Splatoon 2 and ARMS while Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is trying to lure me back in.

At the moment, Resident Evil VII almost feels like an inconvenience on my Switch indulgence (perhaps even impacting my enjoyment of it :hmm: ) but.. it's the season for it :heh:

I felt like after Mario the rest of the year was catch up time, but with Doom, Rocket League, Worms, the resident evil games and maybe wwe2k18; I'm not so sure. Plus till Rabbids, golf story, starred valley to play....

I still have Rabbids in its wrapper!! So much quality games to get through.

Just now, Blade said:

It's been a great end to the year for Switch owners software wise, genuinely too much to play! 

I'm not doing that bad. Now that Odyssey is finished, I only have Thimbleweed Park, Phantom Trigger, Golf Story and Pankapu to finish off. Fire Emblem Warriors is on the list but i'm not far off the end. 

Edited by Hero-of-Time

1 hour ago, Blade said:

You're in for a treat

• Thanks 1

I have literally cleared my backlog by finishing Golf Story three days ago.  Dipping into Splatoon 2 and MK8 Deluxe again while waiting for Odyssey to be delivered.  Next week hopefully.  Then onto the shitstorm of Doom, LA Noire (may cancel), Rocket League, Enter The Gungeon, Xenoblade Chronicles, Zelda DLC (haven't purchased yet, but will if the story content is good), Resident Evil Revelations Collection, Skyrim, Tiny Metal, and that's not including if we get a good Christmas sale (haha, that'll keep me busy until 2019).

I wouldn't bother with The Binding of Isaac. Very overrated and it has an awful art style to it. It's tied with Flip Wars as my worst Switch purchase.

• Thanks 2

I still really need to catch up with Axiom Verge and Stardew Valley.  I suppose I could fit in the former after Mario Odyssey, but the latter is one I don't want to get into until I've finished with everything else.

Then I need to cast my eye over any Neo Geo releases I've missed - certainly interested in Roddy & Cathy.

I think Stardew Valley is a bit bugged atm, so I'd suggest waiting for a patch or two; that's what I'm doing.

I made a few purchases the other evening. I picked up Severed ( LOVE the Vita version ), Snake Pass ( figured I would give it a punt while it was on sale ), Mummy Demastered (I  see this has now got a patch for its performance issues ) and Knight Terrors. 

Knight Terrors is only a couple of quid and i've already got my moneys worth out of it. It's an endless runner, with the graphical style that reminds me of the Spectrum/C64 days. It certainly has that one-more-go feeling to it and the fact that the stages are procedurally generated keeps the game fresh, despite is very simplistic setup. Definitely one for those who like chasing high scores and easily worth the asking price.

• Thanks 1

@Hero of Time interested to hear your thoughts on Snake Pass. I picked it up at launch and enjoyed it. Has a very N64 Rare vibe to it and gets pretty challenging in the late game. 

2 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

@Hero of Time interested to hear your thoughts on Snake Pass. I picked it up at launch and enjoyed it. Has a very N64 Rare vibe to it and gets pretty challenging in the late game. 

I had a quick go of it last and and found it to be very interesting and unique, mainly due to the way you have to move. The one thing I don't like is that if you've picked up collectibles and then die you have to then go pick them up again. :shakehead

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I had a quick go of it last and and found it to be very interesting and unique, mainly due to the way you have to move. The one thing I don't like is that if you've picked up collectibles and then die you have to then go pick them up again. :shakehead

If you go through a checkpoint again it will save them. Takes longer, but saves you doing a lot over and over again.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nicktendo said:

If you go through a checkpoint again it will save them. Takes longer, but saves you doing a lot over and over again.

Ah, that's good to know.

I didn't enjoy Snake Pass that much and gave up on it on the fourth level. The challenge mainly comes from the controls and while that is interesting it also gets frustrating. I don't think I have the patience for that. It did have a nice setting, though.

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1

I completed Snake Pass but made the decision very early on that I wouldn't even attempt to get some of the collectibles so didn't get anywhere close to getting 100% in it. I never quite felt like I had the hang of the controls but had surprisingly few frustrating moments. I'll happily revisit it when the new content arrives but can't see myself playing through it again.

There is also an Easy control scheme, doesn't that make it easier? Haven't tried it yet but will give it a go to compare with the normal control scheme.

4 hours ago, MindFreak said:

I didn't enjoy Snake Pass that much and gave up on it on the fourth level. The challenge mainly comes from the controls and while that is interesting it also gets frustrating. I don't think I have the patience for that. It did have a nice setting, though.

I gave up around the fourth level as well. I wasn't having fun at all and couldn't be bothered looking for the collectibles. The game was really unpolished as well.

Batman TellTale series season one is up on the eShop for release on the 17th of November.

Played this on the One, I would recommend it...however £40 seems a bit steep for it, maybe if it hits a sale in the New Year I might double dip!

2nd of November Switch eShop releases;

Switch Retail Downloads
Monopoly (Ubisoft, €39.99 / £29.99)
Cartoon Network: Battle Crashers (GameMill Entertainment, €39.99 / £35.99)
Monster Jam: Crush It! (GameMill Entertainment, €39.99 / £35.99)

Switch Retail Download Pre-Purchase
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks, €59.99 / £49.99)

Switch eShop
Morphite (Level 77, €14.99 / £13.49)
Perception (Deep End Games, €13.99 / £12.99)
Chess Ultra (Ripstone, €12.49 / £9.99)
Super Beat Sports (Harmonix, €14.99 / £13.49)
Sparkle 2 EVO (Forever Entertainment, €4.49 / £4.04 until 9th November, then €4.99 / £4.49)
King Oddball (10tons, €4.99 / £3.99)
Wheels of Aurelia (MixedBag, €9.99 / £8.99)
Art of Fighting 3: The Path of the Warrior (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)

Switch eShop Temporary Discount
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (FDG Entertainment, €11.24 / £10.11 until 9th November, regular price €14.99 / £13.49)

Switch eShop Demo
Heroes of the Monkey Tavern (Monkey Stories, free)

• Thanks 3

Finished Thimbleweed Park. Loved it, but I am NOT good at adventure games. Had to use hints and guides a lot to get me through it, some of the puzzles were so obtuse I've no idea how anyone could figure them out without using a guide! Quite a bittersweet ending, but overall lots of fun and great writing/art.

Earth Atlantis was a challenging game to review, as there was a pre-patch and a post-patch version.  In the end, I hope I gave it a fair go in both iterations.

n-europe Review

content-2-35292-earthatlantissidebox.jpg

Earth Atlantis

As ever, thanks greatly to @S.C.G.

• Thanks 3