NEurope
Londragon

Switch eShop Thread

I've been picking away at Blaster Master Zero in between playing the various Mario games and i've finally fully completed the game with all the characters.

Spoiler

DMxSbpnVoAAOwuA.jpg

DMxSXebVAAIPZwc.jpg

DMxSTDhVAAAnX09.jpg

DMxSG7BUEAA3CtW.jpg

DMxSA-_VQAASeQP.jpg

Just like Mighty Gunvolt Burst, I think I clocked around 25-30 hours on the game. I certainly got my moneys worth.

I think out of the added characters both Shovel Knight and Shantae were the most fun to use. Both had great movesets and had little nods to their own games, whether it was a nice little jingle or something more obvious like these...

DMxR6DxUEAIkAlv.jpg

DMxR13AVQAAOq4V.jpg

Inti Creates doing amazing work again and I look forward to playing Dragon: Marked For Death. I'm hoping that game drops before the end of the year. Saying that, Azure Striker Gunvolt double pack hits retail next month, so it won't be long before I get o play one of their games again.

I've now only got Phantom Trigger, Golf Story, Thimbleweed Park and Pankapu to finish off to clear my eShop backlog. I'm getting there...

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 3

Aye, I'll definitely be picking this game up this wednesday when I finally get a switch. Getting a great condition used system with Splat 2 and BotW. Also getting Mario as that's the game I was waiting for before buying and will probably get some eShop treasures too.

Dead set on getting Blaster Master, Steamworld Dig 2 and Waku Waku 7 on day 1, what else should I be on the lookout for besides Stardew Valey, Binding of Isaac, Cave Story and Shovel Knight (have them already)? Golf Story seems nice. Might look into a Jackbox game, never tried any and it seems like a good fit for the switch.

I dislike (despite completely understanding) the dpad on the system and the pro controller has issues in that arena as well so I was a bit down on older/indie 2D stuff for the Switch... but serendipity interfered and the controller I've been using for most of my 2D gaming (except fighters and shmups) since the last couple years (Pokkén) is 100% compatible with the system all of a sudden so I do believe the switch will become my platform of choice for such experiences whenever possible, considering the optional portability factor (despite the less than ideal dpad).

2 minutes ago, Oxigen_Waste said:

Aye, I'll definitely be picking this game up this wednesday when I finally get a switch. Getting a great condition used system with Splat 2 and BotW. Also getting Mario as that's the game I was waiting for before buying and will probably get some eShop treasures too.

Dead set on getting Blaster Master, Steamworld Dig 2 and Waku Waku 7 on day 1, what else should I be on the lookout for besides Stardew Valey, Binding of Isaac, Cave Story and Shovel Knight (have them already)? Golf Story seems nice. Might look into a Jackbox game, never tried any and it seems like a good fit for the switch.

Mighty Gunvolt Burst is another must have eShop game, especially if you enjoy the Mega Man series. I also recommend Kamiko. It's a very short game but I found it to be one of my favourite titles from the eShop. 

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Mighty Gunvolt Burst is another must have eShop game, especially if you enjoy the Mega Man series. I also recommend Kamiko. It's a very short game but I found it to be one of my favourite titles from the eShop. 

Thanks, didn't even know it was on there, thought it was 3DS only... Had quite a bit of fun with Azure, never tried the sequel but assuming I can jump straight to #3 with no problems.

Edit: btw, while you're here... you wouldn't happen to have imported MHXX would you? Since your love of MH is legendary I gotta ask. Would be an instabuy since I skipped it on 3DS precisely because I thought a Switch version would be coming (same for Sun/Moon) but the amount of menu based interface and different components makes importing this intimidating... If you did import it, how big of a pain was it?

Edited by Oxigen_Waste

3 hours ago, Oxigen_Waste said:

I say the same to everyone, but I honestly think Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is a class above everything else I've played.  Doesn't use diagonals either, so the Switch's d-pad is fine.

5 hours ago, Oxigen_Waste said:

Thanks, didn't even know it was on there, thought it was 3DS only... Had quite a bit of fun with Azure, never tried the sequel but assuming I can jump straight to #3 with no problems.

Edit: btw, while you're here... you wouldn't happen to have imported MHXX would you? Since your love of MH is legendary I gotta ask. Would be an instabuy since I skipped it on 3DS precisely because I thought a Switch version would be coming (same for Sun/Moon) but the amount of menu based interface and different components makes importing this intimidating... If you did import it, how big of a pain was it?

Sorry, didn't see your edit until now.

Nah, I didn't bother importing it. I was going to but I figured I would just wait for Monster Hunter World as its not too far off.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grazza said:

I say the same to everyone, but I honestly think Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is a class above everything else I've played.  Doesn't use diagonals either, so the Switch's d-pad is fine.

Forgot to include that in the list. Got it already. Great stuff. Still prefer Monster World IV but only barely!

Considering the amount of Wii VC TurboGrafx games that are suddenly being dumped left and right into the WiiU's VC at the most nonsensical point in it's life possible I wouldn't be surprised if these all ended up coming to the Switch, in which case I'll definitely be replaying Dragon's Curse just for a frame of reference now that the new remake is a thing.

5 hours ago, Oxigen_Waste said:

Forgot to include that in the list. Got it already. Great stuff. Still prefer Monster World IV but only barely!

Yeah, I think I agree (at least comparing original to original)... I'm really hoping they remake that one.

VVVVV is amazing, not worth double dipping, but if people haven't played it and struggling for something to play (ha) then it's well worth picking up

I forgot Mummy Demastered is out today. I've been looking around for reviews but there doesn't seem to be any kicking about at the moment.

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I forgot Mummy Demastered is out today. I've been looking around for reviews but there doesn't seem to be any kicking about at the moment.

I'll get it today, but not sure when I start playing it. I'll try to get a few hours in, but I have other plans as well.

Has anyone tried the Thimbleweed Park casual mode? I'm keen to play the game but don't want to get stuck for ages on obtuse puzzles.

30 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Has anyone tried the Thimbleweed Park casual mode? I'm keen to play the game but don't want to get stuck for ages on obtuse puzzles.

I've been playing it on normal/hard mode and it hasn't been too b ad. Plus, you use the phone in the game to point you in the right direction if you get stuck. Think of it as a help line.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure there's enough of a discount on Shovel Knight to make me bite.. but I might :hehe:

I'm tight :blank:

Try Nintendo: Review. Good game, but a little too similar to Metroid and brings little new to the table except aesthetic changes and a little more run and fun elements. Good not awesome. If you like Metroid it’s a no brainer. http://nintendoreview.co.uk/

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Downloaded Golf Story. Great game. Put about 18 hours into it and am now on the last championship match (at least I think it’s the last). The vast majority of the game has been a breeze, but now the last match requires such a precision level, luck with the direction of the wind, and general nuance that has left me pulling my hair out. I’ll take a break and come back to it in a day or two.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

On 10/23/2017 at 3:10 PM, Grazza said:

With the amount of times the two of us big up this amazing game, we should just call ourselves the Wonder Twins.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

With the amount of times the two of us big up this amazing game, we should just call ourselves the Wonder Twins.

It still stands out for me.  Whilst many eShop games, however good, do still feel "indie", this one is a class act from beginning to end.  The hand-drawn visuals might actually be the best I've seen, and I love the fact you can unlock video clips of the orchestra recording the soundtrack.  Controls and plays like a dream too.

3 minutes ago, Grazza said:

It still stands out for me.  Whilst many eShop games, however good, do still feel "indie", this one is a class act from beginning to end.  The hand-drawn visuals might actually be the best I've seen, and I love the fact you can unlock video clips of the orchestra recording the soundtrack.  Controls and plays like a dream too.

It's amazing how professional it feels. If I didn't know any better, I wouldn't be able to guess it was an indie effort. The visuals definitely help. Even if they're so good that I never actually switched to Retro visuals for more than 5 seconds at a time.

It might have retroactively ruined about 90% of remakes for me. They just can't compete.

Happy Halloween Switch eShop, it's your first on the 26th of October;

Switch Retail Downloads
Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo, €59.99 / £49.99) – Available from Friday, 27th of October.
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon (Koei Tecmo, €59.99 / £49.99) – Available from Friday, 27th of October.
Just Dance 2018 (Ubisoft, €59.99 / £49.99)
This is the Police (Nordic Games, €29.99 / £24.99)

Switch eShop
The Mummy Demastered (WayForward, €19.99 / £17.99)
Splasher (Plug In Digital, €14.99 / £12.99)
Moon Hunters (Kitfox Games, €13.49 / £8.99 until 2nd November, regular price €14.99 / £9.99)
Violett (Forever Entertainment, €8.99 / £8.09 until 6th November, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)
Time Recoil (10tons, €13.99 / £11.99)
Knight Terrors (Nicalis, €2.99 / £2.69)
Zombie Gold Rush (Amazing, €4.99 / £4.49)
Mutation Nation (HAMSTER, €6.99 / £6.29)

Switch DLC
Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition: Stranger Things Skin Pack (Mojang, €2.99 / £2.39)
Nights of Azure 2 – Preorder Bonus Pack (Koei Tecmo)
Nights of Azure 2: Special Costume, Yuri Kozukata’s Outfit (Koei Tecmo, free and only available until 26th January 2018)
LEGO Worlds: Monsters Pack (Warner Bros., €3.99 / £3.29)
Infinite Minigolf: Hangar 37 (Zen Studios, free)

Nintendo Switch Halloween Sale
Disgaea 5 Complete (NIS America, €49.99 / £41.66 until 2nd November, regular price €59.99 / £49.99)
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (Yacht Club Games, €19.99 / £17.99 until 2nd November, regular price €24.99 / £22.49)
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment (Yacht Club Games, €7.99 / £7.19 until 2nd November, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)
Cave Story+ (Nicalis, €26.99 / £24.29 until 2nd November, regular price €29.99 / £26.99)
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (Nicalis, €35.99 / £32.39 until 2nd November, regular price €39.99 / £35.99)
Axiom Verge (Thomas Happ Games, €16.19 / £13.49 until 2nd November, regular price €17.99 / £14.99)
Snake Pass (Sumo Digital, €9.99 / £7.99 until 2nd November, regular price €19.99 / £15.99)
Thimbleweed Park (Terrible Toybox, €16.99 / £12.74 until 2nd November, regular price €19.99 / £14.99)
GoNNER (Raw Fury, €8.49 / £7.64 until 2nd November, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)
Bulb Boy (Bulbware, €5.59 / £5.03 until 2nd November, regular price €7.99 / £7.19)
Phantom Trigger (TinyBuild Games, €7.49 / £6.74 until 2nd November, regular price €14.99 / £13.49)
SEVERED (Drinkbox Studios, €11.99 / £10.79 until 2nd November, regular price €14.99 / £13.49)
Dark Witch Music Episode: Rudymical (Flyhigh Works, €7.20 / £6.29 until 2nd November, regular price €8.00 / £6.99)
Graceful Explosion Machine (Vertex Pop Inc, €10.39 / £7.99 until 2nd November, regular price €12.99 / £9.99)
BUTCHER (Crunching Koalas, €7.99 / £7.19 until 2nd November, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)
Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition (Crunching Koalas, €7.99 / £7.19 until 2nd November, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)
Rocket Fist (Bitten Toast Games, €7.99 / £7.19 until 2nd November, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)
Robonauts (QubicGames, €9.99 / £8.99 until 12th November, regular price €14.99 / £13.49)
I and Me (Ratalaika Games, €8.99 / £8.09 until 2nd November, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)

Switch eShop Demo
Piczle Lines DX (Rainy Frog, free)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1